Why Do You Carry Concealed? - Page 117
Page 117 of 139 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 1390

Thread: Why Do You Carry Concealed?

Divided we fall. Mission accomplished.

“We the People” will not be disarmed.
    Let me know when you finally come to terms with the fact that "We the people" doesn't mean some Americans, or lots of Americans, or Americans with guns - but MOST Americans.

And yes, if most Americans decide to disarm the rest, they will - make no mistake about that.

Are you willing to die to take my guns?
    Don't need to worry about that.

"We the people" can just light up your home by remote control, and pry your gun from your hot, crispy hand.

So the question then becomes are you willing to die for your guns - because you most assuredly will.

If your answer is still yes, then "we the people" are likely better off without you anyway.

Like a shot of chlorine in the gene pool.

Quote Originally Posted by mojo risin View Post
    Let me know when you finally come to terms with the fact that "We the people" doesn't mean some Americans, or lots of Americans, or Americans with guns - but MOST Americans.

And yes, if most Americans decide to disarm the rest - they will.

Don't need to worry about that.

"We the people" can just light up your home by remote control, and pry your gun from your hot, crispy hand.

So the question then becomes are you willing to die for your guns - because you most assuredly will.

If your answer is still yes, then "we the people" are likely better off without you anyway.

Like a shot of chlorine in the gene pool.
    Why Do You Carry Concealed?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1417244068.039079.jpg

Let's see if we can't clear up some of your buddy's incredible ignorance, shall we?

Our founders did not want a “democracy” for they feared a true democracy was just as dangerous as a monarchy.
    Uhhh, no.

Our founders didn't want a democracy because they were predatory elitists who wanted to self rule to further their own personal interests.

They wanted an aristocracy where power rested solely in the hands of wealthy white men like themselves.

They preferred a classic Roman republic where the senate wasn't elected, but appointed, so that the elites controlled congress - not the people.

They weren't afraid of a monarchy, they wanted to BE the monarchy.

You can see this in article 1 section 3 of the constitution: The Senate of the United States shall be composed of two Senators from each State, chosen by the Legislature thereof

In case you and your buddy hadn't noticed - this was fixed by the 17th amendment.

By allowing the people to elect our law makers, we became a democratic republic.

So your ridiculous claim that we are a republic, not a democracy is the same as saying a Corvette is an automobile, not a Chevrolet.

If you need any more help, just let me know.

Looks like they are already here!

Quote Originally Posted by mojo risin View Post
    Let's see if we can't clear up some of your buddy's incredible ignorance, shall we?

Uhhh, no.

Our founders didn't want a democracy because they were predatory elitists who wanted to self rule to further their own personal interests.

They wanted an aristocracy where power rested solely in the hands of wealthy white men like themselves.

They preferred a classic Roman republic where the senate wasn't elected, but appointed, so that the elites controlled congress - not the people.

They weren't afraid of a monarchy, they wanted to BE the monarchy.

You can see this in article 1 section 3 of the constitution: The Senate of the United States shall be composed of two Senators from each State, chosen by the Legislature thereof

In case you and your buddy hadn't noticed - this was fixed by the 17th amendment.

By allowing the people to elect our law makers, we became a democratic republic.

So your ridiculous claim that we are a republic, not a democracy is the same as saying a Corvette is an automobile, not a Chevrolet.

