Why Do You Carry Concealed? - Page 42
Page 42 of 139 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Do You Carry Concealed?

I carry because it is my right. I carry because I live in a high crime area and I don't want to take any chances. I have carried concealed now for 6 years and don't intend to quit any time soon. I think if every one that was qualified to carry did the crime rate would be way down.

3. I carry because simply stated...its my right to do so.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2

4. Quote Originally Posted by Charles Austin Miller View Post
    Well, DCKilla, you're NOT supposed to carry concealed in church, that's breaking the law and I wouldn't admit it in a public forum, if I were you. There are certain places, you will recall from CCW training, where you CANNOT carry a concealed weapon. A church is one of them.
    How do you know what state DCKilla is from? Perfectly legal to carry in churches in my state, openly with or without a CPL and concealed with a CPL.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

5. Hi all, first post here...I carry because I refuse to allow myself or those I love to be the victim of some useless scum. I know carrying a gun does not replace awareness and common sense, but goes hand in hand with them.

I carry for self and family protection and because it is my right.

Well, perhaps I'm assuming too much in DCKilla's case because he has no profile, but I FIGURED (from his screen name) that he was from the District of Columbia, one of the most anti-gun communities in the United States.

What state ARE you in, Navy? Idaho? Montana?
    A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State,
    the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

TOXIC REIGN: Reclaim Our Future

I grew up with guns but lived in California much of my life. Now that I live in a state that supports carrying concealed, it is nice to have it available for any situation that might come up. There are too many instances in the news of people opening up on crowds or at different social events where no one was able to take down the madman until he shoots himself.

I am 65 and in a wheelchair. (Viet Nam injury), and I have been approached twice, i9n a gas station and a shopping mall parking lot. I carry because I must. Being with my wife does not bother bad guys.

I carry due to all the out of state work travel that I do alone and carry around home to protect myself and family.

I read a lot of what-ifs. I read a lot of "I would do this" ...

Seventeen years ago yesterday, a 14 year old gang banger changed my life. He fired 3 shots during an attempted robbery, and put 3 bullet holes in me, with his last shot at point blank range. Luckily, it was only a .25 caliber. The entire episode was over in less than 30 seconds.

Flight was my decision ... get description ... and lucked upon police within 2 blocks of being shot. Medical attention (ambulance service) was within another block.

I read a lot of conjecture here ... but, until TSHF it is just that - conjecture. Prepare, practice, use good SA, and ALWAYS CARRY when it is legal.

Fourteen year old was certified as an adult and spent 15 years in prison. I recovered and settled with workman's comp.

Today, I live and work in a safer area, but, like AMEX, I don't leave home without it (my concealed weapon).
    sent from my sending device

Page 42 of 139 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast