Why Do You Carry Concealed? - Page 123
Page 123 of 139 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125133 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 1390

Thread: Why Do You Carry Concealed?

1. Thanks! Looks like you ride too. 2013 Burgman here.

3. I don't carry yet, but I am in the hunt for a Kansas CCH class.

I live in rural NW Kansas have owned shotguns, AR's, and Bolt guns my whole life. Bought my first pistol 2 years ago, a pretty little Springfield XDM 9mm that I love the heck out of. I would say that being in rural nowhere has allowed me to shoot more than the average gun owner and have gotten pretty good with it.

Here is why I want to carry. First, I have invested the time and money to manipulate this weapon, why not take it with me everywhere? Second, being in rural nowhere there are some shady people out here. You never know when stopping to help change a tire could turn into something more, and I don't mean your last wet dream. I have a new little one and I would do anything to make sure he stays safe.

I'm lucky to live in KS where I could carry concealed right now with no problem, but 50% of my time is spent in Nebraska and would like the paperwork to keep me legal...the search continues.

I'm a CC instructor for KS in Goodland, PM sent with my phone # -- will come to you and teach the class.

Looking at my wife and children the real question should be why wouldn't you? My household has been taught why we need to depend on ourselves and each other for protection. Nobody is more concerned for your safety than you are. We need every possible legal advantage at our disposal should something happen. We all know the criminal element don't fight fair or care, so we must be properly equipped to fight back. That is why we carry.

Quote Originally Posted by lukem View Post
    Here's an article/question I posted.

So let's here, why do you carry concealed?
    One reason is that in order to get a shot off when the attack begins very close, you need to already have your hand on your gun, and I can grab my gun without otherwise raising an alarm if I pocket carry.

7. I carry concealed because I want to be the only one who knows I am armed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 1sgdavo View Post
    I carry concealed because I want to be the only one who knows I am armed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Worlds dumbest reason. Congratulations!

9. Quote Originally Posted by 1sgdavo View Post
    I carry concealed because I want to be the only one who knows I am armed.
    "so I can look like every other potential target to the criminal and if they should happen to choose me to attack because I have given them no reason not to then I can whip out my big chunk of Element of Surprise and make them wish (hopefully) that they never messed with me, while doing nothing to initially prevent the trauma to myself and possibly my family from the attack itself and the potential shooting of the bad guy." Of course the trusty concealed carry only instructors leave that part out of training.

Quote Originally Posted by golddigger14s View Post
    Worlds dumbest reason. Congratulations!
    +1. Relying upon the "Element of Surprise" to protect you during a criminal attack is like relying upon your health insurance plan to protect you during a car wreck.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

10. Concealed Carry is my choice. It is a tactical decision, based on my training and experience. Scenario: You are Open Carrying and enjoying a meal at a restaurant, when an active shooter enters and begins shooting people. Who do you think he will shoot first? In my opinion, he will shoot first anyone he considers may be a threat, and an open handgun on someone's hip marks them for an early bullet. With my pistol disguised, I can have the element of surprise on my side if I think i can stop him. Simple.
    A man without a gun is a subject; a man with a gun is a citizen.
    I'll keep my freedom, my guns and my money. You can keep THE CHANGE.
    An armed society is a polite society.

11. Quote Originally Posted by wuzfuz View Post
    Concealed Carry is my choice. It is a tactical decision, based on my training and experience. Scenario: You are Open Carrying and enjoying a meal at a restaurant, when an active shooter enters and begins shooting people. Who do you think he will shoot first? In my opinion, he will shoot first anyone he considers may be a threat, and an open handgun on someone's hip marks them for an early bullet. With my pistol disguised, I can have the element of surprise on my side if I think i can stop him. Simple.
    So you have experienced this in real life? Shooter rushes in the front door of a restaurant, gun in hand, ready to kill as many people that he can and the first thing he does is stop and looks at the customers to figure out who might be carrying gun? That is what you really want us to believe? I would love to hear your story of when you have experienced this in real life. You will be the first to provide an example. It's OK if that is why you choose to hide your gun, but people who might still be considering the choice should know that there has yet to be an example provided of Joe Citizen shot first in a public place during a robbery or mass shooting because they were openly carrying a handgun in a holster - unless they also happened to be wearing some type of security/police/military uniform as well.

What is more likely to happen?

Open carry deters armed robbery in Kennesaw - Atlanta gun rights | Examiner.com
    Captain Jerry Quan, the Commander for Precinct One, where the Wafflehouse is located, confirmed Matt Brannan's story as one in which the open display of a pistol deterred a well armed robbery crew.
    Gun Owner Saves Lives In The Richmond VA Golden Market Shooting
    Here are my thoughts from watching that tape:
    Open carry was an advantage in this case because in the video I saw just how fast the GO managed to draw his gun and begin to return fire. You always hear about how open carry is so bad tactically – you’ll be the first one shot, etc. Oh, yeah? The GO had a HUGE gun in plain sight and he was NOT shot. Who got shot first? An unarmed store owner.
    So, it depends (disregarding complying with a law that makes a certain type of carry illegal) on what you want to base your decision of carry method on: theories that have never happened in real life - or "experience" of what really does happen in real life.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.