Why Do You Carry Concealed? - Page 113
Page 113 of 139 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 1390

Thread: Why Do You Carry Concealed?

The more MoJo posts the more he shows his lack of knowledge on guns. IF he does own a gun I doubt that it is legal! I question his post about his Titan! How many times did it empty it's "clip"?? Before he got rid of it!

Interesting of his use of words about guns! To save band width we should all put him on our "Ignore List"!!

3. Quote Originally Posted by vernsimpson View Post
    To save band width we should all put him on our "Ignore List"!!
    I tried that with a couple other people but I could not resist peeking at what stupidity was in the ignored posts so I gave up on it. The fact that he lives in one of the few places where gun registration is even possible explains why he is so afraid of people carrying guns in public - he is just a mindless product of his environment.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    I tried that with a couple other people but I could not resist peeking at what stupidity was in the ignored posts so I gave up on it. The fact that he lives in one of the few places where gun registration is even possible explains why he is so afraid of people carrying guns in public - he is just a mindless product of his environment.
    Perhaps he does have one point. My truck empties the gas tank when I turn the key in the ignition! So perhaps I should get rid of it!!!!

you see, your Titan .25 became a machinegun the first time it fired more than 1 round with a single action of the trigger:
    Since It fired full auto without a single action of the trigger, it failed to meet your definition.

When you were able to chamber a cartridge without it firing on it's own, it functioned normally.

I chose to dispose of it because it was unsafe - not illegal.

Anything else I can help you with?

The fact that he lives in one of the few places where gun registration is even possible explains why he is so afraid of people carrying guns in public
    Since you are the one who fears public places without being armed - it would appear you are once again confused about just who's afraid of people with guns.

No real surprise there.

Not that having to strap on your courage before you leave home makes you less of a man or anything - I just don't personally feel the need.

6. Quote Originally Posted by mojo risin View Post
    Since It fired full auto without a single action of the trigger, it failed to meet your definition.
    Cool! So, according to you, a legal fully automatic firearm can be made so long as the hammer/striker follows the slide and the trigger is never pulled! Wow, that is so awesome, I'm goin' to make me one of those to carry and shoot at the range! Instead of pulling the trigger you just rack the slide and let it rip through all the rounds in the magazine and it's not a machine gun because the trigger is never pulled! Yeah, try that in front of your local ATF agent and see what happens, moron.

Quote Originally Posted by mojo risin View Post
    Since you are the one who fears public places without being armed - it would appear you are once again confused about just who's afraid of people with guns.

No real surprise there.

Not that having to strap on your courage before you leave home makes you less of a man or anything - I just don't personally feel the need.
    Once again you are putting your incredible stupidity on display for all to see. You know what NavyLCDR means, right? Navy + Lieutenant Commander. So where do you suppose a Lieutenant Commander in the Navy would work? Hmmmm.....maybe on a Navy base or Naval Air Station? And what items are prohibited on Navy bases and Naval Air Stations.....let's see.....one item would be FIREARMS. So, it seems to me like every day when I go to work I do so unarmed. If I go off base to eat lunch, I do so unarmed. If I go shopping between work and home, I do so unarmed. And I don't fear doing it. But if I can carry my firearm there is no reason not to. If I do go out away from home when not going to work the cell phone goes in my pocket and the paddle holster goes on my belt, it's as easy as that.

You see, many years ago I left my house at 5 am to go to work. At about 5:10 am one or more unknown persons jumped my fence into my back yard and started approaching my house. My three dogs ran out the doggy into the back yard and chased the one or more persons out of the yard. They must have thought the dogs were locked in the back yard because they came to the front of my house and kicked my front door in. My wife (at the time) who was sitting in the living room which was in a direct line with the front door screamed and the dogs came back inside through the doggy door and chased the bad guy(s) out of the house. At the time we did not own any firearms and who knows what would have happened if we didn't have the three dogs. That instance predicated us buying our first handgun and practicing at the range with it at least weekly because it was just a lot of fun to shoot at the range.

Now since a violent crime can happen anywhere and since I can't take dogs with me everywhere I go, there simply is no down side to just slipping the holster with the gun onto my belt when leaving the house.

I just can't bring myself to ignore you, Mojo Risin (aka Jim Morrison wannabe) because it is just too damn entertaining to read some of the crap you manage to come up with. I'm just curious - is your material all original, or do you have writers that write your comedy for you?
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

So, according to you a legal fully automatic firearm can be made so long as the hammer/striker follows the slide and the trigger is never pulled!
    YOU posted the definition, dip-shlit.

