Why Do You Carry Concealed? - Page 11
Page 11 of 139 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Do You Carry Concealed?

I carry a gun because Cops are too heavy and doughnuts cost more than bullets.
    Self defense, if you wait for the police all they will be able to do is draw that little chalk outline around your dead body.

Because a shotgun is too inconvenient to carry all the time.
    Better to perish in the struggle for freedom than live to see defeat. There ARE things to be feared more than death. The fyrd is a Constitutional imperative.

Why do you trust your life to a gun you should not trust at all

What are you doing trusting a gun that has FTF issues. If you have to pull the gun are you just going to hope you don't need to fire it.

5. I very much agree. Only 1 time since I have been carrying have I needed my gun. But.. when I did need it there was no time to find it, load it, and then move into action. It was go time right then. Fortunately the incident was rapidly deescalated and my firearm went back into hiding:-)

6. I carry everywhere. Not only is it my right to carry, being a legal law abiding citizen, but I do it to prevent being shot in the back like tattedupboy. But here's a couple of problems I see. 1-you carry all day long but if you don't pay attention to your surroundings you're screwed. 2-you carry, sometimes, but never practice. Trust me when I say the perps out there do practice. Go to the range in the middle of the day or weekend and you'll see the gangbangers there. They look stupid and can't hit crap, but they get good doing the spray and pray w/ their Tech -9's. 3- Legal to carry folks don't carry. You don't feel threatened, or it's not comfortable. There is a threat around every corner and there are so many choices for weapons and carry methods you can make it comfortable, stop being lazy and do your homework. Gear up America, the ---- hasn't it the fan yet but it's coming. You should also be practicing hand to hand in conjunction with CQB fire. You may need to block a close it attack w/ one hand and draw and fire w/ the other. It's not that hard. Train, train, train and be ready. Sorry for the rant, not really.

I carry because I don't want to have a 'what if' situation. What if I had the means to stop a violent robbery that was perpetrated upon me or my loved ones while I was there?
    What if I was able to stop a violent attack that I or mine had to endure? The list goes on & on.

If you think that you are safe because...let me tell you, I've had the occasion to talk with & listen to criminals & thugs. They know you feel safe & will seek you out wherever or whenever you feel your safest - because that makes their crime that much easier for them to commit. They want what they want & will sometimes do whatever it takes to get it.

It doesn't take a paranoid person to say, "I'm going to commit myself to learning about & training to carry a firearm". It only takes someone who wishes to prepare themselves, mentally, physically, & legally for the possibilities of what some people in this world may have in store for us.

I'll carry everywhere that will be legal to do so, including my home & on my property, because I never want to think about what I could have done differently after it's too late. I'm not giving up anything in trying to ensure that I'll have the opportunity to say "I love you" to my wife, or to hear it from her again.

I'll carry to be better prepared for that which may never happen, & be very happy if it never does.
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

I carry because my crystal ball isn't nearly as accurate as my glock!

Female 55 and have been carrying for almost 10 years now. Originally only got my permit b/c my husband had his. I now have more pistols than he does and I've taken more classes. ;-)
    NRA Member

I carry because it's my right to do so. Unfortunately my job does not allow for the carry while working, which is teaching teens how to drive. But in this case I am in a vehicle and can get away fast. Any other time I have my S&W 9VE with me.

I carry because I want to be able to defend myself in a encounter, and not just be helpless and become another statistic. I may be young but I try to think with a bigger mindset than most people my age.
    Sic vis pacem, para bellum

Page 11 of 139 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast