Why Do You Carry Concealed? - Page 73
Page 73 of 139 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Do You Carry Concealed?

Why is it when an CC person gives an opinion on why he/she is CC and even apologizes for giving his opinion, a OC person replies with an insult. Save that crap for the anti gunners.

Quote Originally Posted by jerkos View Post
    Why is it when an CC person gives an opinion on why he/she is CC and even apologizes for giving his opinion, a OC person replies with an insult. Save that crap for the anti gunners.
    Why is it when a CC'er lies about OC (especially when it's obvious they have never done it), he/she thinks it's an insult when confronted on it?

Quote Originally Posted by jerkos View Post
    Secrets of OC=None. Shoot him/her first.
    How about we leave the lies to the anti gunners?
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sounds good to me.

5. Because I can't carry a cop...OK, with the jokes out of the way, I carry concealed because of the safety of my family and myself. I have a new grandson and I don't want "anything" to happen to him, he is our joy! I also carry two guns just in case. In the Army I had a Colt .45 and a M16A1 (yes I am old), if the 16 jammed or failed you always had the .45! There are crazies wherever you go anymore so gearing up is something you have to do like putting on your seat belt when you get in your car! Short story: My aunt and uncle on my wifes side live in Tennessee on a golf course (yes they are well off) when a couple of guys broke down the door and at gunpoint duct taped their hands, feet and mouths! They robbed them blind! Thank God they weren't injured!! They were found two days latter! The neighbors were no help. No they still don't have guns! Why do I carry? This is one of many reasons.

I ccw for defense... but the question was, why do I conceal carry... here in MA. it is the only way to legally carry....

I'm having a problem with my Sheriff's office with my permits application so I've been OC'ing everyday until they rectify their problem. Mostly I get a lot of way to go's, and other positive statements. One elderly lady (Late 80's) said "wow your a dangerous person to have around." So I asked her why? Well we had a nice conversation and when we parted she said that she'd like to change her comment. She said "Your really a good guy to have around!" All it took was a few constructive minutes, being polite and just being honest. Some people you can NEVER get to, so don't sweat them, as it's their problem not yours. When they ask me why I carry a weapon I tell them the truth that one of my older brothers was murdered and shot 5 times in the face and I don't want that to happen again to me or someone I care about. And if I have any say in it, IT WON'T! God Bless & Keep your Powder Dry!

Dennis in Idaho
    Remember there's an Attorney attached to every Bullet you Fire!
    Dennis in Idaho
    "Citizenship requires three boxes: "The Ballot Box,
    The Jury Box, and the Cartridge Box." Fredrick Douglas

8. I plan to carry concealed because it is better to have one and not need it rather than need one and not have one. One never knows when or where you or your loved ones or people in the same place as you will become a victim. If I have a firearm I can chose to not be a victim and use my firearm in a legal way.

That is my reason

I keep mine "swinging in the breeze" for all to see!

Sent from behind enemy lines.

I was in an OC and had a confrontation with a tweeker and his knife... long story short, cops advised to use my CCW permit as anyone, even a crack house full of tweekers can falsely accuse and make life difficult for you. Having more too lose than those guys... 99.99% I am CC. That said, I have decided to OC more, particularly for political statement.

11. Everyone should try and keep emotions out of any forum or blog. I carry because the world is a bad place and getting worse all the time. I hope I never have to draw my pistol but I also hope I never have to say: If only I had been armed.