Why Do You Carry Concealed? - Page 120
Page 120 of 139 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122130 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 1390

Thread: Why Do You Carry Concealed?

1. Better to have and not need than to need and not have. Open carry will bring a lot of attention to the carrier, I would prefer to not have that attention focusing on me.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Armed Conservative View Post
    Open carry will bring a lot of attention to the carrier
    How do you know that?
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

4. Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    How do you know that?
    Common sense. It most of the time does draw attention if you are not in a LEO uniform. It is on the news often both local and national level where the cops are called to Walmart, McDonalds etc....because someone or multiple folks are open carrying. I would guess the overwhelming majority of folks don't know their own states gun laws.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Armed Conservative View Post
    Common sense. It most of the time does draw attention if you are not in a LEO uniform. It is on the news often both local and national level where the cops are called to Walmart, McDonalds etc....because someone or multiple folks are open carrying. I would guess the overwhelming majority of folks don't know their own states gun laws.
    I must be doing it wrong. I very seldom get any attention due to my openly carried gun and what little attention I do get is about 90% positive.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Same thing here in Vermont for me as I open carry daily.

7. I open carried in a kids playground while playing with my girlfriends 2 year old son, and didn't get any negative attention.

I conceal carry very little anymore. Everybody knows I carry, and I prefer to have them see my weapon, say to themselves, self let's not screw with this guy. Let's move on to an easier victim or a concealed carrier, who'll take care of it then.

Dennis in Idaho

"You'll always remember the Ride! The destination is great, don't get me wrong, but you'll ALWAYS Remember the Ride!"
    Dennis in Idaho
    "Citizenship requires three boxes: "The Ballot Box,
    The Jury Box, and the Cartridge Box." Fredrick Douglas

9. It's Open carry here in Ohio but I hear that Law enforcement will get you for inducing panic etc.... so it's better not to.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using USA Carry mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by arikk View Post
    It's Open carry here in Ohio but I hear that Law enforcement will get you for inducing panic etc.... so it's better not to.

Need new policies or officers.

Sent from my D6616 using USA Carry mobile app
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by arikk View Post
    It's Open carry here in Ohio but I hear that Law enforcement will get you for inducing panic etc.... so it's better not to.