Why Do You Carry Concealed? - Page 45
Page 45 of 139 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Do You Carry Concealed?

Why do I carry a concealed sidearm?

It's good for my mental health, and since my cancer surgery, I can't carry over 10 pounds, so that eliminates carrying a cop everywhere I go. Besides, I and I alone am responsible for my safety, along with my families safety.

3. To protect myself and my family...duh.

Why did I get my conceal permit and carry? Protection was the #1 reason. What motivated me to do it was my job. I realized the trip I take every two weeks from San Antonio to Houston is more dangerous than I had realized. The I-10 corridor is a drug trafficking, human trafficking, and human smuggling corridor. Bad guys arrive in San Antonio from the south, from Mexico, from the west from El Paso, New Mexico, and Arizona, and east, from Houston, as the money and weapons head back to those locations.
    I do not expect, nor hope, to ever need to put my permit to use, but, I feel better knowing that I have more control over situations, and less likely that I will become a victim.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. -- Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Austin Miller View Post
    Well, Sarge, did you ever have to DRAW DOWN on any one? I know plenty of people who went through WWII and Korea without ever drawing down on another human being. My dad, for instance, killed Japanese with a Kabar knife in the South Pacific, never killed anyone with a firearm. He taught me how to use a KNIFE before he ever taught me about guns.
    To reply to your question, yes more times then I like to remember. I was involved in no less then 13 shootings in my 25 year career in the Police Department. This is with over 22 years as a SWAT team member in charge of the Sniper unit and as the Co Commander of the team for awhile. And before you ask another question, yes I have put some scumbags down and drawn blood on more then one occasion. Have you.
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Austin Miller:308916
    Quote Originally Posted by taurus382 View Post
    Awareness of your surroundings is essential, but thinking you can outdraw and rack a slide against an assailant who already has his weapon out is ludicrous.
    Never apologize for common sense, Taurus. We're on the same page.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Austin Miller:308260
    Quote Originally Posted by TexChap View Post
    If you don't trust your carry gun enough to carry it with a round chambered, GET A NEW CARRY GUN!
    If you don't trust your gun? Come on, boy... You should be able to reach, draw, rack the slide, and be ON your target in 1 second, which SHOULD BE all you need to stop an assailant 21 feet away, BEFORE he hammers your face into the pavement. If you don't have the reflexes, and you're not OBSERVANT, you shouldn't be carrying in the first place. One in the chamber AINT gonna save your ass.
    So which is it? It seems you are not on the same page at all.

What do you do when they are within 21 feet? Say, 1 foot when you turn a corner?
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

7. I feel there is no need for everyone to know that I am carrying a gun unless they are threatening me or my family. Until then it is no ones business.

8. I carry Concealed because it is my right and I feel much safer ith my side arm. Once I start a family Id need to be able to protect them if needed.

9. I carry because I travel quite a bit for my job, and to protect our family.

I spend a lot of time in cities/places I am not familiar with and do not want to become a victim.

11. This is one of the best arguments for the 2nd Amendment that I have ever encountered. Thank you from an Army Vet.

Page 45 of 139 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595 ... LastLast