Why Do You Carry Concealed? - Page 20
Page 20 of 139 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070120 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Do You Carry Concealed?

I carry concealed as part of my preparation to better protect myself and/or my loved ones while staying under the radar of the herd around me.

I carry for my FAMILY First! MY DUTY SECOND. I am not leo but work in an area where I have contact with perps , mopes and so on. And because of this ,I have at time's had some run ins with guys. Not all have been bad but acouple have had me worry about my familys safty.
    That is why I carry

4. I carry concealed for the same reasons many have expressed, to be prepared. I have a fire extinguisher in my home just in case, I carry a gun, just in case. The boy scout motto, be prepared and since the law allows me to carry concealed, I do. If I didn't and something happened to my family and I could have been prepared and wasn't, I couldn't live with my self. Also, a cop is just too heavy and besides, I don't own one. Wouldn't want to own a cop, I mean, what do you feed them? Most cops I know aren't house broken and they gripe when you try to stick 'em in a holster

Actually, my cop eats pretty much what I do, though he can be a bit picky at times. But it definitely would be inconvenient to drag him around everywhere I go (expensive upkeep too!), and even if it weren't he has a strong tendency to go off on his own much too often to be of much use to me as far as daily protection is concerned... :)

Prior to CCW, I got butt whipped during a robbery. It took a while to heal but I survived. From that day forward I swore to myself I would never be a victim again. In came the guns, training and a very strong desire to peacefully die an old man in my sleep.

During my trek to get where I am today I took on the responsibility of marriage and a child. What kind of man would I be if I didn't do everything possible to protect them? And of course the circle grew to include my dearest friends and their families. I'm saying I one of the sheep dog types but I do look out for me and mine because I know I can.

Plus, like the signature says, I too old to run and too young to die! Thanks for asking, Luke.
    To not stand against injustice is to stand for it.
    Don't confuse my personality and my attitude.
    My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

Because I can. I am a law abiding American

i carry concealed to protect my family, to keep a tactical advantage, because i can.

I'm not sure the meaning of your question. Why do I carry, or why do I carry concealed as compared to open carry. Obviously I carry for the protection of myself and my loved ones. Protection of others as well. The reason I carry Concealed is because if you just happen to get into a situation, you don't want to open carrying, because the bad guy see's you carrying, your the first to go. You lose the element of surprise. You can read many insidences where a Police officer or a armed guard is shot in an incedent. They open carry and the bad guy know's it. Their the first to go. Keep it concealed. Jerbear.

Quote Originally Posted by jerbear:255897
    I'm not sure the meaning of your question. Why do I carry, or why do I carry concealed as compared to open carry. Obviously I carry for the protection of myself and my loved ones. Protection of others as well. The reason I carry Concealed is because if you just happen to get into a situation, you don't want to open carrying, because the bad guy see's you carrying, your the first to go. You lose the element of surprise. You can read many insidences where a Police officer or a armed guard is shot in an incedent. They open carry and the bad guy know's it. Their the first to go. Keep it concealed. Jerbear.
    *kicks the dead horse and walks away* anybody else think this will spark another oc vs cc? Been a couple weeks now...

I carry for the protection of myself and my family. It's my right to do so.