Why Do You Carry Concealed? - Page 79
Page 79 of 139 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189129 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Do You Carry Concealed?

1. I suffered a severe back and leg injury that has weakened me significantly. Short of a miracle, I will not be able to run away from a fight because I can only get the treadmill up to 3.1 miles per hour. As I acknowledged my shortcomings, I decided to apply for a concealed handgun license for WA and OR. I decided to carry to defend myself, protect my home, and protect my family.

I carry because I don't have armed guards protecting me and my family.

4. Because I can. No one has more to lose in event of an altercation with me or a loved one than I do.

5. carry

Quote Originally Posted by lukem View Post
    Here's an article/question I posted.

So let's here, why do you carry concealed?
    i carry to keep me and my family safe

Because I read the OP as asking why do I concealed carry as opposed to open carry I will say this:

I conceal for a few reasons but mostly because I have not become completely comfortable...yet, with open carry. I am definitely not one of those that believes by concealing I am safer because BGs won't shoot me first, or that I am better off because I can surprise the BG. Those two reasons that are often used by CCers make no sense to me if I take real world behavior into account. I may or may not get to the point of being comfortable enough to OC, so I will continue to CC and see how things play out.

By the way, it is a bit disturbing (but not at all surprising) to see so much backbiting between the two sides (OC vs CC). As a society we have become so engrossed with ourselves that we tend to view things in the overall, ONLY as they apply to us...my team is the best, my church is the best, my candidate is the best, my gun is the best, my choice of carry is the best, etc. Any thought, idea or practice that does not fit our paradigm is often trashed and kicked about because it makes us feel better about ourselves. Now I'm not saying that we shouldn't bash certain tenets or approaches it's just that we too often bash them all...if they are in any way different than our own.

Lighten up...take a deep breath...enjoy.

Carry because we can and we should and the methods will work out just fine.

i have started traveling more now that i am retired so carry more cash with me at times also our trailer is a little easyer to brake into than a house

8. Two reasons, really. The obvious reason is that I will not ever be the guy who brings a knife to a gunfight. The second, and the reason I give to my gun-averse acquaintances, is that " 10 people aren't going to get shot while I'm at the mall" - that someone has to be willing to de-claw the predators who hope to pick the unarmed as their victims.

I used to carry a 12 gauge only, before I bought a handgun. Now if I go back to where I carried the 12, then I would have the 12 and a M1911A1. 12 gauge only because all handguns are useless against mountain lions that were on the horse farm that I worked to take care of horses.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using USA Carry mobile app

I carry for the protection of my family. I am a supporter of local law enforcement, but know that they can't be everywhere at once. If me or my loved ones are in danger, I don't want to be vulnerable & reliant on someone else to save me.

11. My wife and I carry to defend our family and friends from those that would do them harm. While I trust our local law enforcement to be there as soon as they can, I know it will be too little, too late. And while carrying a gun is a good idea, having the training to use it is even better. We train every year with our local Sheriff's office, and it has made a huge difference in how we handle our firearms. Not to mention that our reaction times and accuracy have improved tremendously.