Why Do You Carry Concealed? - Page 19
Page 19 of 139 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969119 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Do You Carry Concealed?

I carry simply because it is a right as an American to do so. Self defense comes second on reasons why I carry I don't do it to feel big or speacial I do it because I can

I live in California. Concealed is my only option. Not that I'd prefer OC if it were available, but it's simply not legal.

Because I had a gun pulled on me, put to my temple, and was able to walk away...once. That was enough for me.

5. Quote Originally Posted by arkie45 View Post
    Because I had a gun pulled on me, put to my temple, and was able to walk away...once. That was enough for me.
    Something to think about, and I am really being serious with this question. Was the incident that you elude to one in which you carrying a concealed firearm would have changed?

For example, you're walking through the park and criminal comes out from behind a bush, sneaks up behind you, puts a gun to your head and wants you wallet. 1. Is a concealed gun going to change that? 2. Do we draw our gun and hope we can surprise the criminal enough to shoot him before he shoots us? 3. Do we give him our wallet and shoot him as he flees? 4. Do we reach for our wallet and throw it or drop it and hope to shoot the criminal if he attempts to retrieve it?
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

The Great State of Texas "Remember the Alamo"

Cool Why I Carry...

I believe that Law Abiding Citizens should carry because 'Criminals are carrying'.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by arkie45 View Post
    Something to think about, and I am really being serious with this question. Was the incident that you elude to one in which you carrying a concealed firearm would have changed?

For example, you're walking through the park and criminal comes out from behind a bush, sneaks up behind you, puts a gun to your head and wants you wallet. 1. Is a concealed gun going to change that? 2. Do we draw our gun and hope we can surprise the criminal enough to shoot him before he shoots us? 3. Do we give him our wallet and shoot him as he flees? 4. Do we reach for our wallet and throw it or drop it and hope to shoot the criminal if he attempts to retrieve it?
    I was in Memphis as a young sailor and couldn't have legally been carrying then. His SNS misfired and I ran. I am much more wise now at age 56. Today I am in constant assessment mode..not paranoid, just alert.

8. I carry open at home on my property and concealed whenever I travel. I live in a rural area and law enforcement could be 45 minutes away to respond to a 911 call. I had someone try to break in my door and they smashed a window on my wife's van. It was just after I had left for work my wife who was at home with my kids, called me to ask why I had returned home, which I hadn't. I was only 5 min away and called 911 and by the time I got there the perp. had already left. Too close. Now my wife carries too. This was prior to concealed, but would have been nice to have been able to carry. Could have been a lifesaver to me and my family. My wife did grab her 9mm.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Beltfed View Post
    I had someone try to break in my door and they smashed a window on my wife's van. It was just after I had left for work my wife who was at home with my kids, called me to ask why I had returned home, which I hadn't. I was only 5 min away and called 911 and by the time I got there the perp. had already left. Too close. Now my wife carries too.
    I had almost exactly the same situation happen to me in Oklahoma City. Left for work and five minutes later he/they kicked the front door in of my house. My three dogs chased them out.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

10. I own three rental properties and only except cash payments for rent since I have recieved bad checks in the past. All my tenants know I carry a gun and have a concealed weapons license here in Georgia. This I think prevents any one from trying to set me up for a robbery. Also I had a guy try to rob me at a gas station about 2 years ago. He came up to my open window and asked me if I had a light. I told him I didn't smoke and he said " Well what do you got". I pulled my Springfield XD 40 cal. and told him I had this with a few choice words added. The guy took off running.

11. To protect my family while avoiding alarming the uneducated.
    Aside from that, i too had a weapon pulled on me. The trigger was pulled but thankfully i only heard a click. The action was then worked and the trigger was pulled again on a chamber i assume was supposed to have a round in it.