Why Do You Carry Concealed? - Page 110
Page 110 of 139 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 1390

Thread: Why Do You Carry Concealed?

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanGeisha View Post
    Because I'm a woman living in the 3rd most violent city in the US per capita. I want to protect myself and my loved ones.
    Thank you for joining in. Please ignore some of the in-fighting. Train, learn, carry, and help those around you when you can. Holidays coming up so drop off some canned food for those in need.

Why Do You Carry Concealed?

Quote Originally Posted by mojo risin View Post
    Since I don't carry at all, you seem more than a little confused again.
    Those are the only true words by you so far.....

Why Do You Carry Concealed?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1416644947.920479.jpg

No, the number is closer to 47%.
    Not that you're chronically wrong or anything, but here.... let me help you again.

The demographics and politics of gun-owning households | Pew Research Center

And lookie there - they even mention your 47% number:

White southerners are significantly more likely to have a gun at home (47%) than whites in other regions. But because blacks disproportionately live in the South and are only half as likely to have a gun at home as whites, the overall rate for the southern region falls to 38%.

Got that?

Even in a region where white ownership is highest - your 47% - that number is offset by those who don't own guns.

Give it up.

Pull your head out of Wayne Lapierre's ass, and have a breath of reality.

The sad part is, it could be 1% and your "way more" comment would still be wrong.
    No, the sad part is that you insisted there were hundreds of millions of carriers, when in reality there aren't even hundreds of millions of gun owners in this country.

Fewer who own handguns - fewer still who carry.

Pretty pathetic - but no real surprise.

Your ilk has never been able to offer an honest debate.

If you can't lie - you can't speak.

There is nothing wrong with running while holstered
    <yawn>

So now instead of touting his bravery as an example of how effective carry laws are against crime - you are justifying his complete failure to act as simple human nature.

Glad I could clear that up for you.

You're welcome, BTW.

Had he drawn, ran , and searched, he could of flagged innocent people.
    Had he drawn, ran, and searched,..... he could have found a safe position to fire from and stopped the shooter.

But he didn't.

He just ran - as most carriers do.

Multiple people say they saw him with his handgun out.
    I don't even mind calling you a liar of biblical proportions at this point.

He wasn't afraid to take the shot
    Yes,... he was.

(Is this where you try and justify his failure to act by reminding us that he was unlawfully carrying in the first place?)

he knew it was too dangerous with people behind the target.
    So instead of seeking a "safer" position to fire from - he just fled, leaving unarmed folks to fend for themselves.

Got it.

Your tactics represent what you would find from video games and Hollywood. Get off the x, keep moving to better positions, don't give them a warning, and shoot when the path is clear.
    Since I'm the one who pointed out that he SHOULD have gave a warning when he supposedly had the shooter in his sights - you look pretty stupid again.

But let's face it, he didn't offer a warning for obvious reasons - he didn't want to get shot.

"Shootin' a man ain't no easy thang - 'specially if the sumbich is shooting back,.... that'll just plain rattle some folks"

This ending the situation without another innocent person dying.
    No thanks to Meli - who like most carriers, ran for the hills when his own life was in danger.

I understand your pathetic need to find SOMETHING to support your cowardly stance on this issue, but you're wasting your time.

FOX news spent 6 months trying to make a story of heroism out of this - but learned that you can't polish a turd.

Meli was just another blow hard carrier, and his blatant failure to act proves my point.

Let's see if any of your other "examples" do the same, shall we?

Thankfully, some shoppers were able to distract Dudley long off for the owner of the store to retrieve his gun and defend himself.

So,... he wasn't carrying - concealed or otherwise.

When two masked men with guns broke into his home and pointed their weapons at one of the residents, Cody Buckler immediately took action. He retrieved his gun from upstairs and began shooting at the criminals.

Thankfully, 2 students were able to run to their cars, get their guns, and use their weapons to halt the rampage.

So,... they weren't carrying - concealed or otherwise.

When 69-year-old Ethel Jones heard her doors rattling at 3 a.m., she grabbed her gun from underneath the pillow next to her.

So,... she wasn't carrying - concealed or otherwise.

You're a joke.

Seriously.

I only hope you aren't representative of this board, because quite frankly I've gotten more compelling and intelligent arguments from my infants in defense of staying up past bedtime.

Americangeshia:

Because I'm a woman living in the 3rd most violent city in the US per capita. I want to protect myself and my loved ones.
    Understandable.

But why carry concealed?

There's little question that open carry is a FAR more effective deterrent.

I'm looking for serious answers to the question posed in this thread.

Does your local law prevent open carry?

Are you uncomfortable carrying open?

I don't need to know why people carry, I just want to know why people don't want others to know they're carrying?

The collective knowledge that a potential victim MIGHT be carrying is not a deterrent - this is a documented fact.

So let's say federal law allows you to open carry.

Is that not enough to protect your family?

Is carrying concealed important enough to you that you are willing to accept the many examples we are seeing of bullied punks who want payback, and walk around starting shlt HOPING to use their weapons?

Should we allow concealed carry EVERYWHERE as the NRA proposes?

If so, I don't want to take my family to ANY place where alcohol is served.

Is "stand your ground" our future - where you can kill someone who just SAYS they will kick your ass?

If that's the case, you can HAVE this failed experiment we call America.

And lookie there - they even mention your 47% number:
    http://www.gallup.com/poll/150353/se...hest-1993.aspx

Here, 47%...little old though right, 2011...

http://www.gallup.com/poll/1645/Guns.aspx

"lookie here", 42% with 2% having a gun insides garage, shop, car, etc.

Pull your head out of Wayne Lapierre's ass, and have a breath of reality.
    You really have no idea who I am. First think I conceal carry, now you think I am a member and fan of the NRA...can you do anything besides deflection and failure?

No, the sad part is that you insisted there were hundreds of millions of carriers, when in reality there aren't even hundreds of millions of gun owners in this country.

Fewer who own handguns - fewer still who carry.
    Can't argue the point, deflect deflect deflect.

So now instead of touting his bravery as an example of how effective carry laws are against crime - you are justifying his complete failure to act as simple human nature.
    I'm justifying his actions based on training, actual training, outside of a basement. Training Meli has as a professional armed guard.

I don't even mind calling you a liar of biblical proportions at this point.
    http://www.oregonlive.com/clackamasc...e_had_rob.html

"Authorities confirmed Monday that Meli was seen during the incident, gun drawn, near the entrance to Macy's inside the mall."

(Is this where you try and justify his failure to act by reminding us that he was unlawfully carrying in the first place?)
    (Is this where you try and deflect again?)

Since I'm the one who pointed out that he SHOULD have gave a warning when he supposedly had the shooter in his sights - you look pretty stupid again.
    He should not have given a warning. Period.

...(whining)...

Let's see if any of your other "examples" do the same, shall we?

Thankfully, some shoppers were able to distract Dudley long off for the owner of the store to retrieve his gun and defend himself.

When two masked men with guns broke into his home and pointed their weapons at one of the residents, Cody Buckler immediately took action. He retrieved his gun from upstairs and began shooting at the criminals.

Thankfully, 2 students were able to run to their cars, get their guns, and use their weapons to halt the rampage.

So,... they weren't carrying - concealed or otherwise.

When 69-year-old Ethel Jones heard her doors rattling at 3 a.m., she grabbed her gun from underneath the pillow next to her.

So,... she wasn't carrying - concealed or otherwise.

...(whining)...
    Pathetic. You asked for one. I gave you 9 instances of concealed carriers, that also mentioned 4 other instances where they weren't carrying. Even though you try and nit pick the instances, none of the gun owners had a "you talking to me" or "drop to the floor in fear" attitude, "way more" were concealed carrying. Don't let the truth get in your way through...keep deflecting and name calling, Alinsky would be proud of you.

Sent from my D6616 using USA Carry mobile app
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Dude...... Your "mojo" is definitely NOT "rising".. …...

Clown...

