Why Do You Carry Concealed? - Page 77
Page 77 of 139 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987127 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Do You Carry Concealed?

1. Because my neighborhood is declining and I'm not moving from my retirement home.

I personally carry because it gives me the knowledge that I am able to protect myself, family and what's mine. Sometimes the LEO's are not there when a crime is committed and people get hurt or dead. I don't intend to be one of those.

4. I live 30 min south of chicago

5. For protection better to have and not need than to need and not have

Sent from my LG-P999 using USA Carry mobile app

6. I carry cause I am disabled and a good way to protect myself and my family

Also, people, know that the 911 dispatch is not the police and does not have any authority. They are not legal advice. If they did or did not tell Zimmerman not to follow is not legally binding. But keep in mind that the call is recorded and will be played in court.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using USA Carry mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by jasonb92 View Post
    I was not stating that you said anything, I was admitting that I had my statement wrong and what the dispatcher did tell GZ. Additionally I did read the entire dispatch 911 transcript. I chose to post the short section that has the point I was correcting myself on and the entire snip-it is in chronological order. It's not worth arguing with you over so this is my last statement on the subject. I was admitting my own error, you however didn't read it all and jumped to some conclusions.
    Also, people, know that the 911 dispatch is not the police and does not have any authority. They are not legal advice. If they did or did not tell Zimmerman not to follow is not legally binding. But keep in mind that the call is recorded and will be played in court.

(Forgot to quote)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using USA Carry mobile app

I carry because I have been in the need-but-didn't-have category a couple of times. I carry because the lives of innocent people matters to me more than the lives of those who would prey upon them. I carry because just the other night, I passed three people on drugs, one drug dealer, and a cop who was attending to something else entirely in the three block span from where I got off of transit and my front door. I carry because I'm a conservative living in Portland, Oregon, a city which is so intolerant of conservatism that I've been assaulted three times merely for attending an event where people who escaped Soviet Communism told the stories of why they escaped.

And dammit, I carry because I have a fundamental, natural, and God-given right to look after my own safety. And I won't be surrendering that right any time soon.

So that I will never be a victim in a circumstance that I could have had control over. I also feel a strong societal duty, and am willing to risk myself if it means saving others (think theater shooting where i have the choice of running out the door or stopping the shooter, I would like to think that I would put others first and stop the shooter).

11. I'm getting older and I can't defend myself anymore so I compensate with my CCW