Why Do You Carry Concealed? - Page 108
Page 108 of 139 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 1390

Thread: Why Do You Carry Concealed?

First i have a CDWL,but i don't carry everyday. At my age now I feel safer when I go walking around the neighbourhood for exercise. I,feel better when i'm CC.
    You only live one life, which one would you choose to be, armed or unarmed ?
    Springfield Armory 1911-A1 45 Cal. / M&P 40 Cal.Shield Auto / S&W 40VE Cal. Auto
    Taurus .38 SPL +P 5 shots Polymer Revolver/ EAA,.38/357 Magnum 6 shots Revolver

Why Do You Carry Concealed?
    Because I can.. been carrying as a civilian since 1977, prior to that I was a combat veteran retiring in 1977.
    I have 50 years of experience with a 1911.. and carry a Kimber 1911 45 ACP in the pocket...every waking hour.

Summer and winter.

Just retired after 20+ years of serving my country....and I would hate to be a victim of a senseless crime after surviving all that I have already. My wife carries too - wouldn't leave home without it.

Quote Originally Posted by regifter View Post
    Just retired after 20+ years of serving my country....and I would hate to be a victim of a senseless crime after surviving all that I have already. My wife carries too - wouldn't leave home without it.
    You are slow getting started here so I welcome you to the forum after six months... also thank you for your service to our country. You are following in my footsteps as far as personal defense. Its not getting any nicer out there in the street

6. A email I got just about sums it up. Here is the context of it. I thought you might enjoy it although a little long..
    Pretty much explains my position on the subject.
    I don't carry a gun to kill people; I carry a gun to keep from being killed.
    I don't carry a gun to scare people; I carry a gun because sometimes this world can be a scary place.
    I don't carry a gun because I'm paranoid; I carry a gun because there are real threats in the world.
    I don't carry a gun because I'm evil; I carry a gun because I have lived long enough to see the evil in the world.
    I don't carry a gun because I hate the government; I carry a gun because I understand the limitations of government.
    I don't carry a gun because I'm angry; I carry a gun so that I don't have to spend the rest of my life hating myself for failing to be prepared.
    I don't carry a gun because I want to shoot someone; I carry a gun because I want to die at a ripe old age in my bed, and not on a sidewalk somewhere tomorrow afternoon.
    I don't carry a gun because I'm a cowboy; I carry a gun because, when I die and go to heaven, I want to be a cowboy.
    I don't carry a gun to make me feel like a man; I carry a gun because men know how to take care of themselves and the ones they love.
    I don't carry a gun because I feel inadequate; I carry a gun because unarmed and facing three armed thugs, I am inadequate.
    I don't carry a gun because I love it; I carry a gun because I love life and the people who make it meaningful to me.
    Police protection is an oxymoron: Free citizens must protect themselves, because police do not protect you from crime, they just investigate the crime after it happens and then call someone in to clean up the mess.
    Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take an ass whooping'!

7. Great post above.
    Thanks for that.
    Copied & pasted.

I like your post erpmontana! I carry for the same reason and to keep my wife safe as well as anyone else at the time of need. My wife was going to get her CCW, but found out she could not handle a pistol due to Arthur in her hands. She'll out shoot most men with a rifle or shotgun though. People tend to look at you kind of funny carrying a long gun, so CCW is the answer to that. I carry a S&W SD9VE in an Alien Gear IWC. I think I'll look for another with a full kydex wrap. The half kydex allows the holster to collapse after wearing for a while and makes drawing slightly difficult, but re-holstering very hard at times. If I keep my belt loose enough to prevent this, it feels like its going to pull my pants down. Which means you're always checking or lifting it. Not good for CCW especially in a crowded location.

Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take an ass whooping'!
    And THERE it is.

Not too old to still talk shlt mind you - just too old to have to deal with the possible consequences.

Hell, I say we arm kids as well.

Why should they have to quietly take crap from adults just because the adults could "whoop their asses"?

Now normally Zimmerman wouldn't have screwed with Martin - I mean, he's pretty much a worm.

But give him a gun.... and suddenly he's "sick and tired of them niggers always getting away with everything!"

How about Dunn down in Jacksonville?

No reason for him to have to listen to that rap bullshlt in a public parking lot.... not when he's packing!

"Turn that shlt down before I shoot the whole bunch of you!"

Or maybe old man Reeves in the theater?

"I said get off that phone before I MAKE you get off, PUNK!"

Yes, there may well be folks who carry for protection, but from what we see in the news there are WAY more "you talking to me?" Travis Bickles out there just itching for a confrontation.

Pityfull little punks who got bullied all their lives and just want some payback.

But it's like voting, less than half the registered voters ever show up at the polls - yet you'd be hard pressed to find anyone you know who will admit they don't vote.

Same deal here.

"Why NO, I don't carry to be big and bad - I carry for protection only."

Were that the case, you wouldn't have to carry concealed, would you?

The way I see it, you carry so nobody will harm you - you carry concealed so someone will try.

But here's a tip to help spot those Bickles - record a clip of Eastwood saying "make my day"........

If you play it for someone and they grin - they shouldn't be allowed to carry.

