Why Do You Carry Concealed? - Page 63
Page 63 of 139 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Do You Carry Concealed?

Quote Originally Posted by gejoslin View Post
    Depends on where you live or travel to. Like no carry cities or states (IL).
    I was responding to the assertion that "There is so much crime EVERYWHERE now." It just ain't so.

Quote Originally Posted by sharpenit View Post
    I was responding to the assertion that "There is so much crime EVERYWHERE now." It just ain't so.
    I agree, states that allow people to carry, the crimes against persons has dropped. Not enough in my opinion. There for I carry, to protect myself and my family. If the crime rate should ever drop to zero (fat chance) I'll reevaluate. Sure like that's gonna happen!
    There's always a reason to carry. What about the zombies!
    ~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

Blog Entries
    I carry concealed because I don't like rain snow or ice on my piece.

Haha Im more of an OC guy.

If asked why I carry, I'm a father.

Crime down?

Actually, crime is at a 20-year low. There's still enough to go around, so concealed-carry is perfectly justified. But it's misinformed to suggest that "there is so much crime everywhere now" as if we're at some high point in the crime rate or that it's getting worse. It isn't.
    I'm not sure where you live and crime may be down in certain areas by a 20 year-low, but it is on the increase in our area and it doesn't make any difference whether it is a rich, medium, or poor area. Thieves and people out to destroy things are hitting everywhere around us.

Still haven't found a better place to put it yet therefore cc is the only safe way.

Crime just sucks.

8. Re: Why Do You Carry Concealed?

I do be cause I can and to protect my family. But right now I am carrying my xds in the paddle holster that came with it till my crossbreed minituck comes in

Tim
    Hanging is the game.

We all know there are more criminals in prison than ever before...no argument. So help me understand. If a child is playing on a street of a hundred homeowners 20 years ago and 10 are pedophiles is the child safer on a street of a thousand neighbors and 90 are pedophiles today? Hey... I think MORE evil men make MORE crime.

side note:
    If you quote Judge Scalia I will just...throw up

10. Quote Originally Posted by sharpenit View Post
    Actually, crime is at a 20-year low. There's still enough to go around, so concealed-carry is perfectly justified. But it's misinformed to suggest that "there is so much crime everywhere now" as if we're at some high point in the crime rate or that it's getting worse. It isn't.
    What is your source to back up that statement/claim? Not looking for a fight, just curious where the info for that claim comes.
    And does that info only include assault type crimes, which are the ones us gun toting folks are trying to protect against. If "crime is down" includes shoplifting , etc., that would not be a valid argument in this forum, as the overall crime rate, that includes such non-confrontational life threatening acts, is not our main concern here, as far as why we carry.

Crime maybe on it's way down but it still too high to go unarmed!

Crime in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/2012.../crimes_061112

Crime is down because criminals know there is a larger chance that their intended victim just might be armed.

After all they are cowards! They only attack victims that they think they can victimize.

Crime started going down about the time CC and OC were legalized.

I don't think this is coincidental.
    ~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~