Why Do You Carry Concealed? - Page 52
Page 52 of 139 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Do You Carry Concealed?

1. Plain and simple it levels the playing field. The biggest, meanest bad guy is no more a threat than a little old lady when my 45 is pointed at his head!

Why do I carry? I carry for protection/self defense. Plain and simple, I also want everyone to support the National ccw bill now in the senate.

An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.
    Gun control... Itís not a new idea... Just a bad one!

5. To all that have mentioned they conceal bc oc isn't legal, I live in Louisiana and oc is legal. However, i have NEVER in my short 23 yrs of living here seen anyone but LEO oc. It is very frowned upon and only brings attention to yourself. I will oc at my hunting camp and in the little country gas station near it, that is it! Conceal is the best way to stay armed while not bringing attention to yourself... Stay under the radar if you can help it. A gun on your hip could only cause trouble if the gold toothed gang banger thinks to try your ability in a shoot out

6. if done properly, it allows you to be armed without those around you knowing it and if put into a situation you have an element of surprise

7. Quote Originally Posted by Bm89 View Post
    To all that have mentioned they conceal bc oc isn't legal, I live in Louisiana and oc is legal. However, i have NEVER in my short 23 yrs of living here seen anyone but LEO oc. It is very frowned upon and only brings attention to yourself. I will oc at my hunting camp and in the little country gas station near it, that is it! Conceal is the best way to stay armed while not bringing attention to yourself... Stay under the radar if you can help it. A gun on your hip could only cause trouble if the gold toothed gang banger thinks to try your ability in a shoot out
    Excellent and well thought out advice. Thanks for a level headed approach to the subject of OC.

8. I do so because I feel that I am responsible for the safety of my loved ones. If something happened to them that I could have prevented by CCW'ing and I didn't, I'd never forgive myself.

In our society, why wouldn't you?

I work the gun shows in my off - hobby time and wouldn't dream of having all that "ready street cash" there for the picking'. I deal in fine art during the week and most of my customers prefer cash only deals with no receipts (no this does not keep me from properly reporting and paying taxes). What this means is that there are less than scrupulous people that could conceivably bring an armed 'driver' and end up with both painting and cash. Since most collectors do not like to be seen in galleries I end up remotely selling art and collecting and transporting cash (all legal stuff). Basically I carry to watch my own back. I am ultra careful for the safety of my children (God help the arse-pit that comes onto the sites of my lovely wife! (she has always outshot me in almost every reasonable caliber and weapon class!).
    You buy car insurance, home owners insurance, fire extinguishers and life insurance! What sane person doesn't have some sort of back up plan to calling 9-1-1(who take 45 min to show up unless the blood is already flowing!).
    For what it's worth.....

I carry because i can. i travel for work and i've seen a lot of scary stuff at night. Being armed and not needing it is the better alternative.

Because I have a 6 weeks old baby and a wife. And I'd rather be a gun owner than a victim.