Why Do You Carry Concealed? - Page 50
Page 50 of 139 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Do You Carry Concealed?

1. Protection for my family. And to fight the zombie apocalypse.

3. Protection without having everyone gawking at me for open carry.

Its against the law to OC in Mississippi so I have to carry concealed. But I carry to protect myself and my family and friends. I believe that everyone should exercise they're right as an American to carry for protection. If you don't use it you will lose it.

5. Quote Originally Posted by blinddog View Post
    Its against the law to OC in Mississippi so I have to carry concealed.
    It is only illegal to open carry in Mississippi without a License to Carry a Concealed Pistol or Revolver because the courts in Mississippi have ruled that a handgun carried in a holster is partially concealed by the holster itself. As long as you have a License to Carry it is perfectly legal to open carry in Mississippi.

I'll bet it was your CCW instructor who told you it was illegal to open carry? Next time, ask them to show you the statute that prohibits it and listen for the crickets to start chirping. There is no statute in MS that prohibits open carry.

OpenCarry.org - State Information For Mississippi
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

I do have my CCW in Mississippi and I can't find anywhere it says you can't OC but I also can't find anywhere it says you can. I don't see anyone OC in my area. I know that the law says that anyone can carry in their vehicle without a CCW which is good. I know if you are a courier you can OC because I see that alot. I will have to check with my LE and find out if it is leagle or not.

I stand corrected sir. I have been told by LE that it is not legal to OC so I just assumed...you know how that goes. So, thanks for the heads up.

8. Quote Originally Posted by blinddog View Post
    I stand corrected sir. I have been told by LE that it is not legal to OC so I just assumed...you know how that goes. So, thanks for the heads up.
    I've said it many times before, and it still stands, the three biggest sources of misinformation regarding firearms laws continue to prove themselves to be LEOs, CCW Instructors, and gun shop employees.

Quote Originally Posted by blinddog View Post
    I will have to check with my LE and find out if it is leagle or not.
    It is never a good idea to ask law enforcement what is legal or not. They will give you their opinion, which may or may not agree with what the statute actually says. If you want to find out how reliable a source is, don't ask them what the law says. Instead ask them where is the statute that says it.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

I agree, its a sad day when LEO's don't know the proper laws that they are charged to enforce correctly. Until I read your post I was under the assumption that they were suppose to know the laws and not just pull an answer out of their *****.

10. Quote Originally Posted by blinddog View Post
    I agree, its a sad day when LEO's don't know the proper laws that they are charged to enforce correctly. Until I read your post I was under the assumption that they were suppose to know the laws and not just pull an answer out of their *****.
    You might find this article very interesting:

Police Chief Magazine - View Article

So, in other words, LEOs are under no obligation to protect a person from another person even if there was a direct threat from that individual. Or they are not responsible for their actions or inactions in most cases. Am I reading this right? That is outrageous my friend! What are these people being paid for. And what about most police forces saying "To Protect and Serve"? Unreal!

Page 50 of 139 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast