Why Do You Carry Concealed? - Page 26
Page 26 of 139 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676126 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Do You Carry Concealed?

Not really sure why.....................maybe because I was a Boy Scout. Or.......... sticks and stones will break my bones, but words will never harm me.
    Even though I walk through the valley of the Shadow of Death, I will fear no Evil, for YOU are with me; Remington 44 Mag:

I carry because I have a lot to live for, I have a new house, a wonderful wife, and three little kids and I will kill anyone that tries to take any of my family away from me. I am also involved in an inter racial family and even in this day and age people both white and black hate seeing inter racial families. I'm white and the wife is African American. There are people out there, especially in Phoenix that will kill you for simply looking at them wrong, let alone being in a relationship a lot of people do not care for. I have suggested to other mixed couples and even gay friends that they carry to defend themselves from hate crimes.

Hey Capt, Why do you refere to yourself as "white" and your wife as"African American"?
    You are American, I assume and your wife is 1/2 American.
    Just what country, in the continant of Africa, did she come from?
    I'm not being a smarty or anything but, some people of color are not of African desent.
    I was in South Africa, several years ago, shooting/hunting. Very few people of color were there.
    Still the continant of Africa, is not all people of color. As the continant Europe, is not all white people. If you are worried about being attacked for that reason, move or darken your thin skin.
    My 4 grandsons, are non whites. I do not worry about some butt head harming them and I walk proudly with them.
    I carry to keep my butt alive and will stop any threat towards my family.
    Are we not all humans?
    MICHAEL

Three reasons, I suppose: One, I don't want to upset any of the many tourists who always seem to be around NEPA and, plainly, don't understand Pennsylvania's gun laws or, for the matter, the mentality of numerous Pennsylvania gun owners. Two, I don't want to draw undue attention to myself; and, three, if I should ever actually need to draw (and fire) my weapon I want my presentation to come as a complete surprise to the target. (Instead of the other way around!)

6. Arc Angel, I admire you for using good judgment about carrying concealed.

Quote Originally Posted by GOV5 View Post
    Arc Angel, I admire you for using good judgment about carrying concealed.
    Thank you! Mine is not the popular local opinion; but it's reassuring to see there are now at least two of us who think alike!

8. Being a small person, I've had a lot of people choose me as the one to brutalize... That being said I have children at home that would need defending if someone ever dared to break into my home or accost me on the streets. Both my husband and I carry for our own self protections and that of our family. I need to exercise my rights as an upstanding citizen because the criminals don't stop carrying just because the law tells them not to, so I'm going to carry to at least level the battle ground.

I carry concealed because I have been so far unable to find an invisible gun.
    Better to perish in the struggle for freedom than live to see defeat. There ARE things to be feared more than death. The fyrd is a Constitutional imperative.

I carry because there are too many criminal maggots that are on the street. My wife has been attacked and robbed and our house has been robbed. The incident with my wife, she was alone and didn't carry at the time. Had she been, one less maggot on the street. The incident with my house, no one was home. So what did I do about these incidents... I got my wife into an NRA sponsored "Girls and Guns" class and she carries a P238. What did I do about my house? I got an alarm system when I'm not home.

So the question, why do I carry? To give myself better odds against being a victim... same reason I got the security system.

Living in Texas, I carry concealed because open carry is illegal except in extremely limited situations. Believing in the right of self defense, I have always carried whatever legal protection I have had available - knife, shotgun, rifle, pepper spray, etc. I am so grateful for all the recent changes in Texas law that have removed idiotic restrictions and made it possible for law abitding citizens to protect themselves from the ever-increasing risks of those who have no respect for the law nor the sanctity of human life.