Why Do You Carry Concealed? - Page 59
Page 59 of 139 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Do You Carry Concealed?

Quote Originally Posted by BonannoFamily View Post
    To protect my family, myself and innocent persons, if the need presented itself . It's my right and obligation as I see it.
    I feel the obligation part.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Hruz View Post
    I applied for CCW as an simple excercising of my rights. I carry because while waiting for my CCW to come in the mail, I was burgaled, and then I was assaulted with my wife and 12 yo son by a tweeker with his knife & 8 friends. I was in an open carry, he kept coming -anyway. Long story short, I had a revolver and never shot, but he is in prison for not obeying the restraining order (theres a concept that works! NOT!!) issued after that night. He is a member of a national gang and I have very real daily threat. My CCW is only one part of our defense. I no longer make a revolver my primary carry ;) His 'family' is three doors down from me waiting for him to get out of prison. No stress. What so ever. I will not move.
    It's recommended for all gun owners to take defensive pistol classes, but for you I would definitely recommend it. Have you?
    Owner, Nexus Defensive Training
    Next class offered: Utah/Arizona/Iowa 4-Hour Concealed Firearms Permit Course in Ames, IA
    For more info or to register online: www.nexusdefensivetraining.com

Yes I have, through McAbee Firearms, Highly redomended. They gave me a discount, but for a very reasonable price they come to your home and train the family. It also pays to friends with Marine combat veterans. :) Once they heard what happened I got some good practical education. Also, the reason I didn't shoot that night and survived is because I come with some defensive training as well.

5. I am recently married and I feel a much greater responsibility now to be prepared to protect my beautiful wife and soon to have children.

6. I CC for protection first and foremost...but proud that it's my right to do so!

I have just gotten my Georgia Weapons Carry License and am awaiting the arrival of my first handgun. I bought my license first because here in Georgia, you get to bypass the criminal background check every time you buy a weapon if you are already in possession of your Weapons Carry License. and I plan to conceal carry for two reasons. First, if I am ever in a situation where I need to use my weapon, I would rather not make myself any more threatening to an armed criminal until I am ready to fire my gun. Why increase my risk of being their first target? And second, I have many friends who are in law enforcement, and I understand that they are under obligation to verify that anyone reported as being armed has been assessed as a non-criminal. I have seen all the videos of nervous, crackly voiced twenty somethings trying to prove their manhood by forcing police into confrontations in the name of asserting their 2nd Amendment Rights. I'm way too old for that crap. Hahaha

8. Quote Originally Posted by TheCocaColaSanta View Post
    And second, I have many friends who are in law enforcement, and I understand that they are under obligation to verify that anyone reported as being armed has been assessed as a non-criminal. I have seen all the videos of nervous, crackly voiced twenty somethings trying to prove their manhood by forcing police into confrontations in the name of asserting their 2nd Amendment Rights. I'm way too old for that crap. Hahaha
    While I agree that some of the people in those videos seem to be making a confrontation when there didn't need to be one, you are sorely mistaken on your point. It doesn't depend on your particular state's laws but they generally have no legal right to stop you simply for exercising a right. You carrying a firearm doesn't instantly make you a suspect of committing any crime and the police need to understand that.

9. Quote Originally Posted by TheCocaColaSanta View Post
    And second, I have many friends who are in law enforcement, and I understand that they are under obligation to verify that anyone reported as being armed has been assessed as a non-criminal. I have seen all the videos of nervous, crackly voiced twenty somethings trying to prove their manhood by forcing police into confrontations in the name of asserting their 2nd Amendment Rights. I'm way too old for that crap. Hahaha
    Your friends in law enforcement have been lying to you. Carrying a gun is not an activity that places you under suspicion of committing a crime. Therefore a law enforcement officer has no legal authority or right to detain you in order to verify that you have been assessed as non-criminal. And that is not the Second Amendment, that is the Fourth Amendment. I would suggest that you take a few moments to read and review the Fourth Amendment with your friends in law enforcement sometime.

I carry to defend myself, my family. I carry concealed because I do not want to advertise the weapon. People do not need to know I have a weapon, unless I have to use it.

11. I carry for the same reasons as most here mentioned, personal and family protection. I live in a rural area with good schools and mostly good people but the city is always creeping up on us...