Why Do You Carry Concealed? - Page 137
Page 137 of 139 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137138139 LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,370 of 1390

Thread: Why Do You Carry Concealed?

Quote Originally Posted by corneileous View Post
    . . . You believe that in this day of age; no, not 200 years ago or so when the constitution was written, that even today, with all the crap that goes down every single day, that there should be no regulation, what so ever? Just because the constitution was written at the beginning of our country's time when things were simpler, in THAT timeframe? Their society back then is no where near what modern life is....
    I take it that you are not a U.S. history major. Probably not a student of any history or philosophy, nor a reader of biographies of the Founding Fathers.

OK.

Believe it or not, complex sophisticated thought did happen prior to the digital age.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Reba View Post
    I take it that you are not a U.S. history major. Probably not a student of any history or philosophy, nor a reader of biographies of the Founding Fathers.

OK.

Believe it or not, complex sophisticated thought did happen prior to the digital age.

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Reba View Post
    Awesome line, and it couldn't have been targeted more aptly.
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Quote Originally Posted by mikestone967 View Post
    Couldn't research a better meme to use?...lol. Didn't think Reba was a sir.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why Do You Carry Concealed?

Quote Originally Posted by Reba View Post
    No, I'm not.

You weren't serious with your questions, were you?...lol.
    I never said anything about an absence of complex and sophisticated thought back in those days. What, just because I think a lot of things that where written in accordance with past times, probably shouldn't apply to modern times, you think I'm saying they didn't know how to think and be sophisticated?? Wow. Lol.

I'm not necessarily saying anyone is wrong, I just find it funny that some people think that what was written years and years ago should be applied to modern time. They had muskets and cannons back then. We have much more than that now. We have a lot more of an evil society these days. If most of y'all don't agree with that, fine, don't.

Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    Awesome line, and it couldn't have been targeted more aptly.

Why Do You Carry Concealed?

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    The government has already taken away your right to own and carry guns. You're just satisfied that you have enough money to pay the government for your permission slip.
    So, what are you gonna do to change it?? Is there anything you literally can do? Other than saying phuck the system and risk going to jail over a pride thing? I'm not saying I'm happy with it being the way it is, I'm just saying I'm not going to b!tch and moan, whine and cry, cuss, and kick the dirt just because I have to buy an 85 dollar or so "permission slip" every 5 years. I refuse to engage in such argumentative discussion bitching about it.

So, as I said, as long as I still have my right to own and carry a gun, "permission slip" required or not, I really don't care. If you do, alright, then..lol.

9. Quote Originally Posted by corneileous View Post
    So, what are you gonna do to change it?? Is there anything you literally can do? Other than saying phuck the system and risk going to jail over a pride thing? I'm not saying I'm happy with it being the way it is, I'm just saying I'm not going to b!tch and moan, whine and cry, cuss, and kick the dirt just because I have to buy an 85 dollar or so "permission slip" every 5 years. I refuse to engage in such argumentative discussion bitching about it.

So, as I said, as long as I still have my right to own and carry a gun, "permission slip" required or not, I really don't care. If you do, alright, then..lol.

And that's the problem. If nobody bitches about it then the only way that it will change is to get worse.

As the great parliamentarian Edmund Burke said, “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    And that's the problem. If nobody bitches about it then the only way that it will change is to get worse.
    Unfortunately, that's usually what it takes, is for things to have to get much, much worse in order for it to be changed.
    As the great parliamentarian Edmund Burke said, ďThe only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
    Yeah but, I don't think long, lengthy and argumentative discussions on web forums is what he had in mind.

11. It has to start somewhere, no?!
    If not here.... where?
    If not us, then who?

It men(?) like YOU who make it possible for the Guberment we have to behave in such a disgusting manner.
    Men like you who just want to be left alone. Men who don't want the bother of free thought...
    Yeah... because OF men like you, evil is allowed to flourish..

There can be no better paragraph to describe you and those like you...

"The real damage is done by those millions who want to 'survive.' The honest men who just want to be left in peace. Those who donít want their little lives disturbed by anything bigger than themselves. Those with no sides and no causes. Those who wonít take measure of their own strength, for fear of antagonizing their own weakness. Those who donít like to make wavesóor enemies. Those for whom freedom, honor, truth, and principles are only literature. Those who live small, mate small, die small. Itís the reductionist approach to life: if you keep it small, youíll keep it under control. If you donít make any noise, the bogeyman wonít find you. But itís all an illusion, because they die too, those people who roll up their spirits into tiny little balls so as to be safe. Safe?! From what? Life is always on the edge of death; narrow streets lead to the same place as wide avenues, and a little candle burns itself out just like a flaming torch does. I choose my own way to burn."
    Sophie Scholl