Why Do You Carry Concealed? - Page 54
Page 54 of 139 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Do You Carry Concealed?

1. why I carry concealed

Well I have that right, and when I come out my office with a money different times of the day, sometimes in the late evening after one of my many counseling sessions. I would love to trust everybody but, these last days on this earth is not what it used to be back in 60's - 70's I remember leaving the house unlock no one came. Protection is needed for me and my family.

3. Just want to give me and mine an chance to not be a victim. Hope and pray I never have to use my gun for anything but target practice.

4. I still think that id rather be armed than not if my life is threatened or my love ones. Always remember that the bad guys dont ever choose their victims. Wrong place wrong time. But I still believe that you have to have good self control. If you cant keep your cool please dont carry.. and I dont believe in the 'its Just One beer" if your carrying be sober. And its a Privilege to be able to carry. And Always remember the 4 rules of handgun.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Charles Austin Miller View Post
    Being AWARE of your surroundings and of individuals in your proximity is what buys you time to decide if and when to brandish your weapon. If you're so oblivious to your surroundings that some guy or guys CAN surprise and bushwhack you, then you need to practice your OBSERVATION SKILLS. That means looking over your shoulder, constantly scanning your surroundings, watching for suspicious behavior, and anticipating a confrontation. I mean, NOBODY should be able to approach to within 21 feet of your person, if you're on your guard.

Have you ever watched all the potential victims in large parking lots? They exit their vehicles, facing straight ahead and focused on the the nearest building entrance. When they exit the building, they face straight ahead and focus on returning to their vehicles. During this time, they are TOTALLY OBLIVIOUS to the "big picture" of what is going on around them, they're basically BLIND except for whatever is directly in front of them. Most victims are, in fact, surprised from behind while returning to their vehicles.

Simply BEING OBSERVANT will save your ass, most of the time.

Also, you shouldn't be walking around with one in the chamber, ESPECIALLY if your semi-auto is a Glock. All the Glock's safety features are internal, and it's JUST WAITING for your fingertip on the trigger. You read about cases all the time of some guy carrying his Glock with a round in the chamber, reaching suddenly for the gun and discharging it into his thigh or hip. Sometimes fatally. DON'T keep a round in the chamber.

I mean, if you know your weapon, you can draw it to presentation and rack the slide in about 1 second. I've timed it, and I've been timed. Not coincidentally, a human being can sprint from a dead stop to a distance of 21 feet in about 1 second. Meaning, if you allow a suspicious character to approach to a distance of 21 feet from you, he can be ON TOP of you with a knife or a blackjack or whatever in 1 second.

You have to BE AWARE of everything going on around you, you need to WATCH suspicious people and LET THEM KNOW that you're watching them. This is called DETERRENCE. And if you're being approached by a suspicious character, you should already have a master-grip on your firearm before he reaches that 21-foot limit — this is when you say, in a loud voice, "THAT'S FAR ENOUGH."

Yeah, things happen quickly in an altercation, but MOST of your surprise is due to your LACK of OBSERVATION. If you CAN be surprised, you WILL be surprised, and you'll be another victim.

You are out of your mind if you don't have on chambered ready to go! What's the point I carrying? Hold on timeout bad guy, I need To rack one to shoot you with.... If you can draw rack and point in one second I can draw an point in half a second... Time is everything! Practice drawing with gun cocked and UNLOADED if the hammer strikes prior to pointing and engaging sights then you know to keep practicing. I saw another point in a previous post if you are disabled in one arm via gun shot etc it would be hard to rack on with one hand just not practical to carry an "unloaded" gun might as well have a fake gun

I agree with the previous post, what's the point of carrying if you have to take time to chamber a round when you really need it? Proper gun control is just that. Practicing enough so that everything becomes second nature. Only the unpracticed would squeeze the trigger before they've cleared the gun from their holster. You might as well not even have a loaded magazine in the gun for all the good having a dry chamber will do.

As to having to reload with just one hand, I was shown a neat trick by a cop to overcome that problem and it's something that they're all trained in.

Quote Originally Posted by datsunrdster67 View Post
    I still think that id rather be armed than not if my life is threatened or my love ones. Always remember that the bad guys dont ever choose their victims. Wrong place wrong time. But I still believe that you have to have good self control. If you cant keep your cool please dont carry.. and I dont believe in the 'its Just One beer" if your carrying be sober. And its a Privilege to be able to carry. And Always remember the 4 rules of handgun.
    bad guys don't pick their victims? carrying is a privilege? .....and we wonder why we are losing our rights...Ill take someone who can responsibly drink one beer and carry over this mindset anyday.
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    bad guys don't pick their victims? carrying is a privilege? .....and we wonder why we are losing our rights...Ill take someone who can responsibly drink one beer and carry over this mindset anyday.
    Agree completely, thinking that carrying is a privilege is the mistaken mentality of the left. A right that is clearly stated in the Constitution is exactly that, a right not a privilege.

9. the right to bear arms is yes our second amendments...but as we all know that we do have laws to abide by. So you would rather have untrained masses to carry weapons.. Like MWF3 ? point and shoot and wonder what else you hit later? When i say privilege its the CCW... I know its our rights to carry. But local state and federal laws do have to be followed. Or be jailed for "Your Rights", i didnt mean anything bad about it. You have to get the proper training to carry responsibly. Were loosing our rights because of people not following the laws. Like thugs shooting anything on site. Bank Robbers, burglar, rapist etc... Carry unlawfully and tell us how it is when you get caught. And No Alcohol consumption means zero tolerance. Alcohol will mess up your judgment, So again go ahead and carry drink one beer and if you get caught again let us know how your mindset is. Yes it is our rights, just be right, take the proper training and get your CCW be licensed. If you really want to keep this so called rights.

Why I carry

A few months ago I arrived home from work to find our home had been burglarized. It was very traumatic and really made me do some hard thinking. I have been raised around guns and had several stolen in the break in, but I never carried a gun. I decided that if I were to arrive home to find a burglar in my house I would need to get past them to one of my hidden guns. So instead I decided to carry my gun with me at all times. I want to be able to protect my family, my home, myself, and anyone else who may need protection.

open carry vs concealed

I always conceal carry iven if im in a state that allows open carry

Why advertise and why risk getting shot in the head because the guy behind you saw your gun and now you are a threat

When i carry no one knows or can see my gun including my wife