Why Do You Carry Concealed? - Page 131
Page 131 of 139 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131132133 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 1390

Thread: Why Do You Carry Concealed?

drleephd6530 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by corneileous View Post
    Is this a discussion about why one carries at all or about why one chooses to carry concealed as opposed to open carry?

I carry concealed because it's nobody's business except mine that I'm carrying a gun. It's not a fashion statement nor is it a proud display of rights. I don't need people looking at me sideways if I was openly carrying. Besides, concealed carrying allows me to continue to protect myself in all these "gun free zones" I have to go in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AGREE 100%. I carry all the time to be positive if I am Threatened I WILL BE ABLE TO TAKE CARE and SURVIVE!!

drleephd6530 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by scottdls View Post
    Because I am afraid to open carry, so I need to hide my gun since the only reason people would think I was carrying it would be for nefarious purposes. It also helps me when I'm disrespecting private property owners' wishes and carrying in stores/businesses where on of the shareholders (owners) may be anti-gun.
    This day and age when you carry open you are just asking for sum stupid person to get scared and do something very STUPID!!! It may get you killed or in jail!!!

Quote Originally Posted by drleephd6530 View Post
    If you do decide to carry here are a few suggestions:
    1. Carry at least a 1911 45 ACP Hydro Shock not a 9 mm baby weapon!
    2. If you carry and you are threatened by another, Be Prepared To Pull And Kill! This will keep you most times from being shot or killed!!
    3. Learn your new Profession and be Professional at all times!
    4. Carrying in the open might get you shot from a very nervous carrier that panics easy!!!

These days be friendly with the local law at all times as some like to kill innocent people!!

Have been a CC instructor in two states. Have been using a firearm as of 7 years old to hunt.
    NRA instructor for several weapons!!!
    Now over 65 years old and still alive!!!
    1. BS! Caliber wars are for those that simply don't know better.
    2. BS! You shoot to stop.
    3. BS! It's not a profession.
    4. BS! Carrying concealed might get you shot because you are an easy mark.

Feel free to continue with your chest thumping. Many have tried in this forum.

Please read my reply to all. Been There, Done It, Bought The Tee Shirt!!!
    Nonsensical post.

Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    1. BS! Caliber wars are for those that simply don't know better.
    I've come to believe it makes better sense to carry the largest that can be shot proficiency and accurately with. If one can do that with a .45 then by all means, carry a 45.
    2. BS! You shoot to stop.
    I agree but, even though I'm not interested in taking a life, what if it's necessary?
    4. BS! Carrying concealed might get you shot because you are an easy mark.
    How so? Guess it just depended on one's own personal opinion but in mine, openly carrying makes you more of a target because you're considered more of a threat that would need to be taken out first. Of course, then again, the thug may also not wish to go in the place he intends to rob if he sees someone in there who is armed. It really could go either way, I just choose to carry concealed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've come to believe it makes better sense to carry the largest that can be shot proficiency and accurately with. If one can do that with a .45 then by all means, carry a 45.
    Training and practice is more important than caliber.

How so? Guess it just depended on one's own personal opinion but in mine, openly carrying makes you more of a target because you're considered more of a threat that would need to be taken out first. Of course, then again, the thug may also not wish to go in the place he intends to rob if he sees someone in there who is armed. It really could go either way, I just choose to carry concealed.
    Open vs. concealed carry has been discussed on gun forums, like this one, as much as caliber wars. There are arguments on both sides that go like this:

Concealed carry advocate: Open carry makes you a target as the bad guy can see your gun. The open carrier gets shot first during a robbery, because he is obviously armed and could defend himself. The concealed carrier has the element of surprise.

Open carry advocate: Concealed carry makes you a target as the bad guy can NOT see your gun. The concealed carrier is chosen as a victim, because he is obviously NOT armed. The open carrier has the element of deterrence.

8. Quote Originally Posted by drleephd6530 View Post
    This day and age when you carry open you are just asking for sum stupid person to get scared and do something very STUPID!!! It may get you killed or in jail!!!
    Yeah, I can't tell you how many concealed carriers that are too stupid to know the difference between a gun carried in a holster on a belt and an immediate threat to their life have whipped out their element of surprise and shot at me because they saw my gun in a holster on my belt. Thank goodness as well as having no common sense they can't shoot worth a crap either. But such is life when you open carry every day like I do. But I do just love how 90% of the negative attention I have gotten about my gun has come from concealed carry only snobs that can't resist telling me how they carry their gun and how I should carry my gun.... just like you are telling everybody what and how they need to carry. But we do know what PHD stands for.... piled higher and deeper.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

drleephd6530 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by rikkor View Post
    I have a CCW permit, but I don't own any guns (Take note Eric Holder). If I did, I'd probably carry a Taurus PT709 "Slim". I also might carry a 380 ACP when something smaller is in order. If I hunted I would probably opt for a .44 magnum sidearm while in the bear stand -- if I hunted.
    Sir, I have been carrying for over 20 years and have been an instructor in tow states. It has been proven over and over that the smallest cal to carry is a 45ACP preferably an 45ACP Hydro-shock.
    Using this cal and cartridge assures if required you get a kill the first time instead of having to fire multiple times. During a multiple firing it lets the bad guy soot and may also kill you too!!!

Remember who shoots first when required need to be the one that survives the shooting.

10. Quote Originally Posted by drleephd6530 View Post
    Sir, I have been carrying for over 20 years and have been an instructor in tow states. It has been proven over and over that the smallest cal to carry is a 45ACP preferably an 45ACP Hydro-shock.
    Using this cal and cartridge assures if required you get a kill the first time instead of having to fire multiple times. During a multiple firing it lets the bad guy soot and may also kill you too!!!

Remember who shoots first when required need to be the one that survives the shooting.
    I pray for your students. They are going to need prayers. And some last rites.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

1. You are replying to a 5 1/2 year old post. This member hasn't been on this forum for more than 5 years.

2. Feel free to continue to post caliber war garbage. It will just let everyone know your lack of expertise.

3. Hydra-Shok, not Hydro-shock, has been around since 1988, i.e., for 28 years. The original Hydra-Shok design is outdated. Federal is now producing the HST, which literally stands for Hydra-Shok Two (HST). All quality self defense cartridges, such as Federal HST, Speed Gold Dot and Hornady XTP, follow the same design principles and performance goals.

4. One-shot stops have nothing to do with caliber, but with shot placement. Standard defensive handgun training teaches multiple shots at center of mass followed by a head shot until the threat stops, irrespective of caliber. Your supposed instructor qualification was just debunked.