8. Quote Originally Posted by mojo risin View Post
    Should we allow concealed carry EVERYWHERE as the NRA proposes?

If so, I don't want to take my family to ANY place where alcohol is served.
    Really?!? Why, because the blood will flow if people carry where alcohol is served? Funny how it doesn't in any of the states such as Washington where people can open and conceal carry where alcohol is served (just not in a bar designated as 21 and over in Washington, where you can't take your family [kids] anyway. Heck, in Washington it's not illegal to consume alcohol and be armed. So, I guess you might want to stay out of Washington, and all these green states:

Restaurant Carry | OpenCarry.org

I'm afraid I must go back and like post #1092... and maybe you should go check out the Brady bunch and Moms Not Getting Enough Action forums - your views seem to be more common with theirs than ours here.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

http://youtu.be/W9eCrs_MXxo

sinful nature is always hostile to God....

Here, 47%...little old though right, 2011...

And that's a rational defense of your blatantly incorrect numbers?

Just go back and find a year where your numbers were correct?

Wow.

"lookie here", 42% with 2% having a gun insides garage, shop, car, etc.
    It's really not that complicated.

YOU said several times that there were "hundreds of millions of carriers" in the US.

YOU weren't even close.

And YOU are too pathetic to simply acknowledge this.

You really have no idea who I am.
    Sure I do.

Your a guy who tries to defend your position by babbling out a bunch of ridiculous numbers - then makes a total ass of yourself when you get called on them - rather than simply admitting you don't have a clue.

Can you do anything besides deflection and failure?
    I can point out to the folks here just how incredibly dishonest you are.

Can't argue the point, deflect deflect deflect.
    There is nothing to argue - you were flat out making shlt up, there's not even any question about that.

Since then, it's been YOU deflecting - no real surprise there.

I'm justifying his actions based on training, actual training, outside of a basement.
    Except you are justifying his inaction - whilst somehow still insisting he stopped the shooting.

You can't even confirm his claim that he TOOK any action - beyond running away in terror.

Authorities confirmed Monday that Meli was seen during the incident, gun drawn, near the entrance to Macy's inside the mall.
    I don't know how to break this to you, but the Sheriff's office report has been public for over a year now.

Sheriff's Office completes investigation of shootings of Forsyth, Yuille and Shevchenko; written reports now available

In case you're still confused, this is where you either show us this "confirmation by authorities", or admit that you have no idea as to whether or not Meli ever drew his weapon.

Training Meli has as a professional armed guard.
    You mean like where they told the rules about CC in a gun free zone?

Is this where you try and deflect again?
    It's not ME ignoring the fact that Meli was carrying unlawfully.

It's not ME ignoring the fact that Meli doesn't even know if the shooter saw him.

It's not ME ignoring the fact that the shooter didn't turn the gun on himself until fifteen minutes after Meli was long gone.

It's not ME ignoring the fact that Meli claims he only heard 3 shots before he bailed, when the shooter fired 17.

It's just YOU,..... making a complete fool of yourself.

He should not have given a warning. Period.
    You bet - Roberts was carrying a gun,... Meli might have gotten shot!

Better to run like a coward, and let all those unarmed folks fend for themselves.

Of course pointing out what Meli actually did, shreds your silly argument to ribbons.

And we damn sure know you can't deal with that, don't we?

Pathetic. You asked for one. I gave you 9 instances of concealed carriers
    You're lying again.

Seems to be quite a habit with you.

I'll make it real simple for you - you don't even need to provide confirmation of your ridiculous "sources".

Just go back to your links and name a single CC holder who stopped a crime in any of your "9 examples".

I'll wait right here.

Even though you try and nit pick the instances
    There's no nit-picking to it.

Your "instances" are a joke.

You desperately search for a valid example, and each one is more ridiculous than the last.

What's next?

Your cousin's wife's brother in law once worked with a guy who heard about another guy who knew somebody who saw a CC stop a crime?

Really?!? Why, because the blood will flow if people carry where alcohol is served?
    Why on earth would anyone think that?

Concealed weapon permit holder injures woman in Orlando bar - Orlando Sentinel

2 hurt in accidental shooting at south Wichita bar

Grand jury indicts Broad Ripple shooter Tristan Crayton - TheIndyChannel.com

Kinda looks like CC and liquor are a match made in heaven, huh?