Why Do You Carry Concealed? - Page 136
Page 136 of 139 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136137138 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 1390

Thread: Why Do You Carry Concealed?

  1. #1351

    Why Do You Carry Concealed?

    Quote Originally Posted by mikestone967 View Post
    Like all of your other posts as well......



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2.   
  3. #1352
    Whatever, boff. It's clear to say that you are just showin out for the thread. I've explained. If you are going to turn this into another one if your typical, knitpicking arguments, you can count me out.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #1353
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    So let's just toss the Constitution because it is 200 years old. Is that your belief corneileous? To hell with it - it's too old.
    That's not what I was suggesting but, what you say below is kinda what I meant.
    The founding fathers understood that the the Constitution as they wrote it would become outdated over time.






    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. Quote Originally Posted by corneileous View Post
    That's not what I was suggesting but, what you say below is kinda what I meant.
    The founding fathers understood that the the Constitution as they wrote it would become outdated over time.
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    And I wrote a whole lot more below that. The Second Amendment should be enforced the way it is written, "the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed" - or it should be amended using the method provided to amend the Constitution. None of this "reasonable regulation" bullcrap should be accepted.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

  6. #1355
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    And I wrote a whole lot more below that.
    I know you did but you're trying to discuss all this this with the wrong person.

    As long as the government doesn't take away my right to own and carry guns, I got better things to worry about. If I thought buying a permit was such an infringement, I'd live where it didn't exist.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. Quote Originally Posted by corneileous View Post
    I know you did but you're trying to discuss all this this with the wrong person.

    As long as the government doesn't take away my right to own and carry guns, I got better things to worry about. If I thought buying a permit was such an infringement, I'd live where it didn't exist.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The government has already taken away your right to own and carry guns. You're just satisfied that you have enough money to pay the government for your permission slip.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

  8. #1357
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    The government has already taken away your right to own and carry guns. You're just satisfied that you have enough money to pay the government for your permission slip.
    Well, I have a permit I keep in my wallet that allows me to carry. I'd say I have my rights to own and carry. What do you suggest I do, carry anyways, without one? I don't know about you but jail is not a place I want to be and until the law gets changed, if it ever does, this is it.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. Quote Originally Posted by corneileous View Post
    Well, I have a permit I keep in my wallet that allows me to carry. I'd say I have my rights to own and carry. What do you suggest I do, carry anyways, without one? I don't know about you but jail is not a place I want to be and until the law gets changed, if it ever does, this is it.
    The first step is to quit calling something that you have to pay the government for permission to do a right. If you have to pay the government for permission to do it it is a privilege that you paid for, not a right. Stop deluding yourself. "By God, I'm exercising my right to carry a gun because I paid for this card in my wallet which says I have the government's permission to do it!" No, you aren't. And I don't either. I am a member of a privileged elite club that I paid the government to become a member of. I have a CPL in my wallet to. That doesn't make it right, and it doesn't make it Constitutional - but I am not going to lie to myself and to others and say I am exercising my rights because I'm not. I can exercise my right and, if caught, go to jail. Or I can pay the government for the privilege of them not putting me in jail. I choose the latter. But I won't sugar coat it and say, "well - that Second Amendment - it's outdated - so maybe we should give the government an excuse on this one..."
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by corneileous View Post
    So, Navy..

    You believe that in this day of age; no, not 200 years ago or so when the constitution was written, that even today, with all the crap that goes down every single day, that there should be no regulation, what so ever? Just because the constitution was written at the beginning of our country's time when things were simpler, in THAT timeframe? Their society back then is no where near what modern life is.

    I believe I know already what you are goin to say and that's fine. The reason I say that is because, why have these regulations in place anyways, even the ones that remotely make sense? Only us law abiding citizens follow laws anyway, not criminals. They get to do what they want, why can't we?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hey, ya big dummy!

    Mattox v. U.S., 156 US 237, 243: “We are bound to interpret the Constitution in the light of the law as it existed at the time it was adopted.”

    S. Carolina v. U.S., 199 U.S. 437, 448 (1905): “The Constitution is a written instrument. As such, its meaning does not alter. That which it meant when it was adopted, it means now.”

    Read it and understand it ... please.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by corneileous View Post
    As long as the government doesn't take away my right to own and carry guns, I got better things to worry about. If I thought buying a permit was such an infringement, I'd live where it didn't exist.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wow......

    Unequivocally..... wow!

    I can't believe people can be this friggin stupid....


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast