Why Do You Carry Concealed? - Page 40
Page 40 of 139 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Do You Carry Concealed?

The main reason I carry is because I paid $121.00 to get my permit. So now I have the right to carry and will do so.

3. Quote Originally Posted by meatsandwich View Post
    The main reason I carry is because I paid $121.00 to get my permit. So now I have the right to carry and will do so.
    If you had the right to carry, you would not have had to pay the state $121 for their permission in order to do so. What you have is a membership card into a privileged, elite club who has the state's permission to carry a gun.

This is part of the problem we face as gun owners as a whole - some have come to believe the propaganda that the government and anti-gun groups are pushing down our throats - "A permit is just reasonable regulation." No.... the requirement to pay for a permit and obtain the state's permission to do something takes away the right and turns it into a privilege that only those with enough money and, in some states, favor with the issuing authority can engage in.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

4. I carry for personal protection. I have owned guns for a long time and with the changes in our society I feel it is better to be protected and never need it then to need and not be protected.

wow sorry about your brother i agree keep your weapon loaded and readily available if possible

I carry concealed because it is my God given and Second Amendment right to do so. I carry because I want to be able to protect myself and my family from those who would do harm to us. I carry because I see on a daily basis what evil people are capable of. I carry because I would rather have my weapon on me, and not need it, than need it and not have it.

7. I carry because of a experience I had years ago off roading . I could have lost my vehicle to some guys on a deserted road late one night. I've said I never want to feel that helpless again. Plus I would give my life to protect my family and grand children from harm , we all live in dangerous times.

8. I carry because it's not convenient to haul around a police officer with me.

9. I don't carry yet. Taking my CC course this weekend and then I will be applying for my permit. I just don't intend on becoming a victim, at least not without having a fighting chance of defending myself or my loved ones. The courts and the penal system are broken and can't keep criminals in check so we have to put our own kind of fear into them.

Because I can!!

11. I carry because of my wife and 2 kids. Although the idea of having to go through a bureaucratic government process to perform what was already guaranteed us by the Constitution and the Articles of Confederation still galls me.
    "A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves"

Page 40 of 139 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast