Why Do You Carry Concealed? - Page 112
Page 112 of 139 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 1390

Thread: Why Do You Carry Concealed?

  1. #1111
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Pasco, Washington, United States
    Posts
    6,271
    There is a new batch of trolls... Mojo is just another one.

    Sent from my D6616 using USA Carry mobile app
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

  2.   
  3. #1112
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    2,837

    Why Do You Carry Concealed?

    It was only a matter of time before USA Carry was infiltrated by Moms Demand Stuff...

    Mojo is a non gun owning anti gunner.

    I would not even be surprised to find out that mojo raisins is a high level clown from MDA.

    She doesn't carry, nor even own guns so why bother with her?

    This is definitely a case of do not feed the troll(s).

    Sorry Mo but you lose (again)...Why Do You Carry Concealed?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1416873244.568182.jpg

  4. #1113
    Never fails... we always get an Oprah follower "ban spoons cause it made Oprah fat"
    Well, let's see......

    My gun (and every gun) has just as much chance of discharging by itself, with no human manipulation of it

    Now, maybe it's just me, but I suspect it would be quite difficult to make an analogous comparison to eating utensils and obesity .

    Are you absolutely certain that you gave your response as much thought as you had intended?

    Mojo is a non gun owning anti gunner.
    I was going to say that I hate to call you a liar - but I don't really.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by mojo risin View Post
    But that's certainly no reason to infringe on your pathetic need to take it to a public place where it could accidentally kill other patrons, huh?
    Massacre Survivor Tells Senate: I?m Not a Victim of Guns, But of Lawmakers Who ?Legislated Me Out of the Right to Protect Myself and My Family? | Video | TheBlaze.com

    Most Notorious Murders in Your State Photo Gallery - Texas: Luby's Massacre - Crime Library

    IHOP Shooting: Multiple People Shot In Carson City, Nevada

    No, there's never any need to defend yourself with a gun in a restaurant, or theater, or school.

    And what happens when good people are there carrying guns?

    Open carry deters armed robbery in Kennesaw - Atlanta gun rights | Examiner.com

    Gun Owner Saves Lives In The Richmond VA Golden Market Shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by mojo risin View Post
    At the risk of being redundant - I never heard of a concealed key accidentally discharging and killing anyone.
    I've never heard of a concealed gun accidentally discharging by itself and killing anyone either, so we are even. When people die from guns discharging it is because a human has caused the trigger to be pulled all the way to the rear. The human is responsible for the death, just like the impaired human driver is responsible for the death in a car wreck.

    Quote Originally Posted by mojo risin View Post
    Not a lot of folks driving around in concealed automobiles.
    Makes the intoxicated ones a little easier to avoid.
    Seems logic isn't exactly your strong suit.
    The negligence of the key holder only occurs when they use it to operate a motor vehicle.
    And oddly enough, that's also when it becomes illegal - you know, when you put the two together and they become dangerous.
    In fact, it would appear there are indeed restrictions on simply operating a motor vehicle where alcohol is served.
    I'm reasonably certain that bringing your car inside is against Applebee's company policy.
    What do you make of this?
    Impaired Driving: Get the Facts | Motor Vehicle Safety | CDC Injury Center

    "Every day, almost 30 people in the United States die in motor vehicle crashes that involve an alcohol-impaired driver. This amounts to one death every 51 minutes. The annual cost of alcohol-related crashes totals more than $59 billion."

    How well is it working to prohibit operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated? Your answer to the extremely few firearms related injuries that occur where alcohol is served is to either prohibit firearms where alcohol is served or not take your family ANYwhere that alcohol is served and firearms are permitted to be carried. Hmmmm..... let's see where this goes....

    Quote Originally Posted by mojo risin View Post
    <sigh>

    Let me help you with your incredibly stupid analogy.
    A key is required to operate a motor vehicle in the same way than a bullet is required to operate a firearm.
    Possession of a key in a bar is likely no more dangerous than possessing a bullet.
    Only a total idiot would make the leap that the same is true of a loaded firearm.

    Glad I could clear that up for you.

