Why Do You Carry Concealed? - Page 31
Page 31 of 139 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181131 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Do You Carry Concealed?

Quote Originally Posted by Pistoleer Pastor View Post
    It's really simple: because God has entrusted me with the care of the lives of my family members, as well as with the care of those whom He brings into my sphere of influence. A concealed weapon, as well as the ability to use it carefully and accurately, help me fulfill this sacred privilege and responsibility.
    Man this is right on...

Actually, God doesn't entrust you with the protection of your family. It's your DUTY, because you assumed that responsibility.

It's like being in the military — the government doesn't ENTRUST you with protecting your nation and the Constitution, as if you had a choice in defending your nation and Constitution. Once you step into the military, once you assume the responsibility, your choice-making days are OVER. Defending your nation and Constitution is now your DUTY, and you do it until you die.

Same thing with stepping into your marriage and parenthood, your choice-making days are OVER, and this is now your DUTY for the rest of your life.

Now, exactly HOW you decide to protect your family is certainly your choice. But owning and using a firearm is your RIGHT, under the Constitution. No, it's not a privilege, it's not something your Central Government ALLOWS you to do — owning and bearing arms is your right OUTSIDE of the Central Government's purview.

And there's a reason for that. It's because we can't trust our Central Government, and the Founders knew that. Once you start handing over your gun rights to the government, they'll TAKE 'EM ALL. That's why there's over 23,000 local, state and federal gun laws on the books right now, and more than a few of them are straight-up UNCONSTITUTIONAL.

That's why anti-gunners such as Eric Holder say that the Central Government must "brainwash the public against guns."

Make no mistake, the Central Government INTENDS to take your guns, and I don't care WHAT party is in power in Washington. The Central Government INTENDS to kill the Second Amendment; and, ultimately, they INTEND to eliminate and replace the U.S. Constitution with an anti-gun, anti-Liberty Global Constitution.

I carry a concealed weapon today NOT because anybody has entrusted me with gun ownership, but because it's my Constitutional RIGHT and my DUTY to the Constitution to carry it.

We, as gun owners, MUST have a noble sense of duty to America and to our American RIGHTS; and we MUST be ready to use our firearms for the purpose the Founders intended.

Read more at www.ZeskoWhirligan.com
    A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State,
    the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

TOXIC REIGN: Reclaim Our Future

4. This probably isn't a popular opinion, but I don't think God wants us to carry guns. God probably doesn't want there to be a REASON for us to carry guns. There are many reasons to carry, though, so we do. Nothing wrong with it. I'm just saying I doubt God likes guns.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit4earth View Post
    This probably isn't a popular opinion, but I don't think God wants us to carry guns. God probably doesn't want there to be a REASON for us to carry guns. There are many reasons to carry, though, so we do. Nothing wrong with it. I'm just saying I doubt God likes guns.
    Well, if you read the Bible, you know differently. When Christ was considered a REBEL and a WANTED MAN, he told his disciples that Satan was out to GET THEM and that their path would be filled with adversity and turmoil, and that fulfilling the prophecies about Christ would very soon require WEAPONS that would be more important to them than CLOTHING or their other personal property. Verbatim, Christ said:

"Just as my Father has granted me a Kingdom, I now grant you the right, so that you may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel."

And the Lord said, "Simon, Simon, behold, Satan has asked to sift each of you like wheat. But I have pleaded in prayer for you, Simon, that your faith should not fail. So when you have repented and turned to me again, strengthen your brothers."

Peter said, "Lord, I am ready to go to prison with you, and even to die with you!"

But Jesus said, "Peter, let me tell you something. Before the rooster crows tomorrow morning, you will deny three times that you even know me."

Then Jesus asked them, "When I sent you out to preach the Good News and you did not have money, a traveler's bag, or an extra pair of sandals, did you need anything?"

"No," they replied.

"But now," he said, "take your money and a traveler's bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one! For the time has come for this prophecy about me to be fulfilled: 'He was counted among the rebels.' Yes, everything written about me by the prophets will come true."

"Look, Lord," they replied, "we have two swords among us."

"That's enough," he said.

(Gospel of Luke)

This was no mere bit of metaphor, as many pacifists claim. Christ INTENDED that his disciples be armed, and they DID draw blood very shortly thereafter in defense of Christ.

In Christ's time, swords WERE the high-tech personal weapon of choice, and not everyone could afford them in the same way that GUNS are the high-tech personal weapon of choice today, although not everyone can afford them.

The point is that CHRIST HIMSELF advised that LETHAL WEAPONS were not only advisable but were NECESSARY.

Here endeth the lesson.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter007 View Post
    Did they get your gun?
    I would hope, considering he obviously survived a gunshot in the back, that he was still able to draw and throw a little Teflon downrange on his assailants.

I know this, no holdup man would ever walk away with my gun.

The only time my gun was ever stolen, I came home from work and saw the FRONT WINDOW of my house WIDE OPEN, and the living room ransacked. The intruders tore out my VCR and threw it on the floor, rather than stealing it. In fact, the ONLY THING stolen was my Ruger Security Six 357 Magnum, which was HIDDEN in a peculiar location.

The LEOs on the scene correctly surmised that the perp had to be somebody I KNEW, who KNEW the hidden location of my wheel gun, and who TRIED to make it look like a random burglary.

Sure enough, it turned out to be an acquaintance of an acquaintance of mine who broke into my house expressly to steal my handgun.

Yeah, he was apprehended, his stash of stolen firearms were recovered, and I eventually got my Ruger back (a year later, after it was released from Evidence in the case).

Lesson learned? DO NOT share private information about your home defense with casual acquaintances. Suspect EVERYONE.

I carry a firearm, because I feel it's the responsible thing to do. I love my family and friends, and I care about protecting the innocent. Not the criminal.

8. Picked up the CWFL years ago for the convenience. Started carrying religiously about 6 months ago when I set off the neighbor's burglar alarm and officers arrived 20-30 minutes later (I had permission/key/alarm code, just couldn't figure out the alarm panel.)

The joys of living out in the country.

It's simple. My NY state license is for concealed carry only. (I can hunt with open carry, however, so long as I have the state license)
    Jim Page

Cogito, ergo armatum sum

I carry simply to take charge and responsibility of my and my loved ones safety if the need should ever arise.

11. I carry a weapon to protect myself and my family. Also to protect ones who are threathened by deadly force and need help.