Why Do You Carry Concealed? - Page 58
Page 58 of 139 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Do You Carry Concealed?

Primarily for self protection but also open carry, even though legal in PA, is not that accepted.

Protect myself,wife,and kids. My right.

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Austin Miller View Post
    Well, perhaps I'm assuming too much in DCKilla's case because he has no profile, but I FIGURED (from his screen name) that he was from the District of Columbia, one of the most anti-gun communities in the United States.

What state ARE you in, Navy? Idaho? Montana?
    I'm a little late to this party. So, I'll cover some of your uneducated statements about me.

First, I don't live in your state or D.C. Second, I have never taken a CC class. In Washington, I can open carry without a CPL and no classes are required. Washington is probably one of the most gun friendly states in the US. I CAN carry in a church. Third, my user name is just a user name. It hardly means anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by DCkilla View Post
    I open carry because the "element of surprise" is just a pipe dream.

I carry for several reasons. First I enjoy guns, shooting. Mostly for accuracy and challenge. I have grown up with guns and find that those with respect are very safe.
    I carry as often as I am allowed - some business are restrictive, some parks not allowed. But I feel you should always carry if you ever carry as you never know when you actually may need to protect yourself.
    I feel its not just my right, but my responsibility. If anything should require me protecting my family, loved ones, or even strangers. I need to be prepared to help out. I'm that way about helping with flat tires, stranded motorists, what have you.

I carry because I consider myself a Sheepdog. I have wife and an 11 year old daughter, and if anyone tries to get between my family and me I want to make sure the odds are at least even. Everyone that can, should carry. When criminals figure out they could get their asses shot off for hurting people they may think twice about doing it.

I carry to protect my my family and myself. As I retired Marine, I feel that I've spent 20 years defending the rights that our founding father's passed on to us in the U.S. Constitution and have every obligation to pass those rights down do my children and grandchildren.

I carry because I love my wife and don't want to lose her or her to lose me.
    Owner, Nexus Defensive Training
    Next class offered: Utah/Arizona/Iowa 4-Hour Concealed Firearms Permit Course in Ames, IA
    For more info or to register online: www.nexusdefensivetraining.com

Quote Originally Posted by lukem View Post
    Here's an article/question I posted.

So let's here, why do you carry concealed?
    Because a cop is too heavy! Seriously, because I value my safety and the safety of my family. I also value our rights as citizens of the greatest country on Earth and if we don't exercise our rights, we'll atrophy!

Blog Entries
    this is why i carry.....Do you have a fire extinguisher? (most likly YES) Have you ever used it?(most likly not)Then why do you have it? (just in case) i carry just in case!!!! I ASK SOMEONE THOSE THREE QUESTIONS WHEN THEY CALL ME PARANOID....i have had two people get there permit based on that scenario because we carry for the same reason you have a fire extinguisher JUST IN CASE!!

I applied for CCW as an simple excercising of my rights. I carry because while waiting for my CCW to come in the mail, I was burgaled, and then I was assaulted with my wife and 12 yo son by a tweeker with his knife & 8 friends. I was in an open carry, he kept coming -anyway. Long story short, I had a revolver and never shot, but he is in prison for not obeying the restraining order (theres a concept that works! NOT!!) issued after that night. He is a member of a national gang and I have very real daily threat. My CCW is only one part of our defense. I no longer make a revolver my primary carry ;) His 'family' is three doors down from me waiting for him to get out of prison. No stress. What so ever. I will not move.