Why Do You Carry Concealed? - Page 127
Page 127 of 139 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129137 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 1390

Thread: Why Do You Carry Concealed?

1. It comes down to us or them. I really don't want them, criminals, to win and the LEOs who are good and need our support but just can't be everywhere. So if it comes down to protecting my family and neighbors then I will do it. Spent 22 years all over this world with the military protecting others and now I feel the need to protect by family and friends. This world and nation has changed. Even the small towns are not safe anymore do to the drug dealers and such. Serve and Protect? Yes, have never stopped and usually any prior military is still on duty and proud of it. :>)

To have the ability to protect my family, property and self.

4. Quote Originally Posted by steveksfc View Post
    It comes down to us or them. I really don't want them, criminals, to win and the LEOs who are good and need our support but just can't be everywhere. So if it comes down to protecting my family and neighbors then I will do it. Spent 22 years all over this world with the military protecting others and now I feel the need to protect by family and friends. This world and nation has changed. Even the small towns are not safe anymore do to the drug dealers and such. Serve and Protect? Yes, have never stopped and usually any prior military is still on duty and proud of it. :>)
    Good answer and I feel the same. I carry because hopefully I will never need to use my firearm but it's a crazy world and I can't count on the police to be there when we might need them to be. We must be able to defend ourselves against a threat to our ourselves, our loved ones or an innocent being subjected to lethal violence. That is our right and it's better to be prepared and practiced than let a violent criminal determine our fates.

5. This may speak to those carrying concealed as opposed to open carry:
    Man Becomes Example of Why Some Gun Owners Prefer Concealed Carry Over Open Carry | TheBlaze.com

6. Quote Originally Posted by SR9 View Post
    This may speak to those carrying concealed as opposed to open carry:
    Man Becomes Example of Why Some Gun Owners Prefer Concealed Carry Over Open Carry | TheBlaze.com
    Pretty vague story. Were they armed? What was up with his situational awareness? Was he wearing his gun as a fashion accessory or what?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

An article from the blaze about an open carrier, linked to an article from the Daily press about an open carrier, linked to an article from the Newport news police about a stabbing....wait...what?

GUN WATCH: OH:Concealed Carry Fail; Rapist Disarms Realtor

Gun Stolen in Armed Robbery. Concealed Carry Fail? - The Truth About Guns

I dont conceal carry because I don't want my gun stolen.

Sent from my SM-N920T using USA Carry mobile app
    One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    An article from the blaze about an open carrier, linked to an article from the Daily press about an open carrier, linked to an article from the Newport news police about a stabbing....wait...what?
    Wow! Unreal. If you follow the links to the through the attributed sources, apparently no open carry theft ever happened!

Let me see here....who posted that (literal) story? Oh, I see..... Never mind. Would never expect more from either SR9 or The Blaze. That site makes me want to shoot my 'puter because of all the popups, side-bar ads and general bloat that slows me down from getting off the site. Hope I didn't just make Glenn Beck cry. LOL

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

9. Agree with my fellow Warriors, U.S. Army retired, used to carrying to protect myself and fellow Warriors, and now to protect myself, my family, and those around me that are victimized by criminals or terrorists. Freedom is never free, never was, and never will be.

10. I chose to purchase and carry after the election of 2012. I realized that our society and our 2nd Amendment rights were under attack. One from outside our nation - terrorists - and the other from our own government. I want to protect myself and my family as well as offer resistance in public settings if the need arises.
    Jim Bowling

11. Quote Originally Posted by BigGuy66 View Post
    I realized that our society and our 2nd Amendment rights were under attack. One from outside our nation - terrorists
    More commonly known as "The United Nations"
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.