Why Do You Carry Concealed? - Page 25
Page 25 of 139 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575125 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Do You Carry Concealed?

Why do I carry? I am 52 years old and not getting any younger. Like it or not, my fighting and running abilities are not what they used to be, not that they were much before. We live in a world that seems to be increasingly more violent, from psycopaths to gangs, and everything in between. I feel a bit safer carrying an equilizer. I hope that I will never need it, but as many have said on any forum where the subject comes up, "better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it". I am new to personal carry (concealed carry)and one of the reasons I am on this forum is to learn. Sure I can learn localy, but why limit myself? I carry to protect myself and my family against the vermin.

3. Why I carry?

I am still new to concealed carry. I have had my CHL in Texas for 3 years now, and have carried many different guns and holsters, from 1911 full size to small frame, .45 to small 9mm. I have bought and carried about 9 different guns, but find the best to carry, in my opinion of course, is the Glock. The reason I carry is to protect my self and my wife (we are both in our 60's now, so physical strength and speed have greatly diminished). There are more and more desperate wolves out there because of job loss or just plain evilness. The court system is very lenient and early release is common. The bad guys no longer fear punishment. We are responsible for our own safety, so this is why I carry.

It's better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

Because i cant open carry..

6. great question

Its better to have your seatbelt on in case a crash happens, rather than not be prepared at all. I think this is sometimes answered on a whim but, to those who won't carry or don't want to its much harder, to think of a reason to do it. We need to continue to spread the word of why we do not just on here but, everywhere and, to everyone!

[Work late at night,and times are gettin were you always have to be on your game. It is a same but I feel better and my wife feels better. She even asks me are you carrying? .FONT=Arial Black][/FONT]

Exclamation Why Not!

I am a competitive gunner, bullseye, cowboy, smallbore, trap, other.
    I go to matches locally, statewide, and nationally.
    I ride motorcycle around the country.
    It is only natural to want to carry.
    I am getting older, the world is getting uglier, and i feel protection will become more and more important.

I am brand new to CCW and I now wonder why I waited. It feels incredible to know you are exercising your 2nd Amendment rights and are self reliant in your personal protection.

10. New to CCW

Quote Originally Posted by ajr2820 View Post
    I am brand new to CCW and I now wonder why I waited. It feels incredible to know you are exercising your 2nd Amendment rights and are self reliant in your personal protection.
    I couldn't agree with you more. I'm fairly new to CCW, had it for little more than a year, but now it's as natural as picking up my wallet and keys before going out.
    I've only lived in a state that allows CCW for about 5 years... and I too wonder why I waited those 4 years!

11. Quote Originally Posted by roadmap View Post
    I am a competitive gunner, bullseye, cowboy, smallbore, trap, other.
    I go to matches locally, statewide, and nationally.
    I ride motorcycle around the country.
    It is only natural to want to carry.
    I am getting older, the world is getting uglier, and i feel protection will become more and more important.
    What bike do you use for touring to those events? Right now, I have two; Harley Road King and Triumph Sprint ST.