Why Do You Carry Concealed? - Page 111
Page 111 of 139 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1390

Thread: Why Do You Carry Concealed?

1. Quote Originally Posted by mojo risin View Post
    Why on earth would anyone think that?

Concealed weapon permit holder fires shot inside Orlando sports bar, injuring one

Concealed weapon permit holder injures woman in Orlando bar - Orlando Sentinel

2 hurt in accidental shooting at south Wichita bar

2 hurt in accidental shooting at south Wichita bar

Grand jury indicts Broad Ripple shooter Tristan Crayton

Grand jury indicts Broad Ripple shooter Tristan Crayton - TheIndyChannel.com

Kinda looks like CC and liquor are a match made in heaven, huh?
    So, what you stated was, "Should we allow concealed carry EVERYWHERE as the NRA proposes?

If so, I don't want to take my family to ANY place where alcohol is served."

Louisiana is the only state where firearms are completely prohibited by law anywhere alcohol is served. So, unless you live in Louisiana that means that you don't want to take your family ANY place where alcohol is served in any of the other 49 states? You do understand that you are more likely to be killed by a drunk driver or driver under the influence on the way to the restaurant than killed by a person under the influence of alcohol with a gun, right?

Upon further research it looks like LA now allows firearms in restaurants where alcohol is served, so I guess you aren't safe in Applebee's in Louisiana any longer either. But at least I know I shouldn't ever run into you in most of the places where my family and I dine out.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by mojo risin View Post

*Whining and deflection*

You can't even confirm his claim that he TOOK any action - beyond running away in terror.

I don't know how to break this to you, but the Sheriff's office report has been public for over a year now.

Sheriff's Office completes investigation of shootings of Forsyth, Yuille and Shevchenko; written reports now available

In case you're still confused, this is where you either show us this "confirmation by authorities", or admit that you have no idea as to whether or not Meli ever drew his weapon.
    http://www.oregonlive.com/clackamasc...ooting_84.html

4 reports, and surveillance show Meli acted and drew his gun.

Quote Originally Posted by mojo risin View Post
    You mean like where they told the rules about CC in a gun free zone?

It's not ME ignoring the fact that Meli was carrying unlawfully.

*Whining and deflection*
    Not only are you deflecting, your wrong about oregon law. Malls and no gun signs have no legal authority. Places that are described as prohibited places in ORS, have an exemption for CHL holder's.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...rIqBTpJ5UbTbOg

No doubt, you will ignore this, like you ignored all the other cc stories. Every post shows how true #1092 is.

Sent from my D6616 using USA Carry mobile app
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    So, what you stated was, "Should we allow concealed carry EVERYWHERE as the NRA proposes?

Louisiana is the only state where firearms are completely prohibited by law anywhere alcohol is served. So, unless you live in Louisiana that means that you don't want to take your family ANY place where alcohol is served in any of the other 49 states? You do understand that you are more likely to be killed by a drunk driver or driver under the influence on the way to the restaurant than killed by a person under the influence of alcohol with a gun, right?

Upon further research it looks like LA now allows firearms in restaurants where alcohol is served, so I guess you aren't safe in Applebee's in Louisiana any longer either. But at least I know I shouldn't ever run into you in most of the places where my family and I dine out.
    Three examples in his mind mean way more of the carriers in the United States that don't mind having a glass of wine at dinner end up shooting someone...I mean...he has three whole examples...THREE!!

Sent from my D6616 using USA Carry mobile app
    Attached Images Attached Images Why Do You Carry Concealed?-1416808363786.jpg 
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

I mean...he has three whole examples...THREE!!
    No luck on any of those names yet, huh?

Why am I not surprised?

So the only example you can name is a CC who fled when confronted by a shooter.

Outstanding.

You do understand that you are more likely to be killed by a drunk driver or driver under the influence on the way to the restaurant than killed by a person under the influence of alcohol with a gun, right?
    Wow,.... they should consider making that illegal, huh?

Sounds a little dangerous to me.

Nah,... that would unfairly punish those who drink and drive without ever killing anyone.

7. Quote Originally Posted by mojo risin View Post
    Wow,.... they should consider making that illegal, huh?

Sounds a little dangerous to me.

Nah,... that would unfairly punish those who drink and drive without ever killing anyone.
    Not even close. You see, the problem is that you cannot distinguish the difference between possessing an object and using that object in a negligent manner. You stated, "Should we allow concealed carry EVERYWHERE as the NRA proposes?

And you even capitalized ANY. You are much more likely to be killed by a drunk driver. So, if we apply your same fear of people possessing firearms where alcohol is served - than you should be much more afraid of the people who are in possession of car keys where alcohol is served, especially if, OMG, they are consuming alcohol with car keys in their pocket! Oh, the horrors of it! You seem to be perfectly fine with the limit of it being illegal for a person to DRIVE under the influence being illegal rather than possession of keys to the car, but yet you are in fear when the same limitation is placed on the USE of a firearm rather than the POSSESSION of a firearm.

You would receive a much more warm welcome associating more with other people who are also afraid of people carrying guns rather than hanging around here.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Not even close.
    This should be stunning.

the problem is that you cannot distinguish the difference between possessing an object and using that object in a negligent manner.
    Really?

Smith drew the .45-caliber Kimber pistol show its safety features to a friend when he fired it into the floor, a report stated.

Doesn't look like Smith was "using" his weapon?

he accidentally discharged his handgun while at the bar. The bullet went through his right thigh and into the left thigh of the other man seated beside him.

Doesn't look like the Wichita guy was "using" his either?

"He had the gun is his pocket, and I don't know how he shot himself but the gun went off," said Ellen Smith, who was inside when it happened. "He shot himself through his hand and his thigh and the bullet went through his leg and shot his friend's foot.

Nope - apparently Cassata wasn't "using" his either.

Kentucky CCW shot in the leg when gun falls from toilet paper dispenser in restaurant bathroom.

Hmmm,.... that's odd?

It's almost as if these folks were possessing an object in a negligent manner.

you should be much more afraid of the people who are in possession of car keys where alcohol is served, especially if, OMG, they are consuming alcohol with car keys in their pocket! Oh, the horrors of it!
    Yes of course - the accidental discharge of a key in a crowded restaurant poses a pretty serious threat in today's society,... something must be done.

You would receive a much more warm welcome associating more with other people who are also afraid of people carrying guns rather than hanging around here.
    I'm not particularly interested in a "warm welcome" from anyone who believes the 2nd amendment should extend to folks who are intoxicated.

I just enjoy pointing out that the mentality does exist.

9. Quote Originally Posted by mojo risin View Post
    This should be stunning.

Really?

Smith drew the .45-caliber Kimber pistol show its safety features to a friend when he fired it into the floor, a report stated.

Doesn't look like Smith was "using" his weapon?

he accidentally discharged his handgun while at the bar. The bullet went through his right thigh and into the left thigh of the other man seated beside him.

Doesn't look like the Wichita guy was "using" his either?

"He had the gun is his pocket, and I don't know how he shot himself but the gun went off," said Ellen Smith, who was inside when it happened. "He shot himself through his hand and his thigh and the bullet went through his leg and shot his friend's foot.

Nope - apparently Cassata wasn't "using" his either.

Kentucky CCW shot in the leg when gun falls from toilet paper dispenser in restaurant bathroom.

Hmmm,.... that's odd?

It's almost as if these folks were possessing an object in a negligent manner.

Yes of course, the accidental discharge of a key is a pretty serious threat in today's society,... something must be done.

I'm not particularly interested in a "warm welcome" from anyone who believes the 2nd amendment should extend to folks who are intoxicated.

I just enjoy pointing out that the mentality does exist.
    What is absolutely stunning is the utter stupidity of your arguments. I know I am wasting time and internet bandwidth to reply directly to you, but the door is just so wide open to expose the stupidity of your reasoning that I just can't resist going through it...

My gun (and every gun) has just as much chance of discharging by itself, with no human manipulation of it, whether I am sitting in McDonalds where no alcohol is served or sitting in Applebees where both alcohol is served and guns are allowed be carried. My car (and every car) has just as much chance of driving itself away and injuring someone, with no human manipulation of it, whether it is parked in McDonald's parking lot or Applebees parking lot. Historical statistics clearly show that you are much more likely to be injured by a person who has negligently used their car keys under the influence of alcohol to operate a motor vehicle anywhere you happen to be in public than you are to be injured by a person negligently handling their firearm where alcohol is served. Yet you remain so afraid of the presence of a firearm in a place where alcohol is served that you claim, "Should we allow concealed carry EVERYWHERE as the NRA proposes? If so, I don't want to take my family to ANY place where alcohol is served." but you seem to have no issue with taking your family to ANY place where alcohol is served and people are allowed to possess car keys. Therefore, logic shows that you should be MORE afraid just driving to Applebees (or anywhere else) anywhere that allows car keys to be possessed in places that serve alcohol than afraid of a person with a gun in a holster in Applebees because the odds are much greater that the person possessing the car keys is going to use them negligently under the influence of alcohol to operate their vehicle - but if your emotional and irrational fear was based on logic it would not be emotional and irrational.

For every person that has negligently handled a firearm where alcohol was served there are thousands of people who have negligently handled car keys where alcohol was served.

However it is much easier to appease your irrational and emotional fears by passing gun control laws regulating the possession of a firearm than it is to pass vehicle control laws regulating the possession of the keys required to operate a vehicle because you have the support of all the others with irrational and emotional fears of people possessing firearms.

What is absolutely stunning is the utter stupidity of your arguments.
    Yet oddly it's you who claimed that a loaded handgun poses no more threat to patrons in a crowed place than a key.

Now THERE'S some utter stupidity.

I know I am wasting time and internet bandwidth to reply directly to you, but the door is just so wide open to expose the stupidity of your reasoning that I just can't resist going through it...
    Yes, I own you - we get it.

My gun (and every gun) has just as much chance of discharging by itself, with no human manipulation of it
    But that's certainly no reason to infringe on your pathetic need to take it to a public place where it could accidentally kill other patrons, huh?

Historical statistics clearly show that you are much more likely to be injured by a person who has negligently used their car keys under the influence of alcohol to operate a motor vehicle
    Not sitting in a crowded restaurant, they don't.

What part of this is tripping you up exactly?

but you seem to have no issue with taking your family to ANY place where alcohol is served and people are allowed to possess car keys.
    At the risk of being redundant - I never heard of a concealed key accidentally discharging and killing anyone.

logic shows that you should be MORE afraid just driving to Applebees
    Not a lot of folks driving around in concealed automobiles.

Makes the intoxicated ones a little easier to avoid.

Seems logic isn't exactly your strong suit.

For every person that has negligently handled a firearm where alcohol was served there are thousands of people who have negligently handled car keys where alcohol was served.
    The negligence of the key holder only occurs when they use it to operate a motor vehicle.

And oddly enough, that's also when it becomes illegal - you know, when you put the two together and they become dangerous.

In fact, it would appear there are indeed restrictions on simply operating a motor vehicle where alcohol is served.

I'm reasonably certain that bringing your car inside is against Applebee's company policy.

What do you make of this?

However it is much easier to appease your irrational and emotional fears by passing gun control laws regulating the possession of a firearm than it is to pass vehicle control laws regulating the possession of the keys required to operate a vehicle
    <sigh>

Let me help you with your incredibly stupid analogy.

A key is required to operate a motor vehicle in the same way than a bullet is required to operate a firearm.

Possession of a key in a bar is likely no more dangerous than possessing a bullet.

Only a total idiot would make the leap that the same is true of a loaded firearm.

Glad I could clear that up for you.

You're welcome BTW.

Never fails... we always get an Oprah follower "ban spoons cause it made Oprah fat" ; ( hey you are welcome to your opinion but "owning people" on an internet forum is... well..kind of wierd.

sinful nature is always hostile to God....