It's almost as if you can't post without making an ass of yourself.

"SEEE.... I found this definition which clearly states that if you can fire multiple rounds with a single trigger pull - it's a machine gun!"

I didn't pull the trigger?

"Uhhh, .... yeah, well..... they probably meant that too!"

You crack me up!

try that in front of your local ATF agent and see what happens, moron.
    Let me help you again, nimrod.

The word of the day is intent.

The wording is such because pulling the trigger indicates an intent to fire.

It's against the law to intentionally drive 100mph on the freeway.

An exception would be doing so because of a mechanical failure beyond your control.

You're making a fool of yourself, Lt.

I've gotten stronger semantical arguments from children.

I can't take dogs with me everywhere I go
    Why is that?

And more importantly, why aren't you advocating the right to do so?

I just can't bring myself to ignore you, Mojo Risin
    I know, LT........ I know.

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    You mean registered as a machine gun? Before 1986 when the Federal government closed the machine gun registry? It is better that people think you to be a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

You see, your Titan .25 became a machinegun the first time it fired more than 1 round with a single action of the trigger:

26 U.S. Code § 5845 - Definitions | LII / Legal Information Institute

"(b) Machinegun
    The term “machinegun” means any weapon which shoots, is designed to shoot, or can be readily restored to shoot, automatically more than one shot, without manual reloading, by a single function of the trigger."

Therefore, the first time your Titan fired more than 1 round by a single function of the trigger in your presence you knowingly came into possession of an unregistered machinegun in violation of the National Firearms Act of 1934.

David Olofson got 30 months in the slammer when he transferred his "unregistered machinegun", an AR-15 that also malfunctioned and fired more than 1 round with a single action of the trigger:
    Prison term for ?broken gun? case ends
    I knew where you were going with that, but decided to wait and see if the anti-gunner would take the bait. For being as big a troll as he/she is, he/she sure bit hard on the first piece of bait offered to him/her.

Well done Navy.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Let me help you there Blues....

From the actual court filing:

Olofson loaned Kiernicki an AR-15 and hundreds of rounds of ammunition on four separate occasions. The selector switch on the borrowed AR-15 had three positions: one marked "fire," one marked "safety," and one that was unmarked. Olofson and Kiernicki discussed the unmarked setting on July 13, 2006, which was the fourth time that Olofson loaned Kiernicki the weapon. Olofson told Kiernicki that putting the selector switch in the unmarked position would enable the AR-15 to fire a three-round burst with a single pull of the trigger, but the gun would then jam.

Google Scholar

I trust you understand that by telling Kiernicki in advance that the third setting would fire 3 shot bursts - Olofson was indeed guilty of knowingly transferring an unregistered machine gun - something that has no parallel what so ever to my situation - and something he rightfully did time for.

But you know them gun nuts - no sense letting the facts get in the way of a perfectly good rant.

As long as it makes gun laws look bad, who cares if it's true or not.

10. In response to your post #1128 there mojo risin, I did not know about that little piece of information regarding that court case. That doesn't mean you are a genius by any stretch of the imagination, it just means that people can learn from the mentally challenged too. And I am man enough to admit that I did learn something from you.

Now you or someone else takes your little defective pea shooter to the gun range and the cops confiscate it because someone pulled the trigger and it fired more than one round and they discover that it went full auto before and you knew it, whether or not the trigger was pulled the first time it happened, I guarantee you would be doing your time for illegal possession and/or transfer of a machine gun.

I am man enough to admit that I did learn something from you.
    Thanks, but you shouldn't have had to.

The old adage works both ways..... if something sounds too bad to be true - it probably isn't.

I call it the Murdoch syndrome.

I guarantee you would be doing your time for illegal possession and/or transfer of a machine gun.
    Nah.

You got to remember, Kiernicki fired it auto again and again - until authorities were called.

Why he told them he knew it was auto when in the third position is beyond me?

All I can figure is that he didn't know it was against the law, and if that's the case - he shouldn't have had it to begin with.

Look, Olofson was just another anti-government radical who got what he deserved.

He was building and selling these AR's - using parts from M-16's to make them auto.

While there may well be examples to rag on the ATF over,..... this isn't one of them.

The only lesson to be learned from this story is just how incredibly dishonest gun rights activists are.