Why Do You Carry Concealed? - Page 62
Page 62 of 139 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Do You Carry Concealed?

Quote Originally Posted by sharpenit View Post
    Threats of violence over election results? Threats made by whom? This isn't some Third World country. The hell are you talking about?
    KUHNER: Obama backers threaten postelection violence - Washington Times

President Obama’s supporters are threatening riots and violence should he be defeated in November.
    NRA LE Handgun/Shotgun Instructor * Pa ACT235 Firearms Instructor * MPOETC HR218 Instructor * Speed is fine, accuracy is Final.

Living in a nice area is good. Just think, comming home and going into your house, some unexpected person is in there waiting for you.
    MICHAEL

4. I carry so that I can protect my family.

When the Government is afraid of it's People, this is Liberty
    When the People are afraid of the government, That is TYRANNY

Besides, I live in Arizona and our laws are a tad bit different than other states.
    The Second Amendment is not about Hunting!!
    When the Government is afraid of of it's People, This LIBERTY
    When the People are afraid of the government, That is TYRANNY

6. Protection

I have been carrying for about 8 years now. I always have the protection of myself and those around me on my mind. It's too bad that as a hospital worker and retired military that there are so many places I go to that don't allow carrying.

I am retired military and I carry not because I am all gung ho, but to protect my family and myself. There is so much crime everywhere now and it doesn't make any difference if it is day or night people are trying to steal or hurt you..

8. Violence is so random now. There was a time when you knew which were the most dangerous it just make me feel better to know that I have some thing to Protect me And my family

Crime is at a 20-year low

Quote Originally Posted by Lbergerb48 View Post
    I am retired military and I carry not because I am all gung ho, but to protect my family and myself. There is so much crime everywhere now and it doesn't make any difference if it is day or night people are trying to steal or hurt you..
    Actually, crime is at a 20-year low. There's still enough to go around, so concealed-carry is perfectly justified. But it's misinformed to suggest that "there is so much crime everywhere now" as if we're at some high point in the crime rate or that it's getting worse. It isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by sharpenit View Post
    Actually, crime is at a 20-year low. There's still enough to go around, so concealed-carry is perfectly justified. But it's misinformed to suggest that "there is so much crime everywhere now" as if we're at some high point in the crime rate or that it's getting worse. It isn't.
    Depends on where you live or travel to. Like no carry cities or states (IL).
    ~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

11. Re: Why Do You Carry Concealed?

Quote Originally Posted by gejoslin View Post
    Depends on where you live or travel to. Like no carry cities or states (IL).
    This is true

Tim
    Hanging is the game.