Why Do You Carry Concealed? - Page 61
Page 61 of 139 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Do You Carry Concealed?

In this crazy world, why wouldn't I carry a pistol? My philosophy on having a gun is the same as having a condom: Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.

Protection, peace of mind. Sort of like having battery cables in the trunk. You may not need it now but one day you will and it's better to have it than not.

I carry concealed because in Arkansas you can't open carry. We're trying to change that!
    ~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

I carry to protect myself. I conceal for the element of surprise and I don't want to advertise I have a gun.
    NRA LE Handgun/Shotgun Instructor * Pa ACT235 Firearms Instructor * MPOETC HR218 Instructor * Speed is fine, accuracy is Final.

I carry concealed for a number of reasons. First is - Because I can. May sound contrite but my Second Amendment rights allow me to so I exercise that right. I also had a very bad experience in Bosnia
    while assigned to UNPROFOR. I was the only one in the mob that did not have a weapon. Luckily I got out of the situation safely. So I swore I would never leave my personal safety up to someone else ever again.
    So now I daily carry.

NRA Firearms Instructor
    No Guts, No Glory.

7. Protection and to keep what I have worked hard to get.

8. Violence is so random now. There was a time when you knew which were the most dangerous area of town but now even in the "good" areas in broad daylight armed assults and robberies are happening. Also, given the threats of violence over the election results everybody should be ready.

9. While my community is relatively low-crime, there has been a sniper shooting dozens of drivers on mid-Michigan highways recently. That is over and above the "routine" risks of home invasion, gang-bangers, mass murderers and other low-lifes in our world. I've decided to carry because there are simply too many dangerous bad-guys out there and I want to be prepared if I am in the wrong place at the wrong time and need to defend myself and/or my family.

10. Well. I don't live in fear, I am a Christian and I always have 3 Warriors with me all the time. I own a gun and a CCW permit. Yes, you have to be prepared for the unexpected because evil and trouble can strike at anytime. Thats why I carry

Quote Originally Posted by JMAC53 View Post
    Violence is so random now. There was a time when you knew which were the most dangerous area of town but now even in the "good" areas in broad daylight armed assults and robberies are happening. Also, given the threats of violence over the election results everybody should be ready.
    Threats of violence over election results? Threats made by whom? This isn't some Third World country. The hell are you talking about?