Why Do You Carry Concealed? - Page 121
Page 121 of 139 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 1390

Thread: Why Do You Carry Concealed?

1. Quote Originally Posted by arikk View Post
    It's Open carry here in Ohio but I hear that Law enforcement will get you for inducing panic etc.... so it's better not to.
    I'll bet you heard that from a LEO, a gun store employee, a CCW instructor, or someone who has never open carried.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by arikk View Post
    It's Open carry here in Ohio but I hear that Law enforcement will get you for inducing panic etc.... so it's better not to.
    Cincinnati police chief issues memo about open carry.

It is important to note, open carry by itself also would not support a charge of Disorderly Conduct or Inducing Panic. There must be additional facts to support these offenses. If someone is lawfully carrying a firearm—and doing nothing else— the fact that it causes alarm to others does not support a charge.
    Cincinnati police chief advises staff of legality regarding open carry of a firearm in Ohio | Buckeye Firearms Association

Cleveland issues similar memo:

Cleveland police internal memo: Citizens can openly carry guns in public | Buckeye Firearms Association

4. Personal protection.

5. I will do it soon..think of it as an extra insurance policy...hoping I never have to use it..BUT..you never know!

Sent from my SM-G900V using USA Carry mobile app

6. I don't believe Dayton has this because I have heard people getting razed by the LEO

Sent from my SCH-I545 using USA Carry mobile app

7. lively hood

I have friends & family and when necessary I'd like to keep it that way.

8. I have conceal carried every since I was old enough to get licensed. There was one day I was thankful that I did. When going back to my car in a grocery store two men wanted to rob me. After I had handed over my wallet they pulled out knives and said that they now had to kill me because I could be a witness against them. When they made a move on me I pulled my gun and shot one dead and wounded the other. Conceal carring saved my life that day and so I will carry for as long as I am able and I recommend that everyone that does the same spend some time at a range to practice hitting what they shoot at. It could save their life.

It's the most important tool in your belt that you hope to never have to use. It's the most important item you own simply for protection, not just for you and your family. It is our duty to protect all law-abiding citizens and be there for our fellow man/woman. We are our brother's keeper and seeing these post replies, I believe many sheepdogs (the 1% that pay attention to what's going on to protect the sheep from the wolves) are here on this site. Keep it up usacarry.com members.

Quote Originally Posted by satraining View Post
    It's the most important tool in your belt that you hope to never have to use. It's the most important item you own simply for protection, not just for you and your family. It is our duty to protect all law-abiding citizens and be there for our fellow man/woman. We are our brother's keeper and seeing these post replies, I believe many sheepdogs (the 1% that pay attention to what's going on to protect the sheep from the wolves) are here on this site. Keep it up usacarry.com members.
    You better be damn careful with your sheepdog mind set.

You come upon two men fighting in a store parking lot. One man is clearly on the short end of the deal, and the beating is such you think his life is in danger, so you shoot the other one.

Back story: The guy on the short end was actually the bad guy, attempted to rob/attack/kill the other, but the good guy (the one you shot) was able to turn it back on the bad guy.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

11. Quote Originally Posted by satraining View Post
    It is our duty to protect all law-abiding citizens and be there for our fellow man/woman. We are our brother's keeper
    No. My first and foremost duty is to protect myself and my family. Protecting strangers has the very high likelihood of putting me in the position of not being able to provide for my family and, except in the most absolute clear cut situations, the general public better take it upon themselves to provide for their own protection.

http://fox13now.com/2015/03/23/citiz...nife-in-fight/
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.