Why Do You Carry Concealed? - Page 22
Page 22 of 139 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272122 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Do You Carry Concealed?

1. Quote Originally Posted by jerbear View Post
    Well firefighterchen. I just joined USA Carry. Thanks for the smack down. Most new people to a forum, haven't looked at past post, so I don't know if this subject has been kick around or not. So excuse me if I am stepping on toes. I live in Iowa, so you can carry open or concealed. My choice is concealed. I am open to both methods of carry. When I teach a class, I recommend carrying concealed, for the reasons I stated earlier. Enough said. Jerry. Retired Professional Firefighter. 21 Years.
    Don't pay any attention to Chen. He thinks he knows it all, AND IS JUST A WISE-ASS. Short on brains, long on mouth. Or as they say in Texas, "all hat and no cattle". He also has a few accomplices here too, Islander being one of them, who tries to give you the impression he speaks for all of South Carolina. Well, I'm from the same area as him, and I'll guarantee he doesn't speak for us around here.

Hang in there. There ARE some intelligent folks here with a good sense of humor, and good information. Unfortunately, like a lot of internet forums, there is some trash you have to sift through too. But for the most part, it's a good place.

Quote Originally Posted by GOV5:257221
    Quote Originally Posted by jerbear View Post
    Well firefighterchen. I just joined USA Carry. Thanks for the smack down. Most new people to a forum, haven't looked at past post, so I don't know if this subject has been kick around or not. So excuse me if I am stepping on toes. I live in Iowa, so you can carry open or concealed. My choice is concealed. I am open to both methods of carry. When I teach a class, I recommend carrying concealed, for the reasons I stated earlier. Enough said. Jerry. Retired Professional Firefighter. 21 Years.
    Don't pay any attention to Chen. He thinks he knows it all, AND IS JUST A WISE-ASS. Short on brains, long on mouth. Or as they say in Texas, "all hat and no cattle". He also has a few accomplices here too, Islander being one of them, who tries to give you the impression he speaks for all of South Carolina. Well, I'm from the same area as him, and I'll guarantee he doesn't speak for us around here.

Hang in there. There ARE some intelligent folks here with a good sense of humor, and good information. Unfortunately, like a lot of internet forums, there is some trash you have to sift through too. But for the most part, it's a good place.
    Ad hominem, you might get father in this forum if you argue points and not people...that's why you receive so much flak from so many other forum members.

Curious though...I don't recall ever being in all of the sub forums, or ever stating I know everything in all the sub forums, where did you come up with that conclusion? I reserve myself to primarily open carry and pit bulls, if you want to bash those you will hear from me. If you are going to cry about it, Navy has a box of tissues for you.
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

4. I carry for the same reason most people in this thread do, to protect me and my family. OC is legal here in VA without any permits to carry but I choose to conceal carry because I feel while it might be a deterrent for most to attack/rob me there are those few that might be brave enough to try and take my gun anyways and I would much rather avoid that.

5. I'm not interested in "getting farther" in this forum, or any other forum. I do argue points, not people...normally. You might want to take a little of your own medicine. All have seen from you is attack stuff, and having your nose up Navy's butt...your sidekick of the same genre. Both of you only exist to cause trouble. I've been here a lot longer than you, AND I'LL BE HERE AFTER YOU'RE GONE.

I love you keyboard cowboys who think just owning a gun makes you tough, and you do it from the safety of your computer. If you were standing in front of me, you wouldn't talk like that...for very long.

It's your right to possess/own a firearm, it's privilege to carry. How many people have actually read the second amendment in it's entirety? If it was our RIGHT to carry, we wouldn't have to APPLY for a permit to do so. I carry to protect myself and my family.
    Sic vis pacem, para bellum

7. Quote Originally Posted by RJ_Whitlock View Post
    It's your right to possess/own a firearm, it's privilege to carry. How many people have actually read the second amendment in it's entirety?
    The 2nd Amendment that I read has keep and bear in the same sentence joined by "and". Keep - to possess. Bear - to carry. How can one be a right and the other a privilege when they are right next to each other in the same sentence with only one word in between them, "and"?

If government RECOGNIZED our preexisting RIGHT to carry a firearm, we would not have to apply for a permit to do so.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

I am not sure if some of the folks posting here even own a weapon let alone carry one. How about the nice holsters Bianchi makes?
    Just picked one up nice and comfortable inside the belt for a good Cc.

Btw. Happy Friday to all who enjoy shooting the guns they own at a range or sandpit of their choice over the weekend. Have fun and see you all at work bright and early Monday morning.

Quote Originally Posted by GOV5 View Post
    I'm not interested in "getting farther" in this forum, or any other forum. I do argue points, not people...normally. You might want to take a little of your own medicine. All have seen from you is attack stuff, and having your nose up Navy's butt...your sidekick of the same genre. Both of you only exist to cause trouble. I've been here a lot longer than you, AND I'LL BE HERE AFTER YOU'RE GONE.

I love you keyboard cowboys who think just owning a gun makes you tough, and you do it from the safety of your computer. If you were standing in front of me, you wouldn't talk like that...for very long.
    It's obvious you do not want to further yourself or this forum, beyond personal attacks against multiple people. Please, quote me where I have "attacked stuff". The only one with a threatening demeanor is you, and I mean it quite literally with lines like your last sentence. I do speak to people the same way I post here, and I have been complimented both on here and in person for the stance and attitude I carry. Join date 50 days prior to mine, that's a lot longer? Well seeing as how I am not leaving this site, I guess you will just have to deal with this cowboy. Navy seems to have an even larger following, so it seems there are a lot of members of this forum "only here to cause trouble," you will have to deal with.

To relate this all back to the OP. Why do I carry? Concealed or otherwise? To save life, be it self defense or defense of another, because there are bad people in this world. People like GOV5 who think its ok to threaten and harm others.

Patient: GOV5
    Clinical Impression: Projection.

11. New guy here!!!

Why do I ccw?

Because cops are too heavy and when seconds count LE is only minuets away.