    You're welcome BTW.
    Every 51 minutes someone dies because a person operating a motor vehicle had access to both the keys to the car and alcohol at the same time. Keep the keys to the car away from the drinking and they can't use them to operate the vehicle. So, you claim that in order to be safe from firearms injuries or deaths in a place that serves alcohol we must either prohibit guns in those places or you need to not take your family ANYwhere that serves alcohol and permits guns to be carried. That's great. So you eat your dinner peacefully knowing there is a no guns sign on the door of the restaurant where people are drinking. Well, genius, what is there in place to keep you safe when you leave that restaurant and drive on the highways where someone dies due to an alcohol impaired driver every 51 minutes? Hmmm.....? Since every driver who drives while impaired by alcohol had to have access to both keys to the car and alcohol at the same time it would seem to me that possessing keys at the same location where alcohol is available must be the root or source of the problem.

    So, genius, to break this down to it's simplest terms - you fear the guy with the gun in the restaurant in the immediate area of the restaurant, but you have no fear of the same guy with keys in his pocket. The reality is, sure, if he doesn't have a gun there is no chance that he will kill you or injure you inside the restaurant with a gun. On that we can agree. Instead historical statistics show that even if he did have a gun - he is hundreds of times more likely going to get you on the highway on the way home anyway - all because he had access to car keys and alcohol at the same time. But that's perfectly OK for you because he isn't going to kill anyone inside the restaurant with his keys. So, according to your solutions, let's either require everyone entering an establishment that serves alcohol to give up their keys upon entry and only when the pass a breathalyzer test on the way out can they have them back - or else you need to keep your family off ANY road where there might be a impaired driver.

    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesMorrison View Post
    Mojo is a non gun owning anti gunner.
    I must disagree with you CM. Mojo is a gun owner who is against people carrying guns in public for protection. To me that is much worse than a non gun owning anti gunner.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

  6. #1115
    And what happens when good people are there carrying guns?
    Like perhaps these "good people"?

    Michael Dewayne Bowman of Georgia
    Jason Kenneth Hamilton of Idaho
    Michael Hrnciar of Indiana
    Shawn Bryan of New York
    Ashford Thompson of Ohio
    Richard Poplawski of Pennsylvania
    Christina Korbe of Pennsylvania
    Michael Donovan Oswald of South Carolina
    Randy Gilbert Newberry of Virginia

    Google them up, and tell us how much safer they made the world.

    And those are just CC's who murdered cops.

    Since there have been over 670 people murdered by CC's in the last 7 years, it may be time for you to reconsider what constitutes "good people" in your mind, because CC permits don't get it.

    I've never heard of a concealed gun accidentally discharging by itself and killing anyone either, so we are even.
    Just kinda making it up as you go, huh?

    When people die from guns discharging it is become a human has caused the trigger to be pulled all the way to the rear.
    You are horribly incorrect.

    In fact, I recently disposed of a Titan .25 automatic because it would randomly empty the clip simply by releasing the slide to chamber a cartridge.

    How well is it working to prohibit operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated?
    As opposed to issuing permits and encouraging it?

    You can't be that stupid.

    Your answer to the extremely few firearms related injuries that occur where alcohol is served is to either prohibit firearms where alcohol is served or not take your family ANYwhere that alcohol is served and firearms are permitted to be carried. Hmmmm..... let's see where this goes....
    We are already seeing it.

    Whilst you have the right to bear arms, I have the right to prohibit you from bearing them on my property.

    And as I'm sure you probably already know, more and more business owners are exercising that right.

    Now you can cry and whine and threaten to take your business elsewhere - but it has done nothing to stem the tide so far.

    Every 51 minutes someone dies because a person operating a motor vehicle had access to both the keys to the car and alcohol at the same time.
    Not inside restaurants.

    Did you have a point yet?

    So, genius, to break this down to it's simplest terms
    I can hardly wait.

    The reality is, sure, if he doesn't have a gun there is no chance that he will kill you or injure you inside the restaurant with a gun.
    Wow you're right - those are the simplest terms!

    And again, I'm glad I could clear that up for you.

    Instead historical statistics show that even if he did have a gun - he is hundreds of times more likely going to get you on the highway on the way home anyway - all because he had access to car keys and alcohol at the same time.
    I'm hundreds of times more likely to get bit by a rattlesnake in the woods, than I am in a restaurant.

    You want to explain to me how this fact somehow justifies you bringing a rattlesnake into a restaurant?

    Is it like a "good rattlesnake vs bad rattlesnake" thing?

    Mojo is a gun owner who is against people carrying guns in public for protection.
    Here's why rational people laugh at folks like you and your silly arguments.

