Why Do You Carry Concealed? - Page 48
Page 48 of 139 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Do You Carry Concealed?

SC law allows the CWP carrier to forego the check, considering that it was done for the permit. A lot of LEOs here, who can carry anywhere, anytime (iiuc), still get a CWP so they can forego the check at each gun purchase from an LGS.

Yep, otherwise even they have to be checked each time.
    "Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms, as the blackest." - Mahatma Gandhi

The NCIC check is by phone and it takes about five minutes and I am out the door as well.

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesMorrison View Post
    The NCIC check is by phone and it takes about five minutes and I am out the door as well.
    Consider this post your NCIC check for this site. The mental instability displayed in that post should put you out the door here too.
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Condition one

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Austin Miller View Post

Also, you shouldn't be walking around with one in the chamber, ESPECIALLY if your semi-auto is a Glock. All the Glock's safety features are internal, and it's JUST WAITING for your fingertip on the trigger. You read about cases all the time of some guy carrying his Glock with a round in the chamber, reaching suddenly for the gun and discharging it into his thigh or hip. Sometimes fatally. DON'T keep a round in the chamber.

I mean, if you know your weapon, you can draw it to presentation and rack the slide in about 1 second. I've timed it, and I've been timed. Not coincidentally, a human being can sprint from a dead stop to a distance of 21 feet in about 1 second. Meaning, if you allow a suspicious character to approach to a distance of 21 feet from you, he can be ON TOP of you with a knife or a blackjack or whatever in 1 second.

To each his own. But sometimes a second will mean the difference between your life and the B/G's doing what ever it is they want to do to you. A Glock, Sigma or any number of guns for that matter with internal safeties, is no more dangerous than a wheel gun that is "JUST WAITING for your fingertip on the trigger." I have carried mine for years in condition one and have never come close to shooting myself or have a accidental discharge. I would rather have that one second than give it to the B/G.
    Just my two cents
    ~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

6. Quote Originally Posted by Charles Austin Miller View Post
    Also, you shouldn't be walking around with one in the chamber, ESPECIALLY if your semi-auto is a Glock. All the Glock's safety features are internal, and it's JUST WAITING for your fingertip on the trigger. You read about cases all the time of some guy carrying his Glock with a round in the chamber, reaching suddenly for the gun and discharging it into his thigh or hip. Sometimes fatally. DON'T keep a round in the chamber.
    I'm sorry but I can't let something like this just go by. This kind of advise is ignorant and can get somebody killed. Please don't say things like this when you obviously have no idea what you're talking about. A Glock is no more, or less, dangerous than any other striker-fired pistol. Also, their safeties aren't all internal. That trigger safety is very much external.

And, to be clear, I've personally NEVER read about somebody shooting themselves by just reaching for it with ANY gun, let alone a Glock or any other modern design.

The Great State of Texas "Remember the Alamo"
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Austin Miller View Post
    Also, you shouldn't be walking around with one in the chamber, ESPECIALLY if your semi-auto is a Glock. All the Glock's safety features are internal, and it's JUST WAITING for your fingertip on the trigger. You read about cases all the time of some guy carrying his Glock with a round in the chamber, reaching suddenly for the gun and discharging it into his thigh or hip. Sometimes fatally. DON'T keep a round in the chamber. I mean, if you know your weapon, you can draw it to presentation and rack the slide in about 1 second. I've timed it, and I've been timed. Not coincidentally, a human being can sprint from a dead stop to a distance of 21 feet in about 1 second. Meaning, if you allow a suspicious character to approach to a distance of 21 feet from you, he can be ON TOP of you with a knife or a blackjack or whatever in 1 second.
    I strongly have to disagree. Your advice on not keeping a round in the chamber can get somebody killed if they may ever need to utilize their semi-auto in an emergency self defense situation.

I have carried Glocks almost exclusively since the early 90's, Glocks are very safe & reliable firearms.
    The only safety needed is the one between the ears.
    Fascist's are Magicians...They can make our Property, our Freedom's & even our Children 'Disappear'.
    ~Outlaw~

it does happen i watched a vid of some guy who was very experienced with guns and shot himself in the leg whilst reholstering during practice
    at this point i'm thinking of carrying with one in the chamber and safety off as well so if i have to pull it out i'm ready to fire no fiddling with safety or racking as my gun is not easy to rack or thumb the safety quick enough imo
    and i have a tight trigger so i really have to pull it to get it to go bang
    however if i had to fire it in a situation i would after the situation is had put the safety back on whilst reholstering for sure as the trigger after fire is much easier to engage
    gun control is being able to hit your target

The Great State of Texas "Remember the Alamo"
    Quote Originally Posted by eagleeyes View Post
    it does happen i watched a vid of some guy who was very experienced with guns and shot himself in the leg whilst reholstering during practice
    You mean this dude?

Like I said earlier...
    The only true safety that is needed with a good quality firearm like a Glock is the one 'between the ears'.
    Clearly this 'DEA Reject' didn't truly qualify for the job in the first place.
    Fascist's are Magicians...They can make our Property, our Freedom's & even our Children 'Disappear'.
    ~Outlaw~

I carry to protect myself and my family plan and simple.

lol no that wasn't the one i was thinking of. but i saw that one too that guy in the vid you just posted was very unprofessional imo
    the one i was thinking of was a white guy, dark curly hair, and facial hair.
    .. been around guns for a long time he explained how it happened and showed where the bullet entered and exited his leg
    had to feel bad for him but i'm glad he made a vid on his accidental fire.....he said it happened while he was reholstering the gun
    gun control is being able to hit your target

Page 48 of 139 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898 ... LastLast