Why Do You Carry Concealed? - Page 41
Page 41 of 139 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Do You Carry Concealed?

1. I'm a single mom and feel that I am in charge of my safety as well as my daughters, being armed makes me feel prepared and that I have the ability to defend us if the need should arise.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    If you had the right to carry, you would not have had to pay the state $121 for their permission in order to do so. What you have is a membership card into a privileged, elite club who has the state's permission to carry a gun.

This is part of the problem we face as gun owners as a whole - some have come to believe the propaganda that the government and anti-gun groups are pushing down our throats - "A permit is just reasonable regulation." No.... the requirement to pay for a permit and obtain the state's permission to do something takes away the right and turns it into a privilege that only those with enough money and, in some states, favor with the issuing authority can engage in.
    Absolutely correct. Imagine if you had to pay $121 and get a permit from the government to exercise your right to free speech. Or to engage in the religion of your choice. The 2nd Amendment is just like the First amendment. You shouldn't need some bureaucrat's OK to exercise it.

I have been carrying concealed for almost 30 years and have yet to find the need to pull my weapon. There have been a few times I have broken up fights, etc. but never pulled my weapon. Should the need arise though, to protect my family, help a law enforcement officer who is down, whatever the case may be, I know I have it available.

5. Mostly I carry a Kahr p380 in a FIST pocket holster but if I think I may need something heavier, then I carry a S&W M&P 40C.

Carry concealed because I'm at church. Or maybe, my wife dragged me into a mall.
    Quote Originally Posted by DCkilla View Post
    I open carry because the "element of surprise" is just a pipe dream.

For my personal protection.
    Gandalfdjh -The Old Wizzard of Tech/Firearms
    "I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it." - Clint Eastwood

I really just bought my gun for home defense. But as a new gun owner getting a permit to carry seems like the responsible thing to do. If nothing else I don't have to worry about the legalities of how I transport my firearm and ammo when I go to the range or take the family camping. But since I will have it, I will probably carry for extra protection when I do private security work over the summer. The only downside of that being that I will occasionally have to cross the border in to Nevada which will require that I stow my gun since I'm getting a Utah ccw.

Well, DCKilla, you're NOT supposed to carry concealed in church, that's breaking the law and I wouldn't admit it in a public forum, if I were you. There are certain places, you will recall from CCW training, where you CANNOT carry a concealed weapon. A church is one of them.
    A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State,
    the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

TOXIC REIGN: Reclaim Our Future

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Chitty View Post
    I really just bought my gun for home defense. But as a new gun owner getting a permit to carry seems like the responsible thing to do. If nothing else I don't have to worry about the legalities of how I transport my firearm and ammo when I go to the range or take the family camping. But since I will have it, I will probably carry for extra protection when I do private security work over the summer. The only downside of that being that I will occasionally have to cross the border in to Nevada which will require that I stow my gun since I'm getting a Utah ccw.
    Hey, Mark, do you have a Concealed Carry badge? Of course, they're not official, but they're high-quality police-style badges that you can flash in a situation — you know, when the police arrive on the scene and you're holding a subject at gunpoint, you WANT to be able to flash something that looks official so you don't get shot. It's not impersonating an officer, as some critics try to characterize it. I carry an ID wallet with my CCW and a CCW Badge, but I don't flash it around. I've showed it to two police officers here in town, and they are totally cool with it.

Oh, and NO, I'm not selling the things or in the business.
    A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State,
    the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

TOXIC REIGN: Reclaim Our Future

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Chitty View Post

Nevada has an open carry policy. You do not need a permit, but the firearm must be worn outside your clothing. If you are doing private security work that sometimes has you crossing into Nevada, it seems as if you have three choices: a) don't carry at all (or stow your firearm... you may carry loaded in your vehicle as long as it is not being concealed on your person); b) carry openly when going to NV; or c) apply for a CCW from a state NV honors since NV does not issue permits to those living out of state since 2001 (AK, AR, KS, LA, MI, MO, NE, NM, NC, OH, TN, and WV currently).

Good luck to you.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Page 41 of 139 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast