Why Do You Carry Concealed? - Page 60
Page 60 of 139 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Do You Carry Concealed?

Quote Originally Posted by jesusfreak View Post
    I live in Arkansas in a nice small city. But things have changed, we have more than 38 local,active gangs here.I have an obligation to protect my family and friends. So i have adopted the sheep dog attitude. I will protect those that cannot protect themselves.
    What city is that? Just want to stat away from there!!
    ~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

The reason I decided to get my concealed weapons permit is because i live in Cherokee county Gaffney South Carolina and a few years ago we had a murderer who killed 5 people and 3 of them were within a mile radius from my house and he would rob them and before he left would kill them. Story Here Alleged SC Spree Killer, Patrick Burris, Shot Dead by Police: The Criminal Report Daily : Investigation Discovery So I decided to get my CWP this was really close to home so I felt like I needed a way to help protect my family. Another reason happened a week ago there was a guy who was just 10 to 15 minutes down the road from me raping women b y pushing his way into their houses now my house is really well light and we have dogs and a huge fence in the front yard and its really open so it is in no way a good target but to be safe I figured criminals are not very smart and am glad I got my CWP. Its just an added layer of protection.

4. Why Do You Carry Concealed?

I carry because I am a minister and I believe it is my duty not only to comfort my flock but also to protect them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by kennethfouch View Post
    I carry because I am a minister and I believe it is my duty not only to comfort my flock but also to protect them as well.
    Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle;

Like others, we were robbed. Crime in our city is getting worse. I carry to protect myself and my family. I hope I never have to use it, but ready in the event that I have to defend myself.

My motto: It is better to have it and not need it, then need it and not have it.

Exclamation Why I carry concealed...

Because it is my right under the 2nd amendment to the U.S. Constitution as ratified in 1791...

As passed by the Congress:

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

...as well as a right guaranteed under the Pennsylvania State Constitution that predates the Bill of Rights:

"The right of the citizens to bear arms in defence of themselves and the State shall not be questioned." Art. 1, 21 (enacted 1790)
    http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj239/Gunnutz13/avatars/LOGO/THOMPSON1927A1SMG-SMALL.jpg

Why Do You Carry Concealed?

Because I can. (God said it was ok too).

9. Because I can.
    Tomcatt

10. Re: Why Do You Carry Concealed?

Because I can and to protect my family when and if the time comes. Which I hope never happens

Tim
    Hanging is the game.

11. Same answer as most if not all of the above stated" Protection of loved ones and self.".....Kamikaze45