Why Do You Carry Concealed? - Page 109
Page 109 of 139 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1390

Thread: Why Do You Carry Concealed?

Quote Originally Posted by mojo risin View Post
    I have learned that whenever I provide an example that isn't world-wide news - I spend the next dozen posts playing the "please provide documentation" game., and it's Monday - I'm just not in the mood.
    I'm not asking for proof. I'm asking how you went from 12 examples that in your opinion shows a "you talking to me", to hundred of millions of carriers being the same. So until you provide hundred of millions of examples, I have another theory on why you believe there are "way more."

It comes up frequently in forums, it's called projection. You think you are young enough to talk shlt, so you project everyone is the same as you, to justify your mindset. Sorry it doesn't work like that, your shlt attitude is wrong if you are going to be carrying any weapon, and projecting your failure in others doesn't make it any better.

Now if you were to offer say - ONE counter example - you know, like where some CC holder's actions somehow actually contributed something positive to the tribe.......
    First, you completely missed my point.
    Second, one example will do nothing to change your shlt attitude, or your projecting that way more people have the same. But here your go: http://www.kgw.com/story/news/2014/07/24/12405148/

It's hardly a new attitude in this country.

I suspect there were way more of them as far back as when we first stepped foot off the boats.

It's an American thing, and as far as I can tell - it always has been.

That is unless you have some OTHER explaination as to why we consistently off each other in such record numbers?
    It's a human thing to kill one another, for many reasons. Why is it record numbers now? Because there are more people in the world today. In ten years, it will be record breaking too.

Since I've never been terrified of the world and everything in it, I have the completely wrong mindset to ever feel a NEED to carry a weapon - despite the fact that I am the proud owner of several.

But I appreciate your concern none the less.
    You owning guns means nothing...Feinstein owns guns, Bloomberg owns guns...and?

You don't even understand why you're mindset is wrong. It had nothing to do with being fearless, but the stupidity to think you are young enough to talk shlt. No one is young enough for that, as we never should be.

I notice you avoided the question as to how CC is somehow preferable to the obvious deterrent effects of open carry.
    Your logical fallacy is only dwarfed by your naivete. Of the dozen of us here, I am one that does not need to answer that question.

From what I can see, there's nothing in our CC to prohibit open carry - in fact here you don't even need CC to carry open.

My theory is that folks who CC do so for primarily two reasons - one that I mentioned before - they are hoping for a confrontation.

And the other being that whilst the world terrifies them to the point they feel the need to carry - it's not something they wish to share with the rest of us.

Now, perhaps it's my Catholic upbringing, but I am of the notion that if something brings you shame - you probably shouldn't be doing it.

What's your take?
    My take is you assume to much of others (hundred of millions of others) and their intents and reasoning.

I mean let's face it, LaPierre's "the only way to stop a bad guy with a gun" is just plain idiotic.

You aren't ANY safer carrying.

There were "good guys with guns" at Columbine and Virginia tech - and they were the first ones out of the building when the shooting started.

Why?

Because they were intelligent enough to know that a "bad guy with a gun" will KILL a "good guy with a gun" 99 times out of 100.

Take the Colorado theater.

I can't tell you how many CC Cowboys told me "If I had been there...."

Yeah, yeah if YOU had been there, you woulda dropped to the floor like everyone else did and crawled your ass to the exit.

I don't mean to pop anyone's Hollywood created bubble where the every day Joe kills 50 machine gun weilding terrorists with a 38 revolver, but the fact is, when you pit somebody who has no regard for human life - not even his own - against an average joe.... the average Joe is pretty much screwed, and most of them know it. (I've seen it first hand)
    So what is it, do people have a "you talking to me" attitude, or a "crawl across the floor in fear" attitude?

So here we are, with CC rights?

And out there are some bad guys who KNOW we have it.

Does ANYONE honestly believe the bad guy who means them harm is gonna give them any opportunity whatsoever to get to their weapon?

Pu-leeeese.

Not long ago in my "hood" we had a gal shot in the head whilst sitting in her car talking on a cell phone.

What was taken?

Her phone.

I suspect her family would rather her assailent had just put the gun to her head and demanded the phone - But why should he take that chance.... she may have been packing.

Tennesse passed CC because at the time Memphis was the US capitol for car jackings.

CC reduced those car jacking stats, bumping Detroit into the number one spot.

That's because when a jacker creeps up on you at a stoplight, shoots you in the head and drags your body out, rather that demanding you get out of the car - it's no longer a car jacking - it's a homocide..

Me?

I'd rather go home on foot and get another car.
    It's hard to call this deflection, since I don't think you understand the points being debated.

So don't waste your breath telling me that your fear driven need to CC has no ill effect on the rest of us, because it does.

