Why Do You Carry Concealed? - Page 71
Page 71 of 139 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381121 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Do You Carry Concealed?

Quote Originally Posted by jerkos View Post
    I think the queston that is being asked is why do you carry concealed, rather then open carry? Not why do you carry.
    Because too many cops don't know the law and are more than eager to throw their power around with "going to the terror of the public" charges. I don't have the time or the patience (and lawyers) to educate them.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

3. I carry for the safety of my family and I. I CC because I don't want to give reason for the anti-gun nuts to complain about seeing guns. I converse with many people each day while carrying and some would be for it and others not so much. With it concealed I'm just a regular Joe!
    I’d much rather go to my grave never needing my gun, than go there wishing I had it

4. Desert Storm vet.... #1 .....It's my duty to carry...#2....protection from enemies foriegn and domestic.....protect myself and my family....

5. Simple logic...
    I carry because I'm a sheepdog! :)
    the days ilI question myself if I need my firearm heading out the door, I usually look at the mirror and say.... Baaaaa
    That makes me run back upstairs and holster up.

I carry concealed to protect myself and my family.
    I always carry concealed, even if I have the option of open carry. IF you carry concealed, the bad guys don't know you are carrying.

If you are on line in a 7-11 or any other store, and the would be robbers see you standing on line wearing a gun, you might get shot in the head because they see you as a threat.

I don't feel you should be advertising it.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Superglide View Post
    If you are on line in a 7-11 or any other store, and the would be robbers see you standing on line wearing a gun, you might get shot in the head because they see you as a threat.
    The much more likely outcome would be that the would be robbers would just turn around and leave and either rob the next convenience store down the street where there isn't a gun visibly present or wait 5 minutes for the guy with the gun to leave. There has never been a documented case of Joe Citizen being shot first in a robbery, unless Joe Citizen was also wearing a uniform and badge to go with the gun. I'll go with the odds in favor of the bad guy leaving me alone because he sees my gun and spare myself and my family the trauma of an attack, defense against an attack, and the resulting legal hassles associated with it - yes I am completely selfish, I don't consider it my duty to rid the earth of one bad guy - let them move on and be someone else's problem.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Superglide View Post
    I carry concealed to protect myself and my family.
    I always carry concealed, even if I have the option of open carry. IF you carry concealed, the bad guys don't know you are carrying.

I don't feel you should be advertising it.
    You are correct... if a person is carrying concealed the bad guy doesn't know you are carrying and you look just like all the other possible victims wandering around who are defenseless because they aren't carrying.. and to the bad guy... all of those possible victims look like easy pickings to rob/rape/or shoot in the head because they all look like they are unarmed. I don't feel you should be hiding your gun in fear of being noticed.

See how ridiculing and demeaning another person's choice in how to exercise the right to bear arms works?

Fortunately in many States people have the choice.. they have the freedom to make a decision... based on their own personal factors/criteria... if they will carry openly or concealed (or both at the same time!). Regardless of what other people think about that choice/decision.

I'll take the fire extinguisher reference a step further. Yes you have it and hope to never need it; but like a parachute, one instance of needing it and not having it and you may never need it again.

Both CC and OC have risks and benefits. Just because I have decided that CC is what is best for myself doesn't mean that it is what is best for everyone. Everyone must decide that for themselves.

Concealed carry is good in that it puts people on an equal footing with armed criminals, without those armed criminals knowing it; a disadvantage is that your concealed gun won't protect you until the criminal has already started attacking you.

Open carry provides a level of deterrence that concealed carry can't; a disadvantage of it is that people who carry openly are more likely to have the police called on them than people who only carry concealed.

Of course there are many more advantages and disadvantages for each mode of carry besides what I've listed; furthermore, having a gun, whether or not it is concealed, is no guarantee that you'll prevail over would-be criminals 100% of the time.

Ultimately, weighing the benefits against the risks of CC and OC is best left to the individual.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

Let's face it, every time you walk out the door you take a risk. We all know it. I carry to protect myself and the ones I love along with those who can't protect themselves. We not only have the "Right" to carry, we have the "Responsibility" to do so. Our country is in the state it is now because many have taken to "Rights" and forgotten "Responsibility." Just my two cents.