Quote Originally Posted by mojo risin View Post
    And THERE it is.

Not too old to still talk shlt mind you - just too old to have to deal with the possible consequences.

Hell, I say we arm kids as well.

Why should they have to quietly take crap from adults just because the adults could "whoop their asses"?

Now normally Zimmerman wouldn't have screwed with Martin - I mean, he's pretty much a worm.

But give him a gun.... and suddenly he's "sick and tired of them niggers always getting away with everything!"

How about Dunn down in Jacksonville?

No reason for him to have to listen to that rap bullshlt in a public parking lot.... not when he's packing!

"Turn that shlt down before I shoot the whole bunch of you!"

Or maybe old man Reeves in the theater?

"I said get off that phone before I MAKE you get off, PUNK!"

Yes, there may well be folks who carry for protection, but from what we see in the news there are WAY more "you talking to me?" Travis Bickles out there just itching for a confrontation.

Pityfull little punks who got bullied all their lives and just want some payback.

But it's like voting, less than half the registered voters ever show up at the polls - yet you'd be hard pressed to find anyone you know who will admit they don't vote.

Same deal here.

"Why NO, I don't carry to be big and bad - I carry for protection only."

Were that the case, you wouldn't have to carry concealed, would you?

The way I see it, you carry so nobody will harm you - you carry concealed so someone will try.

But here's a tip to help spot those Bickles - record a clip of Eastwood saying "make my day"........

If you play it for someone and they grin - they shouldn't be allowed to carry.
    With hundreds of millions of people carrying...you pick less than a dozen examples , and now there are "way more ' you taking to me'" carriers?

Your logic fails.

"not to old to still talk shlt"? You have the completely wrong mindset to be carrying any weapon.

Sent from my D6616 using USA Carry mobile app
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    With hundreds of millions of people carrying...you pick less than a dozen examples
    I have learned that whenever I provide an example that isn't world-wide news - I spend the next dozen posts playing the "please provide documentation" game., and it's Monday - I'm just not in the mood.

Now if you were to offer say - ONE counter example - you know, like where some CC holder's actions somehow actually contributed something positive to the tribe.......

and now there are "way more ' you taking to me'" carriers?
    It's hardly a new attitude in this country.

I suspect there were way more of them as far back as when we first stepped foot off the boats.

It's an American thing, and as far as I can tell - it always has been.

That is unless you have some OTHER explaination as to why we consistently off each other in such record numbers?

You have the completely wrong mindset to be carrying any weapon.
    Since I've never been terrified of the world and everything in it, I have the completely wrong mindset to ever feel a NEED to carry a weapon - despite the fact that I am the proud owner of several.

But I appreciate your concern none the less.

I notice you avoided the question as to how CC is somehow preferable to the obvious deterrent effects of open carry.

From what I can see, there's nothing in our CC to prohibit open carry - in fact here you don't even need CC to carry open.

My theory is that folks who CC do so for primarily two reasons - one that I mentioned before - they are hoping for a confrontation.

And the other being that whilst the world terrifies them to the point they feel the need to carry - it's not something they wish to share with the rest of us.

Now, perhaps it's my Catholic upbringing, but I am of the notion that if something brings you shame - you probably shouldn't be doing it.

What's your take?

I mean let's face it, LaPierre's "the only way to stop a bad guy with a gun" is just plain idiotic.

You aren't ANY safer carrying.

There were "good guys with guns" at Columbine and Virginia tech - and they were the first ones out of the building when the shooting started.

Why?

Because they were intelligent enough to know that a "bad guy with a gun" will KILL a "good guy with a gun" 99 times out of 100.

Take the Colorado theater.

I can't tell you how many CC Cowboys told me "If I had been there...."

Yeah, yeah if YOU had been there, you woulda dropped to the floor like everyone else did and crawled your ass to the exit.

I don't mean to pop anyone's Hollywood created bubble where the every day Joe kills 50 machine gun weilding terrorists with a 38 revolver, but the fact is, when you pit somebody who has no regard for human life - not even his own - against an average joe.... the average Joe is pretty much screwed, and most of them know it. (I've seen it first hand)

So here we are, with CC rights?

And out there are some bad guys who KNOW we have it.

Does ANYONE honestly believe the bad guy who means them harm is gonna give them any opportunity whatsoever to get to their weapon?

Pu-leeeese.

Not long ago in my "hood" we had a gal shot in the head whilst sitting in her car talking on a cell phone.

What was taken?

Her phone.

I suspect her family would rather her assailent had just put the gun to her head and demanded the phone - But why should he take that chance.... she may have been packing.

Tennesse passed CC because at the time Memphis was the US capitol for car jackings.

CC reduced those car jacking stats, bumping Detroit into the number one spot.

That's because when a jacker creeps up on you at a stoplight, shoots you in the head and drags your body out, rather that demanding you get out of the car - it's no longer a car jacking - it's a homocide..

Me?

I'd rather go home on foot and get another car.

So don't waste your breath telling me that your fear driven need to CC has no ill effect on the rest of us, because it does.

If you're all that afraid of this mean old world then do us a favor... stay home with a shotgun on your lap.

Let the rest of us live our lives.