If you need any more help, just let me know.
    Ben Franklin defined America as a republic right around the time the continental Congress was meeting. That's simply historical fact.
    Perspectives on the Constitution: A Republic, If You Can Keep It - Perspectives on the Constitution: A Republic, If You Can Keep It - National Constitution Center
    Nearly all of the delegates harbored objections, but persuaded by Franklin's logic, they put aside their misgivings and affixed their signatures to it. Their over-riding concern was the tendency in nearly all parts of the young country toward disorder and disintegration. Americans had used the doctrine of popular sovereignty--"democracy"--as the rationale for their successful rebellion against English authority in 1776. But they had not yet worked out fully the question that has plagued all nations aspiring to democratic government ever since: how to implement principles of popular majority rule while at the same time preserving stable governments that protect the rights and liberties of all citizens.
    There was much in the culture and environment that contributed to a national consensus and cohesion: a common language; a solid belief in the principles of English common law and constitutionalism; a widespread commitment (albeit in diverse forms) to the Protestant religion; a shared revolutionary experience; and, perhaps most important, an economic environment which promised most free, white Americans if not great wealth, at least an independent sufficiency.
    As we look at the state of our federal union 211 years after the Founders completed their work, there is cause for satisfaction that we have avoided many of the plagues afflicting so many other societies, but this is hardly cause for complacency. To be sure, the US Constitution itself has not only survived the crises confronting it in the past, but in so doing, it has in itself become our nation's most powerful symbol of unity--a far preferable alternative to a monarch or a national religion, the institutions on which most nations around the world have relied. Moreover, our Constitution is a stronger, better document than it was when it initially emerged from the Philadelphia Convention. Through the amendment process (in particular, through the 13th, 14th, 15th and 19th Amendments), it has become the protector of the rights of all the people, not just some of the people.
    There is a story, often told, that upon exiting the Constitutional Convention Benjamin Franklin was approached by a group of citizens asking what sort of government the delegates had created. His answer was: "A republic, if you can keep it." The brevity of that response should not cause us to under-value its essential meaning: democratic republics are not merely founded upon the consent of the people, they are also absolutely dependent upon the active and informed involvement of the people for their continued good health.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

8. Quote Originally Posted by golddigger14s View Post
    Divided we fall. Mission accomplished.
    There isn't much division here, just one or two trolls hanging around. The difference between us and the anti-gun liberal forums like MDA and Brady where they would be more accepted is that we don't ban them from posting their views that differ from ours - we just don't agree with them and post facts to show why we disagree with them and allow readers to make informed decisions. Groups like MDA and Brady don't have facts that support their views so they have to resort to banning people who disagree with them on their forums. They rely upon continual propaganda to feed the mindless lemmings that follow them.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

9. Why do I carry concealed? That was the original question, right? I choose to carry because i am a husband and father and the primary responsibility to protect my wife and kids is mine. I will not depend upon law enforcement for this protection because, even though I believe most leo's are good folks, they cannot be everywhere. Part of protecting my family is protecting myself when I am not with them so that they do not have to face the economic struggles that would come with losing the main breadwinner of our family. Also, Even though I am an imperfect father and husband, there is no one who can be a better father to my children or husband to my wife than I can. Lastly, I carry because I have dedicated my life to serving others and if that service requires intervention in a violent situation, I want to have the tools necessary to protect others. This is why I carry.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hey! Mrs Mojo Rasin....

Why Do You Carry Concealed?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1417290272.313525.jpg
    Why Do You Carry Concealed?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1417290304.415343.jpg

(How's Shannon doing?)

<Roaring laughter>

Hey Chuckles.

I don't know how to break this to you, but the post from BC1 that you "liked" just reiterated exactly what I said, that Franklin's Republic - where the senate was appointed, not elected, and which focused on free, white Americans, Has "Through the amendment process become the protector of the rights of all the people, not just some of the people."

Beeman's point was damn clear,...

"Democratic republics are not merely founded upon the consent of the people, they are also absolutely dependent upon the active and informed involvement of the people for their continued good health."

It is the very ability and willingness to amend our constitution through the democratic process which allows us to maintain a republic.

It would be interesting to see how many folks here believe as Chuckles and LT do, that the Constitution "set up a system of checks and balances to help limit the potential for an immoral majority developing within the American People".

This from a "moral majority" which condoned slavery, and only considered wealthy white men true Americans.

You know, Sheldon Addleson's vision.

The Koch brother's vision.

The Tea party vision - they didn't just pull that name out of a hat, they were created by wealthy white men like Rupert Murdoch who want to revert to a "simpler" time when they were worshiped for their wisdom.

If you believe in the 2A, then you best wake up.

If those people ever take control of this country, they will be the textbook example of the tyranny the 2A spoke of - because ALL such tyrannies are built on greed - and if you think for a second that they will allow you bear arms against them once they gain control, then you best stop thinking until you get a little better at it.

Sure, they use hatred of the government to rally you all, but once you help them gerrymand their way into power, they won't waste any time telling you "enemy combatants" to go phuk yourselves the minute you question their motives.

After all, they're the job creators, you ungrateful scum - where would you be without them?

You'll do all their work, you'll pay all their bills, you'll die to protect their empires,... and they will revel in the grand lifestyle you provide for them.

It will truly be the "republic" our founders envisioned.