Why Do You Carry Concealed? - Page 13
Page 13 of 139 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Do You Carry Concealed?

1. One of the best laws ever passed in any state is the law that allows law abiding citizens to obtain a permit to carry a concealed weapon to defend themselves and loved ones. I've worked hard for what I have and cherish my family....that's why I carry.

3. Quote Originally Posted by lukem View Post
    Here's an article/question I posted.

So let's here, why do you carry concealed?
    I carry because i can..

I am a Forks Police Department Corrections officer, I would rather CC every day of my life and never need it than never carry and fail to protect innocent people.

‘The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.’
    -Edmund Burke

5. Because a deranged lunatic said he was going to kill me. Seriously. I work in media, an occupation well-known for attracting stalkers. About a year ago I (and others at the office) started getting threatening calls and letters. Then the station was vandalized. Then a guy was spotted outside with a knife. When police eventually determined his identity and went to arrest him, he attacked the officers with pepper spray and a club. Not surprisingly, he was found to be a diagnosed schizophrenic who had quit taking his meds. He is currently a guest of the state, and I hold no grudge.

But while he was still on the loose, I never knew if he was going to spring out of the bushes when I arrived for work at four a.m. Did I have a CCW at the time? No. Did I get a CCW ASAP? Damn Skippy I did! Did I carry anyway until I had a CCW? I invoke The Fifth.

I now carry everyday, and employ the same level of awareness I practiced in the military. I find the best policy is too always be looking for the proverbial badguy in the bushes. I also encourage my friends to get the permit, practice regularly, carry always, and be ready at all times.

In my opinion, an unarmed citizen is a victim waiting to happen. All you have to do is listen to your police scanner for a week to convince you. Going out in public and interacting with people without a gun is like going out into a four-lane highway without a car. You're gonna get run over sooner than later.
    A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State,
    the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

TOXIC REIGN: Reclaim Our Future

We have a duty to defend ourselves. It is not the duty of our parents or the police or our spouse or anyone else to be responsible for the defense of our life. Because of that, I make sure I carry enough hardware to answer any challenge.
    Edmund Burke: “The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.” – 1784 speech. Taken from Founding Fathers Notes. "The unarmed man is not just defenseless -- he is also contemptible." Machiavelli

8. I just turned 21 and feel that cc is my right and for protection of myself and loved ones.

Because to not carry would be just as silly as not wearing a seatbelt while driving.

Because it's a damn sight harder to stuff a cop into my holster.
    "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act!" -- George Orwell
    ------------
    There is nothing more persuasive than a red dot on somebody's forehead (aside from the sound of a shotgun chambering a round).

i carry because anything can happen at any given time and safety for me and my family are most important! Im still trying to find a "inside the pants holster for my ar-15"