If you're all that afraid of this mean old world then do us a favor... stay home with a shotgun on your lap.

Let the rest of us live our lives.
    You need more than 2 posts to have any kind of educated judgement of others here. Until then, I'd be careful because the heel of the foot that is in your mouth, is closing in on your rectum.

Sent from my D6616 using USA Carry mobile app
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Why Do You Carry Concealed?

I have learned that whenever I provide an example that isn't world-wide news - I spend the next dozen posts playing the "please provide documentation" game., and it's Monday - I'm just not in the mood.

Now if you were to offer say - ONE counter example - you know, like where some CC holder's actions somehow actually contributed something positive to the tribe.......

It's hardly a new attitude in this country.

I suspect there were way more of them as far back as when we first stepped foot off the boats.

It's an American thing, and as far as I can tell - it always has been.

That is unless you have some OTHER explaination as to why we consistently off each other in such record numbers?

Since I've never been terrified of the world and everything in it, I have the completely wrong mindset to ever feel a NEED to carry a weapon - despite the fact that I am the proud owner of several.

But I appreciate your concern none the less.

I notice you avoided the question as to how CC is somehow preferable to the obvious deterrent effects of open carry.

From what I can see, there's nothing in our CC to prohibit open carry - in fact here you don't even need CC to carry open.

My theory is that folks who CC do so for primarily two reasons - one that I mentioned before - they are hoping for a confrontation.

And the other being that whilst the world terrifies them to the point they feel the need to carry - it's not something they wish to share with the rest of us.

Now, perhaps it's my Catholic upbringing, but I am of the notion that if something brings you shame - you probably shouldn't be doing it.

What's your take?

I mean let's face it, LaPierre's "the only way to stop a bad guy with a gun" is just plain idiotic.

You aren't ANY safer carrying.

There were "good guys with guns" at Columbine and Virginia tech - and they were the first ones out of the building when the shooting started.

Why?

Because they were intelligent enough to know that a "bad guy with a gun" will KILL a "good guy with a gun" 99 times out of 100.

Take the Colorado theater.

I can't tell you how many CC Cowboys told me "If I had been there...."

Yeah, yeah if YOU had been there, you woulda dropped to the floor like everyone else did and crawled your ass to the exit.

I don't mean to pop anyone's Hollywood created bubble where the every day Joe kills 50 machine gun weilding terrorists with a 38 revolver, but the fact is, when you pit somebody who has no regard for human life - not even his own - against an average joe.... the average Joe is pretty much screwed, and most of them know it. (I've seen it first hand)

So here we are, with CC rights?

And out there are some bad guys who KNOW we have it.

Does ANYONE honestly believe the bad guy who means them harm is gonna give them any opportunity whatsoever to get to their weapon?

Pu-leeeese.

Not long ago in my "hood" we had a gal shot in the head whilst sitting in her car talking on a cell phone.

What was taken?

Her phone.

I suspect her family would rather her assailent had just put the gun to her head and demanded the phone - But why should he take that chance.... she may have been packing.

Tennesse passed CC because at the time Memphis was the US capitol for car jackings.

CC reduced those car jacking stats, bumping Detroit into the number one spot.

That's because when a jacker creeps up on you at a stoplight, shoots you in the head and drags your body out, rather that demanding you get out of the car - it's no longer a car jacking - it's a homocide..

Me?

I'd rather go home on foot and get another car.

So don't waste your breath telling me that your fear driven need to CC has no ill effect on the rest of us, because it does.

If you're all that afraid of this mean old world then do us a favor... stay home with a shotgun on your lap.

Let the rest of us live our lives.
    It's mind sets like yours that just go to show....
    Some people never graduated grammar school...
    Grow a pair, put on your big girl panties and deal with it...

4. I do it to protect and preserve the life of my family and myself against the many deadly threats that exist in our society.

Also, one of my best friends was brutally murdered back in 2011 at the age of 21. After my friend tried to defend himself from being robbed, he was stabbed 13 times. If he had he been armed himself, he would more than likely still be here today to watch his son grow up.

crossbreed

Quote Originally Posted by glassham View Post
    I like your post erpmontana! I carry for the same reason and to keep my wife safe as well as anyone else at the time of need. My wife was going to get her CCW, but found out she could not handle a pistol due to Arthur in her hands. She'll out shoot most men with a rifle or shotgun though. People tend to look at you kind of funny carrying a long gun, so CCW is the answer to that. I carry a S&W SD9VE in an Alien Gear IWC. I think I'll look for another with a full kydex wrap. The half kydex allows the holster to collapse after wearing for a while and makes drawing slightly difficult, but re-holstering very hard at times. If I keep my belt loose enough to prevent this, it feels like its going to pull my pants down. Which means you're always checking or lifting it. Not good for CCW especially in a crowded location.
    I have a cross-border iwb for the sd9ve but no 9ve. Very impressive holster for you. You may want to check them out.

