Why Do You Carry Concealed? - Page 78
Page 78 of 139 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088128 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Do You Carry Concealed?

1. I presently don't conceal carry simply because I disagree with the big fees charged to get the license. Going thru a class is no biggie, but the charges imposed by a Sheriff is ridiculous!

I agree with the fees, but I want my sidearm still. Not too much in North Dakota ($25 (no course)) or Utah ($165 first time (with the course I took) total, $15 every five years (no course)). Minnesota was $75 and $50 every five years in the county I applied. Courses required but range in price. $50 to $250.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using USA Carry mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Yorkyrebel View Post
    I presently don't conceal carry simply because I disagree with the big fees charged to get the license. Going thru a class is no biggie, but the charges imposed by a Sheriff is ridiculous!
    Nothing makes a right into a privilege faster than charging and regulating it. Good on you, I've been contemplating whether or not I will renew my 2a privilege, or just exercise my 2a right.
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    Nothing makes a right into a privilege faster than charging and regulating it. Good on you, I've been contemplating whether or not I will renew my 2a privilege, or just exercise my 2a right.
    I rather not be in jail

i have been licensed to carry for a few months now, but have never left home with it...not sure why

7. Life assurance.

Self protection. Have never needed a weapon. Probably won't need one in the future. The operative word in the last statement is "probably." But what if........? I would rather have a weapon and not need it than need a weapon and not have it. Another reason for obtaining a concealed carry license is that I wanted to get it "while I still could."

Quote Originally Posted by ChDangerfield View Post
    I rather not be in jail

I can carry openly with no privilege card, or going to jail. A lot of states are that way. Some even allow to conceal without a privilege card, you know the states that actually believe in the 2a, aka constitutional carry states. I may be moving to one of this states soon, and I'll definitely not get the optional privilege card there.

I commend the other poster for standing up for what's right. You can be okay with charging people for their freedom, I mean heck people used to believe in slaves, we are all entitled to our opinions.
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

10. I originally took the class to be a responsible gun owner, and to learn a little about the legalities of protecting myself, but never bothered with obtaining a CCW permit. Since many of the public mass-shootings have started occuring I've seen the whole process through. I still don't carry every day, but I think I'm a little better prepared

Bottom line is - Just don't want to be a victim...

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    I can carry openly with no privilege card, or going to jail. A lot of states are that way. Some even allow to conceal without a privilege card, you know the states that actually believe in the 2a, aka constitutional carry states. I may be moving to one of this states soon, and I'll definitely not get the optional privilege card there.

I commend the other poster for standing up for what's right. You can be okay with charging people for their freedom, I mean heck people used to believe in slaves, we are all entitled to our opinions.
    This I do know but the state I live in requires a permit to carry open or concealed. If it did not, then I would not have bothered.