Why Do You Carry Concealed? - Page 21
Page 21 of 139 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Do You Carry Concealed?

1. Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    *kicks the dead horse and walks away* anybody else think this will spark another oc vs cc? Been a couple weeks now...
    Did you notice jerbear is an instructor too!
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    I know there will be some who will suggest that the following YouTube vid is from a know-nothing, mental midget who...ahem...fancies himself some kind of tactical guru etc., but nutnfancy's "Sheepdog Concept" articulates well all of the reasons I have conceal-carried for the last 30+ years. Nutnfancy himself may well be a phony. I don't know him and don't "follow" him or his advice that doesn't already comport with my own philosophy of life, gun ownership and adherence to law etc. I found simpatico in the Sheepdog vid with him though, so there ya go.

In Alabama, open carry has been said to be legal, but as others have said, many LEOs seem to think they can make law up on the fly. I personally wouldn't OC even if it were widely accepted and mostly ignored by LE here. It draws attention, and I am careful not to draw attention to myself in that regard. I will always CC, except on my own property, which I hope to be a 20 acre or so homestead by the end of this year, but otherwise, I will always CC in public.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR:255967
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    *kicks the dead horse and walks away* anybody else think this will spark another oc vs cc? Been a couple weeks now...
    Did you notice jerbear is an instructor too!
    No I did not..posted that with my phone so I don't see the little tags under names...I'm not surprised though.

5. Conceal and proud.

As I said I carry 24/7 just because this country has gone to hell in a hat basket. As my uncle would say. So many have decided to take the easy road and rob and steal. Or drug users stealing to buy the next fix. I promised my wife and son as the man of the family to care and provide for them and most of all PROTECT them and my fellow man and neighbors. I carry a Beretta 9mm, and as back-up a Ruger .380 at all times.And at home there are heavier back-up. I'm no gun ho bad ass . Just a good ol boy in the country minding my own.

Well firefighterchen. I just joined USA Carry. Thanks for the smack down. Most new people to a forum, haven't looked at past post, so I don't know if this subject has been kick around or not. So excuse me if I am stepping on toes. I live in Iowa, so you can carry open or concealed. My choice is concealed. I am open to both methods of carry. When I teach a class, I recommend carrying concealed, for the reasons I stated earlier. Enough said. Jerry. Retired Professional Firefighter. 21 Years.

7. Nobody needs to know but me and my wife. Not even relatives can be trusted. It is not a safe friendly world.

1.I carry concealed because its my RIGHT to carry.
    2. I carry to protect myself my family .

I've carried for years, but just recently got my legal permit. Now as then, I carried to protect my wife, myself and my property. If I'd had to use it before I was legal, I'd just have had to deal with the situation as well as possible. G. Gordon Liddy used to say, "I'd rather be tried by twelve than carried by six." As soon as Colorado passed a "shall issue" bill, I applied for and received my permit in less than five weeks. I'm glad I've never had to use my carry weapon in self defense, but I assure you that I would have and will without hesitation. If you're not committed to use it if forced to, you shouldn't bother carrying. You're just wasting your energy and putting yourself in more jeopardy than if you didn't carry. Hesitation may allow your assailant an opportunity to take it away from you and use it on you.

10. Its my God giving right.!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jerbear:256875
    Well firefighterchen. I just joined USA Carry. Thanks for the smack down. Most new people to a forum, haven't looked at past post, so I don't know if this subject has been kick around or not. So excuse me if I am stepping on toes. I live in Iowa, so you can carry open or concealed. My choice is concealed. I am open to both methods of carry. When I teach a class, I recommend carrying concealed, for the reasons I stated earlier. Enough said. Jerry. Retired Professional Firefighter. 21 Years.
    No smack down intended...unless you are the dead horse. :-) we all have to start somewhere right? I don't mind if you step on toes, just be ready to have a good debate...especially if you are an instructor, instructing based of opinion and not real world statistics.
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson