Why Do You Carry Concealed? - Page 30
Page 30 of 139 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080130 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Do You Carry Concealed?

I haven't needed it in civilian life and hope I never need to. I also hope to never need my spare tire cause its a pain to get to although its there too.

3. To protect my family and myself. Being Military, if I am to defend and uphold The Constitution (with my life if necessary), I'm damn sure gonna exercise what is MINE, what's left of it at least.

I believe in the old saying, "Its better to have a gun and not need it, than to need a gun and not have it!"

5. I carry to feel that I can protect myself if the need happens .

Flanmedic51 Guest
    I had never given a thought to carrying a weapon until I started having kids. Call it denial, ignorance or unawareness....whatever. I think it was the thought that if anything was to ever happen to me or my family and I was unable to effectively defend us, I would never be able to live with myself. I've always been a decent shooter, weapon enthusiast and grew up with an assortment of handguns and long-guns. So why not get my CWP and carry? Well, I did. I carry everyday and its become just a natural element to my everyday garb. I carry concealed because I believe in a practical, low profile application of carrying a weapon. It works for me and my family.

Simple

It's really simple: because God has entrusted me with the care of the lives of my family members, as well as with the care of those whom He brings into my sphere of influence. A concealed weapon, as well as the ability to use it carefully and accurately, help me fulfill this sacred privilege and responsibility.

8. I carry concealed because I never ever want to find myself in the position of the victim again.

Once upon a time I had to suffer through an unscrupulous man repeatedly trapping me and doing things to me that I did not want. I was a teenager at the time, grew up in a family of intellectuals who will never understand. They didn't teach me how to protect myself. They apparently think it's morally wrong to resist an attack.

The thing is, you can't even begin to stick up for yourself unless you ultimately have the power to enforce your stance. I couldn't struggle against that guy because I had less power than he did, and that was the end of that. Ultimately he was going to win.

Now I carry a gun, and it gives me the freedom to insist upon my safety. If insisting fails to change my attacker's mind, I know I still don't have to put up with being a victim. I have a last-ditch option.

I've come to believe that it's wrong to rely on others for my protection. I was born with this life and this body; I believe very strongly that I have free will; and this being so, there's no other person alive who has the responsibility for ME. If I were to give up my responsibility, I would be giving up my freedom. So yes, I have a husband who'd love to protect me at all times, but it's not his job. Only I will always be there when the bad things happen to me...so I have to rely on myself.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Arc Angel View Post
    Of all places to get asked this question - New Orleans! Why? ....... Why? Duh! I definitely wouldn't be answering this question, right now, if I did NOT carry concealed. (Where are we supposed to be, anyway - Disneyland?)

PS: I've owned and trained honest-to-goodness Pit Bulldogs for more than 40 years - Long before the God-damned organized news media discovered the breed back in 1987. A Pit Bulldog once saved my life! Consequently, I get really pissed off whenever some witless gullible TV watcher takes it upon himself to foolishly disparage the breed. If I've seen members of the general public misidentify Pit Bulldogs once, I've seen it a hundred times. 'Pit Bull' has become the popular generic term for any large canine that ever bites anyone.
    Some of the sweetest, most gentle dogs I've known have been Pit Bulls!

I conceal carry to protect my wife, myself and all I have worked so hard for. I strongly feel, being a military vet of 24 years, it is STILL my responsibility to uphold and defend the Constitution and the American way of life!!!

The Great State of Texas "Remember the Alamo"
    Quote Originally Posted by Pistoleer Pastor View Post
    It's really simple: because God has entrusted me with the care of the lives of my family members, as well as with the care of those whom He brings into my sphere of influence. A concealed weapon, as well as the ability to use it carefully and accurately, help me fulfill this sacred privilege and responsibility.
    Very well said sir! :)
    Fascist's are Magicians...They can make our Property, our Freedom's & even our Children 'Disappear'.
    ~Outlaw~