Why Do You Carry Concealed? - Page 114
Page 114 of 139 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 1390

Thread: Why Do You Carry Concealed?

Why Do You Carry Concealed?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1416990030.628789.jpg

"And if the government ever says you can't have a gun, that's when you'll need a gun"

...... Cried Vernon Wayne Howell, as he poured gasoline on his followers.

4. "All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party."

...... Mao Tse Tung, Problems of War and Strategy, Nov. 6, 1938

If I could have gotten 51 votes in the Senate of the United States for an outright ban, picking up every one of them . . . ‘Mr. and Mrs. America, turn ‘em all in,’ I would have done it.

..... Diane Feinstein, Feb. 5, 1995

"The ruling class doesn’t care about public safety. Having made it very difficult for States and localities to police themselves, having left ordinary citizens with no choice but to protect themselves as best they can, they now try to take our guns away. In fact they blame us and our guns for crime. This is so wrong that it cannot be an honest mistake."

..... US Senator Malcom Wallup, March 8, 1997
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

5. Disarming the Myths Promoted By the Gun Control Lobby - Forbes

Then there is the argument that more private gun ownership will lead to more accidents because the average citizen isn’t sufficiently trained to use a weapon defensively. While gun accidents do occur, the Cato study indicates that they are the most overstated risks. There were 535 accidental firearms deaths in 2006 within a population of almost 300 million people. Although every lost life is tragic, the proportion is not particularly startling.

On the other hand, Newsweek has reported that law-abiding American citizens using guns in self-defense during 2003 shot and killed two and one-half times as many criminals as police did, and with fewer than one-fifth as many incidents as police where an innocent person mistakenly identified as a criminal (2% versus 11%).

Finally, on the subject of public safety, just how well have gun bans worked in other countries? Take the number of home break-ins while residents are present as an indication. In Canada and Britain, both with tough gun-control laws, nearly half of all burglaries occur when residents are present. But in the U.S. where many households are armed, only about 13% happen when someone is home.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

If I could have gotten 51 votes in the Senate of the United States for an outright ban, picking up every one of them . . . ‘Mr. and Mrs. America, turn ‘em all in,’ I would have done it
    I don't know how to break this to you LT, but in this country that's how it's supposed to work.

If the people believe that a law needs to change, their elected Congress votes on it.

In some cases they even amend the constitution - I'm sure you're familiar with this concept.

I realize you have convinced yourself that the 2nd amendment came from the burning bush, but it didn't.

It was simply the will of the people at the time.

And if at some point the people will otherwise,... well, I guess we'll see a lot of cold dead empty hands.

You know the drill - love it or leave it.

Oh, and just a heads up....

Your Forbes article?

Another steaming load.

Those numbers attributed to Newsweek are actually from John Lott's 2003 "study".

If you ever bother actually looking into it, you'll see that he was shredded as a joke years ago.

That study is also the source of the NRA's 2.5 million annual DGU number - which was nominated as the most outrageous number mentioned in a policy discussion by an elected official.

8. I'm curious mojo risin, have you told your family yet that there will be no more visiting ANY place that serves alcohol in order to protect them from the dangerous guns that are allowed there?

I'm curious mojo risin, have you told your family yet that there will be no more visiting ANY place that serves alcohol in order to protect them from the dangerous guns that are allowed there?
    No need.

As I already pointed out, guns are only allowed where the property owners allow them, so we have plenty of places to go - with more on the way.

Great country, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by mojo risin View Post
    I don't know how to break this to you LT, but in this country that's how it's supposed to work.

If the people believe that a law needs to change, their elected Congress votes on it.

In some cases they even amend the constitution - I'm sure you're familiar with this concept.

I realize you have convinced yourself that the 2nd amendment came from the burning bush, but it didn't.

It was simply the will of the people.

And if at some point the people will otherwise,... well, I guess we'll see a lot of cold dead empty hands.

You know the drill - love it or leave it.
    You do realize that we do not live in a Democracy.....?

Please tell me that you are not that stupid.....

Votes don't overrule a Constitutional Amendment....

Please tell me that you are not that stupid.....

(You might very well BE that stupid but... Who knows?)

11. Quote Originally Posted by mojo risin View Post
    No need.

As I already pointed out, guns are only allowed where the property owners allow them, so we have plenty of places to go - with more on the way.

Great country, isn't it?
    I'm sure MDA appreciates your support.