    You babble on and on about how much more likely we are to be killed on the open road than we are in public places - yet those SAME public places are so dangerous that you need to carry a loaded gun for protection.

    Do you really expect anyone to take you seriously?

  7. Quote Originally Posted by mojo risin View Post
    Like perhaps these "good people"?

    Michael Dewayne Bowman of Georgia
    Jason Kenneth Hamilton of Idaho
    Michael Hrnciar of Indiana
    Shawn Bryan of New York
    Ashford Thompson of Ohio
    Richard Poplawski of Pennsylvania
    Christina Korbe of Pennsylvania
    Michael Donovan Oswald of South Carolina
    Randy Gilbert Newberry of Virginia

    Google them up, and tell us how much safer they made the world.

    And those are just CC's who murdered cops.

    Since there have been over 670 people murdered by CC's in the last 7 years, it may be time for you to reconsider what constitutes "good people" in your mind, because CC permits don't get it.
    So what do you do to protect yourself from the evil concealed carry permit people committing murder and mayhem, practice quick draw on your cell phone, dialing 911 and hoping the police will come fast enough to save you?
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

  8. #1117
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    2,837
    Don't even bother with mojo raisins ....

    The stench of Brady Troll is over powering....

    Why Do You Carry Concealed?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1416900733.816415.jpg

  9. Quote Originally Posted by mojo risin View Post
    In fact, I recently disposed of a Titan .25 automatic because it would randomly empty the clip simply by releasing the slide to chamber a cartridge.
    So, what you are saying is that we need to keep guns out of restaurants and crowded public places in order to protect us from guns like yours that are already illegal to possess anywhere? Typical anti-gun thinking - the prohibitive laws that we already have are never enough for you, in your case you won't stop until it's illegal to carry guns in public period and nobody except the police will have the ability to defend themselves against the criminals who will still have their guns, you know, because police officers' lives are so much more worth defending than us common Joe Citizens.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

  10. #1119
    So, what you are saying is that we need to keep guns out of restaurants and crowded public places in order to protect us from guns like yours that are already illegal to possess anywhere?
    I don't know how to break this to you, but like my other firearms my Titan was registered - there was nothing illegal about it.

    Typical anti-gun thinking - the prohibitive laws that we already have are never enough for you, in your case you won't stop until it's illegal to carry guns in public period
    <yawn>

    Let me help you again.

    A straw man is a common type of argument and is an informal fallacy based on the misrepresentation of an opponent's argument. To be successful, a straw man argument requires that the audience be ignorant or uninformed of the original argument.
    The so-called typical "attacking a straw man" argument creates the illusion of having completely refuted or defeated an opponent's proposition by covertly replacing it with a different proposition (i.e., "stand up a straw man") and then to refute or defeat that false argument ("knock down a straw man") instead of the original proposition.


    See, I'm actually starting to feel sorry for you.

    And while I realize you have the requisite ignorant and uninformed audience - as Chuck clearly illustrates - I'd rather you not embarrass yourself any further by employing a tactic that most rational folks consider an incredible sign of weakness.

    Having read some of your other posts, I know you are capable of articulate discussion - don't blow it by playing silly games.

    Oh, and Chuck...

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._United_States

    What a dolt.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by mojo risin View Post
    I don't know how to break this to you, but like my other firearms my Titan was registered - there was nothing illegal about it.
    You mean registered as a machine gun? Before 1986 when the Federal government closed the machine gun registry? It is better that people think you to be a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

    Quote Originally Posted by mojo risin View Post
    In fact, I recently disposed of a Titan .25 automatic because it would randomly empty the clip simply by releasing the slide to chamber a cartridge.
    You see, your Titan .25 became a machinegun the first time it fired more than 1 round with a single action of the trigger:

    26 U.S. Code § 5845 - Definitions | LII / Legal Information Institute

    "(b) Machinegun
    The term “machinegun” means any weapon which shoots, is designed to shoot, or can be readily restored to shoot, automatically more than one shot, without manual reloading, by a single function of the trigger."

    Therefore, the first time your Titan fired more than 1 round by a single function of the trigger in your presence you knowingly came into possession of an unregistered machinegun in violation of the National Firearms Act of 1934.

    David Olofson got 30 months in the slammer when he transferred his "unregistered machinegun", an AR-15 that also malfunctioned and fired more than 1 round with a single action of the trigger:
    Prison term for ?broken gun? case ends
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast