Why Do You Carry Concealed? - Page 68
Page 68 of 139 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078118 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Do You Carry Concealed?

I carry concealed because I'm not carrying open.
    I carry open because I'm not carrying concealed.

Bottom line --- I carry!

In a more lucid vein: Why mostly concealed? Because a lot of people still have a hard time wrapping their head around the idea of a gun on the hip of a pastor.

3. Hey tattedupboy, just curious as you've said you were shot in the back; were you shot because they knew you had a gun or were you pulling when you saw the guy about to rob you? Curious as I carry every day in a bad neighborhood and know this is prob the only way someone will get the jump on me. Thanks for your answer, Manosea.

I am getting to the age whereas I am no longer invincible, therefore I carry. I no longer carry a knife to a gun fight, I carry a gun, so I don't have to fight.

Unlike the Police Chief of Emeryville, Ca. my gun is for defensive purposes, that is why it is concealed.

because I can!!!

I carry because I value my safety, and I have a beautiful woman I like going home to every night!
    Gary

To protect my loved ones and myself.What else is there?

That is a very good reason to carry. Sorry to hear you were shot and robbed.

Amen! I totally agree with your response.

I carry concealed to protect myself and family. There is another good reason as well. We like to believe that most Americans own weapons and carry them. The problem is this simply isn't true. My Tennessee permit allows carry. I can carry concealed or openly. Some folks are made very nervous when you carry openly. If you rub it in their face and all this comes to a vote, they may vote against you. I prefer to be discreet. I gain an advantage in that way as a criminal in Wal-Mart or any where else I happen to go, doesn't know who might be armed. That is a deterrent. If he knows I am armed and I don't know he is, he now has the advantage. I prefer to tilt the scale in favor of the good guys.
    In order to receive forgiveness, we must first forgive.

Murphy's Law is still in effect.

11. Quote Originally Posted by Dave Nowlin View Post
    I gain an advantage in that way as a criminal in Wal-Mart or any where else I happen to go, doesn't know who might be armed. That is a deterrent.
    I agree that the possibility of facing armed citizens, in general, is a deterrent to some types of crimes. The vast majority of mass shootings happen in gun free zones. Home invasions of OCCUPIED homes in the US is much less than the UK because of the possibility of facing armed residents. However, how can a concealed firearm be any kind of deterrent to the criminal from attacking you personally? The criminal is waiting outside Wal Mart to grab a wallet or purse, or carjack someone. How does your conealed firearm deter them from picking you as a target over all the other customers who you appear to be just exactly alike in appearance?
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.