6. I have conceal carry because I want to be legal for #1, getting my permit also gets me and keeps me involved with learning from different points of views on everything concerning guns and laws.

And right now just the safer feeling I have with the events in Ferguson about ready to blow up.

Malibu / St. Louis

I'm asking how you went from 12 examples that in your opinion shows a "you talking to me", to hundred of millions of carriers being the same.
    Hundreds of millions, huh?

In a country of just over 300 million?

That would be a neat trick.

You think you are young enough to talk shlt, so you project everyone is the same as you, to justify your mindset.
    Yet oddly enough, it's you who insists that 2/3's of this country shares your need to carry.

But here your go:
    Outstanding.

I propose that even CC folks will run and hide when shooting starts, and to challenge this - you provide an example of a CC guy who ran and hid when the shooting started.

It's a human thing to kill one another, for many reasons. Why is it record numbers now? Because there are more people in the world today. In ten years, it will be record breaking too.
    So America has more "humans" than any other country?

Since this is the "USACARRY" board, let's assume we're talking about America.

So I'll ask again - why are WE offing each other in record numbers, as opposed to those other humans out there.

If you simply don't have an answer - I understand completely.

There's really no need for you to pretend the question is beneath you - that just looks silly.

Of the dozen of us here, I am one that does not need to answer that question.
    See what I mean,.... it just looks silly.

You owning guns means nothing.
    I think to a rational person it would tend to indicate I believe in the right to own guns.

You don't even understand why you're mindset is wrong.
    This should be stunning.

It had nothing to do with being fearless, but the stupidity to think you are young enough to talk shlt.
    Once again you are more than a little confused.

I don't CC because I don't feel the need to talk shlt.

If a guy is texting in a theater,... If some kids are blasting rap in a public parking lot, I ignore them.

Your logical fallacy is only dwarfed by your naivete.
    Says the poster who challenged said logic by posting an example which supports it.

My take is you assume to much of others (hundred of millions of others) and their intents and reasoning.
    Well, at least I don't incorrectly assume there are hundreds of millions of them.

So what is it, do people have a "you talking to me" attitude, or a "crawl across the floor in fear" attitude?
    As we have seen again and again, that depends on whether or not the person they are confronting is armed or not.

In case you missed it, Bickel first asked the pimp if he had a gun before he shot him.

That's kind of the point - and why I used that particular reference.

It's hard to call this deflection, since I don't think you understand the points being debated.
    I don't see any debate at all.

So far, you have avoided questions you had no answer to, you have presented numbers that are completely insane, and provided the story a CC guy who was to afraid to kill a shooter, as an example of how effective CC is against crime.

You aren't very good at this sort of thing, are you?

You need more than 2 posts to have any kind of educated judgement of others here.
    Not really.

For example, I only needed two of your posts to confirm that you aren't capable of anything that even resembles a rational debate of this issue.

It's mind sets like yours that just go to show....
    Some people never graduated grammar school...
    Mindsets is one word, Einstein.

Grow a pair, put on your big girl panties and deal with it...
    .... Cried the coward with a gun.

And right now just the safer feeling I have with the events in Ferguson about ready to blow up.
    Maybe if Brown would have had CC, he could have defended himself against Wilson?

I do it to protect and preserve the life of my family and myself against the many deadly threats that exist in our society.
    You can do that with open carry.

If he had he been armed himself, he would more than likely still be here today to watch his son grow up.
    If he carried open, he more than likely wouldn't have been confronted in the first place.

Hundreds of millions, huh?

In a country of just over 300 million?

That would be a neat trick.
    316 million, with upwards of around 47% owning firearms. That's hundreds of millions. Even though fewer carry, your deflection is noted. This in no way supports your asinine assertion that way more people have a "you talking to me" attitude based off less than a dozen incidents.

Yet oddly enough, it's you who insists that 2/3's of this country shares your need to carry.
    What exactly is my need to carry? Feeling another troll response coming.

I propose that even CC folks will run and hide when shooting starts, and to challenge this - you provide an example of a CC guy who ran and hid when the shooting started.
    It seems you're young enough to talk shlt, but not old enough to comprehend the article.

Strike one, Meli neither had a "you taking to me" or "drop to the floor in fear" attitude, he stood behind a pillar and drew his weapon.

Strike two, he wasn't afraid to kill, he was aware of what was behind his target.

Strike three, after the shooter saw Meli, they both went for cover, where the shooter killed himself.

