Why Do You Carry Concealed? - Page 132
Page 132 of 139 FirstFirst ... 3282122130131132133134 ... LastLast
Results 1,311 to 1,320 of 1390

Thread: Why Do You Carry Concealed?

1. [QUOTE=drleephd6530;609957]If you do decide to carry here are a few suggestions:
    1. Carry at least a 1911 45 ACP Hydro Shock not a 9 mm baby weapon!
    2. If you carry and you are threatened by another, Be Prepared To Pull And Kill! This will keep you most times from being shot or killed!!
    3. Learn your new Profession and be Professional at all times!
    4. Carrying in the open might get you shot from a very nervous carrier that panics easy!!!

1: The 9mm terminal ballistics are almost interchangeable with the .45acp. I carry both. Obviously, use premium rounds.
    2: We don't say "kill", we say "stop", because that's the intention. You say that crap in court after a shoot, you're in deep dung.
    3: It isn't a profession (for most carriers), it is a mindset.
    4: More likely it will just get you unwanted attention, but more importantly, I prefer that people not know I'm armed, which is a distinct advantage if something happens.

These days be friendly with the local law at all times as some like to kill innocent people!!
    I am always friendly with LEOs, and I typically outshoot them at the range.

3. Carry 100% of the time, because Murphy is alive and well.

As many others here have stated, I prefer to carry concealed because I don't want to call attention to myself. Since the open carry law was passed here in Texas, I've seen only one person carrying openly. So even though we can, I suspect most other Texans are like me -- they'd rather keep 'em guessing.
    Best,
    Michael

5. My wife and I just recieved our concealed handgun permits this past week. Personally I feel more comfortable carrying my 1911 concealed. I certainly do not wish to bring attention to myself.

6. Its just better that way...

7. Some of our friends get a little nervous when I would open carry. It easier to just conceal carry; they don't see it, all is good.

8. Why di I carry concealed? Because I can qualify for a permit and a lot of others can't.

Quote Originally Posted by SR9 View Post
    Why di I carry concealed? Because I can qualify for a permit and a lot of others can't.
    This post made my day.

10. Was surprized to see our permits come in 4 weeks after applying.

11. I carry for my defense and those I care about. I know, crazy original idea? Being a vet, I take my oath seriously. Due to my able body and training, I can't stand to see the sheep hurt by the wolves, and I carry to keep the option to defend a possibility. I don't go looking for trouble, and I pray I never find it. But I would not be able to live with myself if I did not have the tools ready to defend the people I care about.