Why Do You Carry Concealed? - Page 24
Page 24 of 139 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474124 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Do You Carry Concealed?

First and foremost to protect myself, secondly to protect my family , last but not least because it's my right

3. For several reasons... but primarily I have been assaulted (mugged) in the past and I refuse to be a victim. Remember, the police aren't there when you need protection... just to file the report and attempt to catch the perpetrator.
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Primary CCW - Springfield Armory .45 Ultra Compact

Quote Originally Posted by GOV5:260182
    Quote Originally Posted by Warbirds View Post
    Im sorry I missed this. I think I have a new favorite quote. Its like the whole chicken and the egg thing. Did he become a gun toating keyboard cowboy before or after he threatened Chen? Have to think about that, or get a labotamy to understand this guy. His threat sounds like the clickity click of a keyboard to me.

Either way, dirt bags and people like this guy are why I carry.
    Chen was the first to attack me, because I said something he just didn't agree with. Sounds like since I stopped reading daily, and came back to respond to a post , a little group of punks have inhabited the place. Fellows, it isn't just YOUR forum. Too bad you don't like me, but I don't want to fit into your little group. Punks like y'all give gun owners/carriers a bad image.
    I went back and read what Chen said, he in no way attacked you. YOU brought up the OC vs CC issue. He commented that the issue had been kicked to death and still not resolved. If you were active on the site you would know that.

You are the one that flipped your gourd and started insulting, calling names and threatening. You need to get your panties out of a wad and understand that if you are going to insult people that actually participate and help others you are going to have to put on some big boy underwear. No one here is going to hold your hand and cuddle you until you stop sobbing.
    Time to add FireMarshall Bill to the block list.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    More lies and name calling. I take it back, you dont want to futher this forum or yourself, that's not enough...you want to drag it backwards.

Here, have a tissue!

Quote Originally Posted by GOV5:260506
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    More lies and name calling. I take it back, you dont want to futher this forum or yourself, that's not enough...you want to drag it backwards.

Here, have a tissue!
    Lol I'm good thank you. Run along now.
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

I carry for the same reason I wear a seatbelt.....in case I need it. I never want to be in a car wreck, but if I am I will be glad the seatbelt was there to save my life, jsut as I never want to use my weapon in a defensive measure, but if I should need to, I will be glad it was there to save my or someone elses life.

8. I carry for protection of my family. Several houses in my neighborhood were robbed recently (including my inlaws while they were sleeping). Im so happy Wisconsin finally got concealed carry. I carry all the time even in the house. You never know!

9. Quote Originally Posted by slygeorge60 View Post
    Im so happy Wisconsin finally got concealed carry. I carry all the time even in the house. You never know!
    What was keeping you from carrying before WI got concealed carry?
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

I have been disabled for the past 15 years and, without a gun, I would be defenseless against an attacker. I refuse to be a victim and know that the police will arrive to my distress call about 30 minutes late. So I carry a defensive pistol always. Normally I carry a Colt Defender (.45 ACP) but in the summer when concealment is difficult, I carry a Colt Mustang Pocketlite (.380 Auto) in my pocket and filled with Hornady Critical Defense ammo. It weighs only 12.5 ounces empty versus 22.5 ounces for the Colt Defender and is much smaller. I like the fact that the Pocketlite handles and functions almost identically to the 1911 with the exception of a grip safety. So the manual of arms is identical. I tried carrying a Colt revolver (Detective Special) in an ankle holster but never felt comfortable with it. Plus, because of my disability, it is difficult to quickly access a gun strapped to my ankle.
    NRA Life Member, US Army Veteran - 95 Bravo
    "A recent police study found that you're much more likely to get shot by a fat cop if you run." - Dennis Miller

I carry to protect my family and myself, we have been having a rise in crime.