You're out, lost the ball game, better luck next time.

Since this is the "USACARRY" board, let's assume we're talking about America.

So I'll ask again - why are WE offing each other in record numbers, as opposed to those other humans out there.
    Maybe you didn't notice, but Americans are human like all the other humans in the world.

There are record number of Americans in America, each year it gets broken. How about not being so short sighted? Human history repeats itself, no matter what country is formed, or what weapon they use.

See what I mean,.... it just looks silly.
    My answer looks silly to the ignorant...very very ignorant.

I think to a rational person it would tend to indicate I believe in the right to own guns.
    Liberal mindset. No, you expect others to think that true, but it's not. It also has nothing to do with your foolhardy mindset, not your gun stance. You still don't understand though.

I don't CC because I don't feel the need to talk shlt.
    It doesn't matter how you carry, why you carry is wrong. I don't think an ego that thinks he is young enough to shlt talk can accept his failure.

I don't see any debate at all.
    Not surprising, you don't see a lot.

Not really.

For example, I only needed two of your posts to confirm that you aren't capable of anything that even resembles a rational debate of this issue.
    Yes really. You started with no clue, and haven't found one yet. Here's a hint, I don't conceal carry genius.

“One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

316 million, with upwards of around 47% owning firearms. That's hundreds of millions.
    No, it isn't.

First off, 47% of 316 isn't hundreds - not even using new math.

Second, the number you are looking for is around 34%.

You kinda just make it up as you go, don't ya?

It doesn't matter how you carry, why you carry is wrong.
    Since I don't carry at all, you seem more than a little confused again.

Strike one, Meli neither had a "you taking to me" or "drop to the floor in fear" attitude, he stood behind a pillar and drew his weapon.
    He ran and hid - just as I said.

By his own admission, he didn't even draw his weapon until he saw that Robert's gun had jammed.

And the fact is, the only witness to ever even claim Meli drew his weapon at all - is Meli.

Strike two, he wasn't afraid to kill, he was aware of what was behind his target.
    He was not only afraid to take the shot, he was afraid to tell Roberts to drop his weapon out loud for fear of giving up his position, and he ran like hell as soon as Roberts did spot him - KNOWING Roberts gun was jammed.

Like I said, your own example just proves my point - another carrier who ran in terror when confronted by someone else with a gun.

Strike three, after the shooter saw Meli, they both went for cover, where the shooter killed himself.
    You're an incredibly dishonest person, aren't you?

Roberts didn't run for cover, and Meli already HAD cover - Meli ran FROM his cover to escape as soon as Roberts spotted him.

After Meli bailed, Roberts took aim at a mall employee who had been outside cutting up boxes when all the shooting was going on, but his weapon was still jammed.

It was nearly fifteen minutes before he killed himself.

You're making a fool of yourself, and it's actually getting embarrassing to watch.

10. Because I'm a woman living in the 3rd most violent city in the US per capita. I want to protect myself and my loved ones.

No, it isn't.

First off, 47% of 316 isn't hundreds - not even using new math.

Second, the number you are looking for is around 34%.
    No, the number is closer to 47%. The sad part is, it could be 1% and your "way more" comment would still be wrong.

Since I don't carry at all...
    Thank God.

He ran and hid - just as I said.

By his own admission, he didn't even draw his weapon until he saw that Robert's gun had jammed.
    There is nothing wrong with running while holstered, and drawing while acquiring his target. Had he drawn, ran , and searched, he could of flagged innocent people.

And the fact is, the only witness to ever even claim Meli drew his weapon at all - is Meli.
    Multiple people say they saw him with his handgun out.

He was not only afraid to take the shot, he was afraid to tell Roberts to drop his weapon out loud for fear of giving up his position, and he ran like hell as soon as Roberts did spot him - KNOWING Roberts gun was jammed.

He wasn't afraid to take the shot, he knew it was too dangerous with people behind the target. He also had no obligation, nor is it prudent, to give the shooter a warning.

Roberts didn't run for cover, and Meli already HAD cover - Meli ran FROM his cover to escape as soon as Roberts spotted him.
    Your tactics represent what you would find from video games and Hollywood. Get off the x, keep moving to better positions, don't give them a warning, and shoot when the path is clear.

After Meli bailed, Roberts took aim at a mall employee who had been outside cutting up boxes when all the shooting was going on, but his weapon was still jammed.

It was nearly fifteen minutes before he killed himself.
    This ending the situation without another innocent person dying.

You can choke on some of these for a while.

http://m.townhall.com/tipsheet/heath...uston-n1667028

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2911219/posts

http://fox13now.com/2012/04/26/two-s...c-parking-lot/

http://nakedlaw.avvo.com/crime/8-hor...un-owners.html