Why Do You Carry Concealed? - Page 128
Page 128 of 139 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128129130138 ... LastLast
Results 1,271 to 1,280 of 1390

Thread: Why Do You Carry Concealed?

1. Protection of myself and my family! I refused to be defenseless if needed to save a life!

3. 1) Second Amendment rights
    2) Protect myself and my Family
    3) no one else will get involved, to many sheeple

4. Simple, I carry because I refuse to be a helpless victim or to watch someone else become one. I've been in the military, been a probation officer and done high risk security work in Iraq and Afghanistan, among other places. To me carrying is a way of life.

I carry because I live in the Chicago area, a neighbor was robbed in the parking lot of my condo building this past summer, and its my constitutional right.

6. First of all, I carry "because I can." It is my right. Secondly, because I want to protect my family and myself. There are bad people out there, and sometimes they want to come "in here." When they try to do that, I will be prepared to stop them. You don't want to say "...to kill them," because that shows some sort of intent that can be used against you in court at some future time. Unfortunately, I cannot carry my CCW to, from or at my job by federal law. That frosts me incredibly! I think that this law should be changed. It would have saved lives already if the change had been made. People in my office (some of them) are afraid that someone will burst in here and start killing them. They are correct in fearing that, but if just one person in the building (one story) had a weapon and was prepared to use it, they would feel better. Things need to change, and change soon. The NEXT time (it has happened already) this military post has a murder by a deranged person or one or more terrorists, there will be HELL TO PAY in the aftermath.

Quote Originally Posted by ArmedRefBap View Post
    I carry because I live in the Chicago area, a neighbor was robbed in the parking lot of my condo building this past summer, and its my constitutional right.
    Actually, it's your God Given Right.. Affirmed by the Constitution.
    See, the Constitution "grants" nothing. It only affirms the Rights all men are born with.

CONGRESS, July 4, 1776.

The unanimous Declaration of the thirteen united States of America,

When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8. I carry concealed about 99 percent of the time, the state I'm in allows both open an concealed. I usually only open carry when I'm hunting or maybe fishing. I have been ask several times why I usually conceal rather than open carry, the answer to that has many reasons but, first an foremost to many good people are uneasy around guns. I guess the biggest reason is because it also lets the bad people to see a gun one that they might like to try an take, while I don't believe the majority would be able to accomplish that, I prefer to have an element of surprise on my side. The main reason I carry concealed is for protection of my family and of course myself. While there are many more reasons that I carry they are just to many to list.

I concealed carry because it's my obligation too.

I open carry 99.9% of the time because other gun owners don't know what they are talking about.

Sent from my SM-N920T using USA Carry mobile app
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

10. I carry because I refuse to be a defenseless victim or to surrender my family's safety to someone else. I will not die on my knees.

11. Quote Originally Posted by Mikial View Post
    I carry because I refuse to be a defenseless victim or to surrender my family's safety to someone else. I will not die on my knees.
    ^ this just about sums it up for me. being a martial artist there is a motto"refuse to be a victim" that we live by.
    It has nothing todo with bravado or chest thumping or being the aggressor. It has to do with being aware and prepared.
    We have 10 black belts in my dojo...they all carry.
    Someone tried to break into my house last summer at 1:30 in the morning. It took the police 10 minutes to get there.
    the scariest 10 minutes of my wife and daughters lives. I got the OK from my former 'anti" wife after that night. Now she is waiting for her permit.