Why Do You Carry Concealed? - Page 80
Page 80 of 139 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290130 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Do You Carry Concealed?

Because,,,

When I was in my twenties, I worked at Harris County Sheriff's department in Houston long enough to learn a whole lot about what is 'out there'. There were plenty of crimes going on, plenty of violent crimes, like the criminals who were waiting under parked cars and slashing women's ankles when they opened the door, and the guy who was going around getting in houses, telling women he wouldn't hurt them if they would let him tie them up, and then he cut them into pieces, after torturing them, and they were still talking about Dean Corll. It doesn't take much introduction to the belly of a city through the eyes of the cops who patrol it, to know that no one is safe. No one has immunity. No one can pray, beg, cry, joke, or negotiate themselves out of some situations.

Enter the concealed weapon and security, peace of mind and serenity. Which all by itself, without ever being pulled, has the power to keep a lot of nasties at bay. Cause attitude is everything. I've been there a few times, and know the only reason violence was avoided was because knew I had a gun handy and I had attitude.

I pity the people who think they are somehow special, somehow not going to have to face violence. I met a few of them at the Sheriff's department, eyes glazed, unable to cope with what just happened. Stunned into disbelief that they could be targeted, cause they were good, they were special, they didn't believe in violence, so how could it possibly happen to them. Pitiful.

So I decided, pretty early in life, I was going down fighting. I was lucky to have amazing safety training and have found it to come in really handy a few times. Like the time I almost shot the waterbed,,, but that is another story.

Quote Originally Posted by lukem View Post
    Here's an article/question I posted.

So let's here, why do you carry concealed?

I carry concealed as I would rather have more of that element of surprise.

4. My favorite quote right now is, "When seconds count, police are just minutes away."
    I know if my home is invaded, my coworker lives a few houses down and has multiple guns.... I feel safer calling him...
    Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against policemen... I even have a few relatives that are cops, but my house is small and our lives too precious.

I carry for the protection of my family and myself..

Attempted robbery at an ATM

Quote Originally Posted by lukem View Post
    Here's an article/question I posted.

So let's here, why do you carry concealed?
    I had a similar situation, but it no one died. My wife and I were getting money out of an ATM when a stranger came up behind us and attempted to rob us. He said he had a gun, but never showed one. Long story short, we ended up in a tussle while my wife dialed 911. I have carried since, and will continue to do so.

PS: Because our dumb ass politicians in Texas are sitting on their asses.

I don't carry all the time but when I travel with my family I do - somebody has got to watch out for them in times of need.

9. You are unprepared

Quote Originally Posted by darrparr56 View Post
    I don't carry all the time but when I travel with my family I do - somebody has got to watch out for them in times of need.
    Just my opinion but if you only carry some of the time then you are only prepared some of the time. I suppose the bad folks out there will only bother you while you are traveling with your family?? I am not trying to be a [email protected]@ just trying to make a point. I carry everywhere it is legal to do so all the time.

When I got my carry permit I decided to carry all the time because I wanted to get used to it. Then I found my self being naked when I didn't carry. As long as it isn't uncomfortable or bothersome I always carry. You can't predict when you'll need it. It's hard to mentally think of the time you need it and you didn't carry it. The best(worst) case I can use is the woman that went to MacDonald's with her parents and had to leave her gun in the car. She lost her parents to a mad man and she couldn't do anything about it. I'll think of that the rest of my life.

11. " As long as it isn't uncomfortable or bothersome I always carry." That is exactly the same as going into the Mcdonalds with your weapon in the car!! I will say it one more time. I am sure of this, just as sure as you are and that is that the bad people out there won't bother you if they know that today of all days you didn't carry because it was uncomfortable' Hang a sign on your body that says "Please don't try and rob, rape or kill me or my family today because it was too uncomfortable to carry my weapon". I carry everywhere it is legal to do so and I hope that I am never in a position where I say "If only I had been carrying today, maybe my wife wouldn't be dead" I am not trying to start an argument or anything but if you only carry some of the time then pray you only get robbed some of the time.....