Why Do You Carry Concealed? - Page 130
Page 130 of 139 FirstFirst ... 3080120128129130131132 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,300 of 1390

Thread: Why Do You Carry Concealed?

I like to CC because i'm a senior citizen now.No one needs to know what i'm carrying but I.
    After 60, if you don't wake up aching in every joint , you're probably dead.

3. Why do I carry concealed? Less hassle overall. Don't have to deal with idiots who will call the cops because "some maniac is walking around the neighborhood waving a gun." That's how someone described my father-in-law when he bent over to pick up dog poop and his shirt rode up and unconcealed his 9mm. Also, if someone is walking around looking to do some sketchy stuff, and I'm open carrying, they might try to take my gun off of me. If it's concealed, the bad guy is the one getting surprised.

Why do I carry? Because I don't trust people. If I don't know you, there's no way for me to know if you're a good person or not. I'd rather be able to protect myself/family/home if the need arises rather than end up a victim.

I live in the last nice area of the City of Cleveland, and my neighborhood has fallen victim to the criminals that live in the rest of the city because they know they aren't far from home and we have stuff worth stealing. People are being robbed in the middle of the day while walking their dogs. There was a home invasion on my street two weeks ago at 5:30 PM! The world has become a sad and vile place.

4. Because I'm disabled and an easy mark.

Sent from my N9518 using USA Carry mobile app

5. Plain and simple protection

6. Because I am afraid to open carry, so I need to hide my gun since the only reason people would think I was carrying it would be for nefarious purposes. It also helps me when I'm disrespecting private property owners' wishes and carrying in stores/businesses where on of the shareholders (owners) may be anti-gun.

Is this a discussion about why one carries at all or about why one chooses to carry concealed as opposed to open carry?

I carry concealed because it's nobody's business except mine that I'm carrying a gun. It's not a fashion statement nor is it a proud display of rights. I don't need people looking at me sideways if I was openly carrying. Besides, concealed carrying allows me to continue to protect myself in all these "gun free zones" I have to go in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Similar question, but the above helps. We live in a relatively quiet, safe suburb, rarely, if ever, hear of any break-ins or shootings. Just started shooting about 4-5 months ago, thinking of mainly keeping a gun in the bedroom for home protection, though my wife may even fight me on this. We only go out into Denver 1-2 times a month, and my question was when and why should I carry?

drleephd6530 Guest
    If you do decide to carry here are a few suggestions:
    1. Carry at least a 1911 45 ACP Hydro Shock not a 9 mm baby weapon!
    2. If you carry and you are threatened by another, Be Prepared To Pull And Kill! This will keep you most times from being shot or killed!!
    3. Learn your new Profession and be Professional at all times!
    4. Carrying in the open might get you shot from a very nervous carrier that panics easy!!!

These days be friendly with the local law at all times as some like to kill innocent people!!

Have been a CC instructor in two states. Have been using a firearm as of 7 years old to hunt.
    NRA instructor for several weapons!!!
    Now over 65 years old and still alive!!!

drleephd6530 Guest
    Please read my reply to all. Been There, Done It, Bought The Tee Shirt!!!

drleephd6530 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by drdwood View Post
    Similar question, but the above helps. We live in a relatively quiet, safe suburb, rarely, if ever, hear of any break-ins or shootings. Just started shooting about 4-5 months ago, thinking of mainly keeping a gun in the bedroom for home protection, though my wife may even fight me on this. We only go out into Denver 1-2 times a month, and my question was when and why should I carry?
    Please read my reply to all. Been There, Done It, Bought The Tee Shirt!!!
    To Carry or Not To Carry has to be your decision!!